Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 295

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: YourTube - Download YouTube Videos FROM YouTube.app

  1. #41
    How is MxTube "extinct?" It still exists, works perfectly, and most importantly, is free!

  2. #42
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,484
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    What part would that be? The charging money part or the having a seperate yet FREE app that does the same thing?

    MxTube > $$$.app

    No matter how "easy" something is, you can never beat FREE when the end results are the same.
    Not true at all... I routinely go out of my way to pay a little extra at places all the time that offer me better service, more ease of use, or an overall better experience. I buy my coffee at Starbucks instead of Circle K cause I like the atmosphere and the chairs. I go to one Thai restaurant over the other much cheaper one because they always know my name and are nicer. I pay 3 cents more per gallon for my gas because one gas station is closer than the cheaper one. I buy Apple instead of Windows because it gets the same job done easier, quicker, and sexier. Same with YourTube over MxTube.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post
    My main point....... I've been jailbreaking since day 1 to "stick it to the man"

    I never thought I'd see the day were I'd have to buy cydia apps
    This kinda line of reasoning is ridiculous.

    I've been jailbreaking since day 1 to "stick it to the man" as well - the man who decided I couldn't have full access to the device I PURCHASED. Meaning if I want to have downloads right from within YouTube.app, well by all means, let me. Or if I want to put new icons on the phone I paid $600 for, and now own... then by all means, let me.

    I do NOT see anywhere in there where "sticking it to the man" means "hey devs, do all your work for free for me, and by the way I need it immediately."

    There is a huge difference between "sticking it to the man" as in being able to completely access your device (you don't see Apple selling me a Mac and telling me I can't install programs I didn't buy from them - why do it on the iPhone?) and "sticking it to the man" as in being a freeloader and expecting everything to be handed to me on a silver platter because I posted a request on a forum.

    I agree if everything was paid, it'd be annoying. But I in no way think any dev should have to release ALL their work for free. Have you EVER paid for any of pumpkin's work with the Dev Team? Come on.
    .


    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

    eleazar123 (07-26-2009), Gustavo Saliola (07-26-2009), Pr0707P3 (07-26-2009)

  4. #43
    Hey nub nubs, it's $2.

    I guess all the children who can't afford that should stick with mxtube and stop complaining. Us grown-ups who realize $2 is nothing will gladly buy this elegant app.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to carlbgc For This Useful Post:

    Pr0707P3 (07-26-2009)

  6. #44
    iPhone? More like MyPhone KingRedmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rochester Hills, MI
    Posts
    173
    Thanks
    32
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by carlbgc View Post
    hey nub nubs, it's $2.

    I guess all the children who can't afford that should stick with mxtube and stop complaining. Us grown-ups who realize $2 is nothing will gladly buy this elegant app.
    ^ +1 :d
    Last edited by KingRedmer; 07-26-2009 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Smiley looks silly with lower case "d" (:d)

  7. #45
    iPhoneaholic soto806's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Amarillo, TX
    Posts
    466
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 78 Times in 61 Posts

    Genuis!
    Currently addicted to Modern Warfare 2! add me on PSN: A_Mexican_guy

  8. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by The Maestro View Post
    Mxtube worked well enough, calling it "extinct" is off and it's free
    Maybe he meant MxTube will not be developed any further....

    I thought it worked quite well..

  9. #47
    Great work Pumpkin, i love the way you integrated it in the youtube app. Thats one icon less on my iphone!!

  10. #48
    @ poetic when I say stock it to the man I obviously do mean to do what I please with my iPhones but now we have to start paying for apps that aren't aproved and are not garunteed for our next update

    paying money for cydia apps that would have otherwise been free without the new charge feature in cydia discust me, throw an ad in there now apps that were free cost money cause there cheap and selfish now, I will easily Donate to them but if you want money then make an app store app and make the illegal unapproved apps free

    I respect the developers hustle as I've been writing codes but come on... Everyones whining these days (including me)
    IPhone 3GS Black 16GB 3.0
    Mac Mini Intel OSX 10.5.7

    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneDummy
    Help!!! My right speaker isn't working!

  11. #49
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,484
    Thanks
    570
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

    Nah, its backwards thinking - the reality is, the advent of a Cydia store means the MAJORITY of the people who gave out free apps before STILL WILL. That's their M.O., and they do stuff in their spare time and share it for free.

    What the Cydia store does is opens a whole new ball game - folks who would previously not have released an app at all simply because they couldn't justify the time put into it can now get a little compensation back. And folks who have been pouring into the community for years now can get a little return, in ADDITION to also having free apps out.

    I have never had a problem tossing a few bucks out to someone who made a sleek solution to a task I wanted done. I mean... come on - its $2. Your lunch TODAY was at least 3 times that. If you had Taco Bell.

    And to top it off - if $2 really chaps your rear enough to blow your mind, there's always less elegant, slightly more complicated solutions for free. For me, $2 ONE TIME is more than worth it purely for the convenience and integration.
    .


