Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
08-22-2009, 06:13 PM #241
wow amazing app. Congratulations.
08-22-2009, 11:43 PM #242
09-03-2009, 03:40 AM #243
I have been using YouRTube for quite a while now, and am generally pleased with it.
However, I have a couple of problems and to get help on.
1) Whenever I download, I noticed that I need to keep the downloading status bar in view. If I don't (let's say I start the download and move away to play already downloaded file), then the downloading will not be successful. Specifically, it will come to 100% complete status but get stuck there without finishing for some reason. The only way to get out is to cancel it and redo the download. I had earlier posted this problem and someone suggested that I reinstall YouRTube, which I did. I even restore my phone before doing that, but the same problem persists.
Anyone knows of a way to address this problem? I find myself wasting lots of my download quota because of this problem.
2) I'm trying to copy the downloaded file from the device to PC using DISKAID. However, unlike the other files, Diskaid is unable to copy any of the files."Cannot copy file: Cannot read from source disk or file" is the message I keep getting. I also get a "Cannot open destination file.... Close any other applicaiton on hyour PC that may be locking this file." error. Anybody knows what is the problem here?
Alternatively, how do we back up all the yourtube download files? I hate to have to redownload all these videos after each device restore. I have no problem doing the copy in Mxtube, but just can't seem to do the same with YouRTube.
Thanks for any assistance.
Last edited by eaglesteve; 09-03-2009 at 03:57 AM.
09-10-2009, 04:39 AM #244
Now that we're all preparing to upgrade to OS3.1, I really need to be able to copy video downloaded by YouRTube to the PC. Is this possible at all?
10-04-2009, 05:14 AM #245
i have a question i have bought this application yourtube and installed it but now i am having this problem that i have no idea how can i download the videos.
If i open the youtube app on my iPhone there is a option download but there is nothing in there because i dont know how can i download the video
Can someone please help me
10-04-2009, 05:48 AM #246
Click on the blue arrow to the right of the clip - that takes you to the second screen.
To the right of the clip name is a download icon.He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
10-05-2009, 05:02 AM #247
10-05-2009, 05:53 AM #248
Try to catch him on twitter. haha.I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
10-19-2009, 04:27 PM #249
10-20-2009, 02:54 AM #250
Didn't really read through the whole thread. But does this app lets you stream high quality youtube video as well? That's the reason I like mxtube as well, you can stream actual great quality videos rather then the poor quality the onboard youtube app quality.
10-20-2009, 03:18 AM #251
YourTube allows you to save either high or low quality videos.He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
10-20-2009, 03:30 AM #252
Tired the app, had problems.
1. You need to fix that viewing/downloading bug. It's gets really annoying. I mean just having to sit around waiting for the thing to finish takes time. And I dont have anything else better to do.
2. I really dont see much a different between mxTube and this. Just this is from the official youtube.app, and mxTube is free, and it has its own app...
3. It crashes on me 50% of the time when I try to download a video...gets really annoying every time.
4. $2.00? Seems kinda expensive when mxTube is nearly the same and its free...
5. (Offtopic) Cydia is staring getting out of hand...Cydia is ment to be free (I mean, who would pay $5.00 for a theme, when you could just get something different for free?). Sooner or later 100's of things from Cydia will come with a price tag... making Cydia another App store...And then ANOTHER software will come out..and another...and another (you get the point)
Last edited by Cocacolafire; 10-20-2009 at 03:32 AM.
10-20-2009, 01:49 PM #253
Uh cydia IS an alternative to the app store. It's purpose is not to be free but to provide the users a way to get their hands on the software apple said no to. I would rather pay to use a really great software than not to use it at all.
If you don't want to buy it, fine. Keep using your mxtube (which most of the work that went into that was from pumpkin who created yourtube and he didn't get anything for it).
Tbh I haven't experienced any of the bugs but if you bought it and are experiencing issues feel free to get at him. He responds most, if not all of the time.
He has my $2 and I don't regret it one bit. if anythng it could be a thanks for all the things he's done for the jailbreaking scene alreadyI always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
10-20-2009, 02:00 PM #254
And he introduced angie to a horse that tastes of raisins...He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
10-20-2009, 02:08 PM #255
Haha. And if you stroke it's mane it turns into a plane!
(I'm so ... Out of it... I'm on the Internet on my phone! Can you believe it?)I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something
10-20-2009, 02:13 PM #256
I'm having to use my phone to tether. Nearly reached my 3Gb limit and I'm only half way through the billing month.
Having to seriously curtail my internet use.
10-20-2009, 03:13 PM #257
i found out my i was having some problems-
i installed a setting that caused youtbue and mxtube to malfunction... (weird)
Anyway. I fixed it
10-20-2009, 03:23 PM #258
10-20-2009, 05:51 PM #259
confucious - 3gb total a month? Ouch
quakerroatmeal - I'm pretty sure the regular YouTube app let's you stream hq videos on wifi. And 3g unrestrictor let's you over 3g. Not 100% sure though.
10-21-2009, 12:57 AM #260
It's only because I have been using it for tethering that I have got close.
I am using my 'Three' dongle at the moment but Mrs Confuciousmobil has been using that. Last night tho' it had no reception. Three really are the worst performing carrier in the UK.
Why are you not sure about 3GUnrestrictor? It's what it does.
YourTube is for saving youtube videos on to your phone, 3GUnrestrictor is to allow apps that normally work only on WiFi to work over 3G - and that includes HiDef YouTube (but not, unfortunately BBC iPlayer).