+ Reply
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: YourTube - Download YouTube Videos FROM YouTube.app

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
This looks great, my only wish would have the videos show up in the VIDEO's section of the iPod player. If you could do that this thing would rock (then
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This looks great, my only wish would have the videos show up in the VIDEO's section of the iPod player.

If you could do that this thing would rock (then I could download Music Videos from YouTube and have them Shuffle Play on the iPod.

Thanks
    nice apps thanks for info

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

im pretty sure my idea was flawless if it was possible to make a unique key generator for a cydia app.
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

Green Apple
    Thanks

I really feel like the whole point of Cydia/jailbreaking is to make the iPhone somewhat "open-source" and that everything should be free. If the devs want money, then they should make an app for the AppStore, just like I did. The paid stuff should stay there.

Yes, I know it must've taken a lot of work, but i believe xGPS probably took more, and that one is free.

Just my thoughts.
    "99 luft balloons"

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Luckily you do not have to buy it if you do not want to

Green Apple
    Thanks

I know, but I just feel unsure about buying unlicensed apps that only work if your iPhone is jailbroken. Appstore apps will always run on your iphone, no matter what (runnning) state (software-wise) its in. When you restore your iPhone, you lose the app you PAID for, unless you re-jailbreak. And if a new iPhone comes out that can't be cracked, then you never get to use the app again, even though you paid for it.

I dunno tho.
    "99 luft balloons"

Thanks

^ There is no doubt however I think I can roll the dice on $2

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

I must admit this is pretty nifty, but I think I would rather just download the videos and sync them to the iPhone via iTunes. Plus that wouldn't cost any money. Would be handy if I ever found myself in the situation that I needed to download on the go directly to my iphone but... that has not yet happened and I really doubt that it ever will LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mad102190 View Post
    I really feel like the whole point of Cydia/jailbreaking is to make the iPhone somewhat "open-source" and that everything should be free. If the devs want money, then they should make an app for the AppStore, just like I did. The paid stuff should stay there.

Yes, I know it must've taken a lot of work, but i believe xGPS probably took more, and that one is free.

Just my thoughts.
    I agree with you, to some extent. Not that I like paying for JB apps, but I bet these devs who want money for their JB apps would have made the app for the appstore if Apple would ever allow it. In other words, you pay for it here because there is no way it could ever even make it to the appstore for you to pay for it there. This is a great example of an app that Apple will most definitely refuse, if not only for the fact that is actually alters their own youtube app.

I would argue that something like 3Gunrestrictor is worth your 2 bucks way more than something like this (at least to me).

Oh, and it is great that crydiastore now takes paypal. Not so great that they charge you extra. Yeah, you don't profit as much with paypal, but I bet way more people have paypal than google payments or whatever the heck else they use. Adding an extra charge for the paypal transaction is just a bad business move in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Luckily you do not have to buy it if you do not want to
    When a person complains about a price, it is never because they feel they are required to pay it. The poster simply felt that stuff like this should be open source/free and decided to let us know. What is the point of such a response?
    Last edited by sziklassy; 07-27-2009 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

mad102190 (07-27-2009)

Thanks

^ Because its annoying to hear you all complain about devs charging for their apps. Would you really rather devs just not develop jailbreak apps? I have no problem paying for apps that I really want. I have purchased at least $20 worth of apps from the cydia store in the past few weeks. Its just not a big deal to me I guess. I don't complain over $2.

Thanks

I doubt if I will ever use this app. But I will buy it, if only to chuck a couple of buck pumkin's way. He deserves it.
    For all of you using mxtube - you wouldn't be if it wasn't for pumpkin, isn't that worth a couple of bucks to you?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Another great thing about the cydia store is that when devs feel like they can make some money developing for the jailbroken scene, they are more likely to build higher quality apps . I use xGPS everyday and would have gladly paid $10 for it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No problem paying for it, would rather the devs can make some money so they continue making apps that make the iPhone even better than it already is...

So when can we expect the app to appear? I want to buy this now!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    nice apps

but, its kinda reinvent the wheel.....

I dont mind spend my 2 buck if this apps able to pay those downloaded video in the ipod dirctly after downloading....
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Jubah
    Jubah Online
    Jubah Muslimah
    Baju Hari Raya
    Baju Muslimah
    Baju Raya 2013
    Baju Kurung
    Baby Clothes

Thanks

Good to have this. Mxtube downloads only from the mobile version of youtube, whereas this is from the real thing, so there's much more video you could download as compared to Mxtube.

Second, it downloads directly into iPod application, right? No more trying to export to PC, import into iTune, and Sync back into iPod. Saves so much effort. I like all my video music to be directly available to iPod, rather than using Mxtube to play it.

Looking forward to the release of this application.

Well done Pumpkin. Bring it on!

fmt
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scottct1 View Post
    This looks great, my only wish would have the videos show up in the VIDEO's section of the iPod player.

If you could do that this thing would rock (then I could download Music Videos from YouTube and have them Shuffle Play on the iPod.
    What a great idea

Thanks

Looks like a great app, too bad Apple didn't build this in. That's why I jailbreak. Will definitely support the dev and buy the app when it comes out.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglesteve View Post
    Second, it downloads directly into iPod application, right?
    NO......
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Jubah
    Jubah Online
    Jubah Muslimah
    Baju Hari Raya
    Baju Muslimah
    Baju Raya 2013
    Baju Kurung
    Baby Clothes

19. The Following User Says Thank You to algojobathosai For This Useful Post:

eaglesteve (07-27-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by algojobathosai View Post
    NO......
    Oh..

Okay, it would be 10000% perfect if the pumpkin lets the user choose where the videos would be kept. For those using video safe, may be it would be nice to get there directly. For some videos, I want it go to iPod application directly.

If this can be done, I'd be a very happy man.

Okay, let's analyse our needs properly here: Downloading directly into our phone rather than using the PC, then transfering it to iPhone is all becuase of ONE SINGLE reason- CONVINIENCE, right?

Is it still convinient if I have to use this tool, but then after that have to upload back to the PC, and transfer it back into video safe (if it is "sensitive videos"), and to iTune (for normal videos)? It is crazy to buy this if it can't offer the convenience. I might as well download using my PC, then trasnfer into Video safe and iTune there. In this way, I save one step by NOT using the YourTube!

So, I will buy this only if it is possible to specify the destination and save me the effort of those laborious steps.
    Last edited by eaglesteve; 07-27-2009 at 05:57 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Oh..

I might as well download using my PC, then trasnfer into Video safe and iTune there. In this way, I save one step by NOT using the YourTube!
    But you can't do that while you are out and about and away from your PC

Has anyone ever managed to inject something directly into the music and video database on the iphone?

Thanks
    If this can be done, I'd be a very happy man.
    I think a lot of us will be happily paying the 2 buck for the briliant dev. But still BRAVO PUMPKIN.....very good job!!

Jubah
    Jubah Online
    Jubah Muslimah
    Baju Hari Raya
    Baju Muslimah
    Baju Raya 2013
    Baju Kurung
    Baby Clothes