    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

    Pr0707P3 (07-26-2009)

  13. #50
    Wow, awesome!! Looking forward to the release!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

  14. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by chronzz View Post
    ill pay for it why use 2 different application when you can have it all in one.
    agreed!

  15. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Nah, its backwards thinking - the reality is, the advent of a Cydia store means the MAJORITY of the people who gave out free apps before STILL WILL. That's their M.O., and they do stuff in their spare time and share it for free.

    What the Cydia store does is opens a whole new ball game - folks who would previously not have released an app at all simply because they couldn't justify the time put into it can now get a little compensation back. And folks who have been pouring into the community for years now can get a little return, in ADDITION to also having free apps out.

    I have never had a problem tossing a few bucks out to someone who made a sleek solution to a task I wanted done. I mean... come on - its $2. Your lunch TODAY was at least 3 times that. If you had Taco Bell.

    And to top it off - if $2 really chaps your rear enough to blow your mind, there's always less elegant, slightly more complicated solutions for free. For me, $2 ONE TIME is more than worth it purely for the convenience and integration.
    Let's agree to disagree bro, I actually like this app I'm just saying in general I don't like the cydia store concept, non the less apple might say no to some of my apps and I might have to result to cydia store (prolly not) but yea not gonna argue when we all just try and make our iPhones better
    IPhone 3GS Black 16GB 3.0
    Mac Mini Intel OSX 10.5.7

    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneDummy
    Help!!! My right speaker isn't working!

  16. #53
    Totaly agree. Great implementation. Cheap (More than fair) price. Lets grow up, everybody's hard work deserves be paid, and Cydia is the (evolved) place to acomplish that. Welcome to the future.

  17. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by carlbgc View Post
    hey nub nubs, it's $2.

    I guess all the children who can't afford that should stick with mxtube and stop complaining. Us grown-ups who realize $2 is nothing will gladly buy this elegant app.
    +2 >d

    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Nah, its backwards thinking - the reality is, the advent of a Cydia store means the MAJORITY of the people who gave out free apps before STILL WILL. That's their M.O., and they do stuff in their spare time and share it for free.

    What the Cydia store does is opens a whole new ball game - folks who would previously not have released an app at all simply because they couldn't justify the time put into it can now get a little compensation back. And folks who have been pouring into the community for years now can get a little return, in ADDITION to also having free apps out.

    I have never had a problem tossing a few bucks out to someone who made a sleek solution to a task I wanted done. I mean... come on - its $2. Your lunch TODAY was at least 3 times that. If you had Taco Bell.

    And to top it off - if $2 really chaps your rear enough to blow your mind, there's always less elegant, slightly more complicated solutions for free. For me, $2 ONE TIME is more than worth it purely for the convenience and integration.
    TOTALLY AGREE, I know my lunch today was around $9, soo practically 5x that amount. Its the same with anything that gets done. I am sure anyone who is complaining, would be the ones if they made something of serious value, be it a computer program, or actually something in real life. You would want someone to pay you to use it. Like video game designers, or car makers, or computer makers, or anything that is in any store around the world. I will gladly pay the $2 to pumpkin, for this amazing mod . I am trying to learn code but not doing to well...=\ If you want it for free, make it yourself. >D +10 to everyone who is supporting pumpkin and YourTube!
    Last edited by Pr0707P3; 07-26-2009 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  18. #55
    I'm gonna wait for the xsellize version of this app to come out. I mean it sounds awesome I just don't wanna pay for anything in cydia... MxTube is fine with me for now.

    It would be nice to not have the MxTube App icon on my homescreen anymore though...
    Last edited by Halo2kid49; 07-26-2009 at 09:20 PM.

  19. #56
    Livin the iPhone Life pacmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,057
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 34 Times in 33 Posts

    awsome! its better to have this in the app so we wont be switching back and forth in apps
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

  20. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    Not true at all... I routinely go out of my way to pay a little extra at places all the time that offer me better service, more ease of use, or an overall better experience. I buy my coffee at Starbucks instead of Circle K cause I like the atmosphere and the chairs. I go to one Thai restaurant over the other much cheaper one because they always know my name and are nicer. I pay 3 cents more per gallon for my gas because one gas station is closer than the cheaper one. I buy Apple instead of Windows because it gets the same job done easier, quicker, and sexier. Same with YourTube over MxTube.

    This kinda line of reasoning is ridiculous.

    I do NOT see anywhere in there where "sticking it to the man" means "hey devs, do all your work for free for me, and by the way I need it immediately."
    Well said Poetic, thank you!

  21. #58
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,477
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Halo2kid49 View Post
    I'm gonna wait for the xsellize version of this app to come out. I mean it sounds awesome I just don't wanna pay for anything in cydia... MxTube is fine with me for now.

    It would be nice to not have the MxTube App icon on my homescreen anymore though...


    ^ Wow. That is a nice dbag attitude. Pay for it if you want it
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 07-26-2009 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  22. #59
    i just wanna know if i buy something from the cydia store and then lets say i have to restore my phone, do i have to buy it again?

  23. #60
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,477
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    ^ No, its tied your email address

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •