+ Reply
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GV Mobile Now on Cydia [ ModMyi Repo ]

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by frankii I must have read something wrong. I thought we got 2 numbers. Guess not but can change for $10. They should have a 24-48 hour option.
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankii View Post
    I must have read something wrong. I thought we got 2 numbers. Guess not but can change for $10. They should have a 24-48 hour option. Reason is, a number I picked said Burbank but when you call it it says LA.

Dark, did someone invite you? Where's that setting. Heading onver to rumor sites, stories probaby there.
    Not yet they are slowly giving people 3 invites each. Lmk if anyone gets them and hit me up
    iPhone 3gs 3.1 firmware

Lockerz member PM for inv

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkhunter130 For This Useful Post:

frankii (10-15-2009)

Thanks

I have not seen any invites except my own - is this something you see when you log in to your phone?

I want the feature that allows you to see all calls made on a certain day, times the calls were placed and having the ability to send it as an email. Purpose: say your working at home calling people for your sales/music staff and you need to show them the calls, length of time, et-cetera.

Where can I submit ideas?
    Music at website a bit old - more new orhestra coming soon.

Thanks

No you have to log into ur account on the web to see if you have invites yet
    iPhone 3gs 3.1 firmware

Thanks
    Thanked 9,122 Times in 2,709 Posts

Dark, as soon as I get invites, if you still don;t have one, I'd be happy to invite you. I'll keep checking until I get them. Don't see them yet on my account though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by metaserph View Post
    Dark, as soon as I get invites, if you still don;t have one, I'd be happy to invite you. I'll keep checking until I get them. Don't see them yet on my account though.
    What section?

Looking at my inbox now to GVMobile...

I see Send feedback | Settings | Help | Sign out

Then on the left, the
    Starred
    History
    Spam
    Trash
    Contacts
    Voicemail
    SMS
    Recorded
    Placed
    Received
    Missed

Is there somewhere I should be looking?

Thanks.

As will I....

Of course the calls are not free unless you add to you A-List, but that's still pricey at 89.00 a month plus data plan, but I suppose if I use it all the time, it would count as free minutes.
    Last edited by frankii; 10-15-2009 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Music at website a bit old - more new orhestra coming soon.

Thanks

What do you mean the calls are not free? And I got an invite!!! Its sick! I love google voice.
    iPhone 3gs 3.1 firmware

Thanks

he means if you make a call on your iphone it uses your minutes when the google voice app rings your iphone to connect the call
    Black iPhone 4 32gb. MacBook Pro (but still have a Gateway Desktop running Windows 7 Professional)

Thanks

Oh ok yea I knew that.
    iPhone 3gs 3.1 firmware

Thanks

Actually if you spend 59$ on a single plan and $89 for a family plan, you can each add 5 phone lines on what they call A list. Add the gv mobile and all calls are free but with paychecks taking a flat 10% for state and sales tax at 9,25. It might be time to cut the loss with anf pay for mobilePCS. FLAT $50 a month. Thing is, coveage, 3g or 4g and how would I use Internet. Anyone look into. Just woke up. Typing bad on iPhone when just waking up.

Sooty. Tired meant metroPCS. phone is 3,0 jailbroken not unlocked.
    Last edited by frankii; 10-17-2009 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yep, working great on 3.1.2. For a while a I was using the webapp since people said it was just as good, but that's rotten advice. I'm finding GVmobile as useful as the native phone APP. Google Voice really rocks on the jailbroken iphone by the way. It works awesome as a SIP solution too. I have rotten coverage in my office and my apartment (yea, AT&T blows) but with google voice I have my office phone ring, so it's no problem there. And I got a free SIP account with Gizmo that integrates easily with google voice (just google gizmo5 and googlevoice for easy setup instructions). Now I run Fring in the background (with backgrounder) and keepawake SBsettings toggle so I can receive google voice calls in my apt over WIFI on Fring (and make google voice phone calls). Pretty sweet.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    You might want to log in to your GV account and disable sms forwarding.......just to make sure it doesn't count toward your plan.

Quote Originally Posted by rberube View Post
    GV Mobile works great!
    I love the free unlimited SMS. I'm not sure I am doing it right though. Any thoughts as to how I can SMS without using my plan txts? I am a little confused with this process.

Thanks for any help.

I'm glad I finally jailbroke my 3G after procrastinating for a year. It's so much better than before. I was one of those who went to 3.1 then decided to downgrade to 3.0.1 for jailbreaking purposes. I used iPhone1,2_3.1_7C144_Custom_Restore_768mb_Activated .ipsw then used redsn0w to finish the process.

This must be a bug. This happens intermittently to me also.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Daerid's Avatar
    Thanks

So I have set up Gizmo5 w/ Siphone (found on Cydia) using Google Voice and GV Mobile (also found on Cydia), this thing rocks! I will be traveling to Canada, and unlocked my phone so I could get a SIM. That way I could keep in touch with my kids and such. But with Backgrounder (also on Cydia) running Siphone, I am able to get all of my calls via WiFi and not touch the mobile network in Canada. This will make for a great alternative w/o having to worry about roaming charges or what not... This makes for a fantastic world traveling option. I know that you need WiFi to make it work, but that will be fine for me. And since I have my Google Voice number in my A List I have the best of all worlds, local and abroad.

Thanks

wooooooowwwwwwwwww

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by astalavistadear View Post
    wooooooowwwwwwwwww
    Wtf lol you bump up a old thread just to say that

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowpad View Post
    You might want to log in to your GV account and disable sms forwarding.......just to make sure it doesn't count toward your plan.
    Yes I have done that already but thanks for the advice.

I was just wondering if there was a way to get around sms text messages from counting towards my AT&T plan from my iPhone. I doubt it but some of you guys are very creative out there...

That's a great idea! Thanks.
    Last edited by rberube; 11-09-2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Disabling sms forwarding to phone numbers and enabling sms forwarding to email (push gmail) let's me entirely bypass using text messages.

Pros:
    - UNLIMITED MESSAGING

Con (more UI than actual con)
    - No MMS (Google's working on it)
    - Have to use email app so the messaging app is useless.

To add fuel to the fire, Android phones can integrate GV into most of their functions without having to root/jailbreak.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a question, when I try to make a phone call with GV, it will ring my phone and I have to answer it first before it connect to the person I call. Anyway can disable that?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Looking to trade a Google Wave invite for a Google Voice invite
    I have a lot of Google Wave invites left and I don't really feel like waiting til Google gets around and sends me the invite for Google Voice. So, does anyone have an invite for Google Voice that they want to trade for a Google Wave invite? Let me know ASAP, I'm looking forward to trying GV.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goofychineseboi View Post
    I have a question, when I try to make a phone call with GV, it will ring my phone and I have to answer it first before it connect to the person I call. Anyway can disable that?
    somebody??

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

When will they have push available on this?