+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple to Dev Applicants - NO MEANS NO

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
i thought the 2.0 fw was released only with the iPhone Developer Program.. if thats right then how did that guy get his hands on the 2.0 fw to jailbreak
    Banned
    Thanks

i thought the 2.0 fw was released only with the iPhone Developer Program..
    if thats right then how did that guy get his hands on the 2.0 fw to jailbreak it?

Thanks

"We will contact you again regarding your enrollment status at the appropriate time."

Well that's a downright lie. Well, I won't give up yet...

Anshu Chimala
    Follow @anshuchimala on Twitter
    Visit http://www.airpoke.com, my latest project for iPhone/iPod touch.

Thanks

Heart of a warrior! ^ I don't see the point of releasing SDK if they are going to snub the developers that have brought us Installer, Summerboard, etc. Waste of money I believe. Before you guys flame Apple, you guys have to accept the fact that they created this magnificent device and without it there would be no "jailbreaking 1.1.4" and so on. You got to give props to them you know? However, this $99 fee is just ludicrous.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Apple already stated they will NOT approve any 3rd party apps to use with hardware through the dock connector so good luck with that....

Quote Originally Posted by TJ-Shocker View Post
    I hope they come around soon. I'm really excited to try out the LocoGPS when they release that as compatible with 2.0. True GPS instead of the wifi/cell based locating.

I just hope Apple sees the light of all of the customers they could get if they added that 1 magic feature.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

well trust issues yes.... didn't bill gates steal from steve at one point lol.....

But he probably only letting top named developers get in cuz he is an ******* like that.....

Green Apple
    Thanks

screw the SDK . . . I'm sticking with Installer 'till the very end

I would much rather that the developers keep $99/$299 in their own pockets and keep accepting donations. Like someone said before, I'll give $$$ to someone deserving and not money-hungry Apple.

Keep up the amazing work, devs. every single code written is appreciated greatly

Thanks

Apple have this dirty habit of spitting in your face and then telling you it's good for you.
    After we look at all of these restrictions Apple have decided to put on their SDK and any apps that spawn from it- is it going to be worth my money?
    I laughed heartily at those people who said they were going to replace the jailbreak with this ****. It is completely stupid to even contemplate doing that.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xIsak07 View Post
    screw the SDK . . . I'm sticking with Installer 'till the very end

I would much rather that the developers keep $99/$299 in their own pockets and keep accepting donations. Like someone said before, I'll give $$$ to someone deserving and not money-hungry Apple.

Keep up the amazing work, devs. every single code written is appreciated greatly

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Apple have this dirty habit of spitting in your face and then telling you it's good for you.
    After we look at all of these restrictions Apple have decided to put on their SDK and any apps that spawn from it- is it going to be worth my money?
    I laughed heartily at those people who said they were going to replace the jailbreak with this ****. It is completely stupid to even contemplate doing that.
    Not trying to bad mouth you guys but Apple is going to do what they want. They don't care about jailbreaking. I think thats obvious as they designed their SDK/Appstore EXACTLY in the image of the Installer/Unofficial SDK. BTW: remember when they designed a revolutionary phone capable of running applications??? I urge you all to think about this fact alone. You will all buy and download apps through AppStore and Installer and the world will grow in harmony... grow up Apple-Haterz... They didn't make you buy one.

oh yeah and the features they blocked from the SDK will be implemented.. BY THEM>>> DUH
    Last edited by dirtyu; 03-14-2008 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MalayZN View Post
    well trust issues yes.... didn't bill gates steal from steve at one point lol.....

But he probably only letting top named developers get in cuz he is an ******* like that.....
    Only after Jobs stole it from Xerox.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Enough is enough!
    Officially the gayest thing i have ever heard! ( no offense to the real gays) lol
    This is what im talking about, how are u gonna promote this new sdk apple announced and then reject all these masterminds, this is more of a reason to give apple a slap in the face and continue with jailbreaking and hacking the iphone....why are we giving in to apple??? im sure its exciting to develop for this big company...but it has already been shown that they dont give a **** about any of us, they just have one thing in mind...MONEY!!! they realized , wow these devs are super smart with all these apps they are developing....soo many people are jailbreaking....lets suck them dry for some more money and charge them for apps! those bastards! i say we stick together and keep donating to all the devs releasing the apps now, and not give in to apple or give them any more of our money.....the money the got for us buying the iphone was enough hahaha

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol guys if anyone wants the sdk just ****** torrent it. its all over teh interwebz, you just gotta look.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dirtyu View Post
    They don't care about jailbreaking.
    Wrong. If they didn't care, they wouldn't void your warranty when they found out that you did.
    Jailbreaking gets no extra revenue for Apple, and like all businesses, revenue is what it's all about

grow up Apple-Haterz... They didn't make you buy one.
    Pfsh. I wasn't getting annoyed the fact wheter I should have bought one or not, I was getting annoyed with the fact that Apple want people to go their way alone, and purchase apps that have will have too many restrictions for them to hit maximum potential and enjoyment.

oh yeah and the features they blocked from the SDK will be implemented.. BY THEM>>> DUH
    Yes, we know that, thank you. That's why we're getting annoyed.
    Last edited by dale1v; 03-15-2008 at 01:15 AM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

the kanye west of programming drunknbass's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shawn o View Post
    Apple already stated they will NOT approve any 3rd party apps to use with hardware through the dock connector so good luck with that....
    not entirely true, what they said was you need to be in the "made for iphone" program to use the dock, locoGPS was already approved to be aded to that program and use apple protocol through the dock conector instead of the serialport hack we have been using in the past.. the issue is apple wont really say how the dock connector will be addressed as far as apple protocol and the sdk. and you cannot just develop a product when theres a 50/50 chance it wont work at all, and to succeed you have to strike 1st, and as you can see this might cause some kind of dilemma.. so partfoundry decided to make a wifi based gps device instead, so if they did get locked out last minute by apple, they could always access the device through a web interface.

i think the wifi unit is a much better idea anyway because having the device plugged into your dock is kind of in convienent. i have been working with partfoundry for the last few months and i personally think id use the wifi more than dock gps.. i prob have only used the gps 1 or 2 times (for fun) just because its kind of a hasstle to plug it into the phone, let it aquire a lock etc etc.. the wifi would alleviate all those issues, also it would work in a car much better since you could throw it up on your dash or in your house by the window

iPhone? More like MyPhone GreggSymington's Avatar
    Thanks

Steve did this "Alpha" realese to create hype, just like when he announced the iPhone 6 months before it would be availble. Aren't you guys used to this by now? I'm sure they will let anyone be a developer after the "Beta" release.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why is it not open to people outside of the USA? That really is an oversight by apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by B1naryBand1t View Post
    SDK what SDK, long live installer !!
    Amen to that brother Installer 4ever!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post

Tons of devs excited about the new SDK are being turned down by Apple. The way the SDK is set up, you cannot publish any apps until you have applied, been accepted, and paid for ($99) the iPhone Developer program.

Over 100,000 people have downloaded the SDK already, and no one has been able to track down someone who has been accepted - although rejection letters are being handed out like free toothbrushes at the dentist. Here's what it looks like:

Looks like they may just not have the ability to grant dev certs yet, and are covering for it? Apple hasn't said anything yet about the situation.

If you've been accepted (as in paid your $99/$299, the whole 9 yards), let us know, as yet no one has been found that has.

TUAW and others
    Quote Originally Posted by boksa02 View Post
    What is the benefit of using apple a-store when you have to pay for stuff? I'll buy girl a drink if I offer her one and not if she asks for one ~. Which means I'll much rather donate to installer devs than buy stuff from apple. We already payed way too much for the iPhone to give them more money. I have iPhone since it came out and I haven't installed one official apple ap. They just can't live with the fact that there are much smarter ppl in the world than the ppl that work for apple. We have army of 13 and 16 year old devs all the way to 60 years old devs. So kind a question to Steve regarding unlock tools on his a-store pretty much came like slap in his face(Rick James biotch LOL )

Keep up with great work we didn't have a-store b4. So why would we need it now???
    how the heck can u have the chane to right now??? i'm totally lost....tell me where i can buy apps...and can u reccomend any SSH into ipod software for windows?????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Stop Trying To Be A Developer!!! Its A Trick!~
    Apple is trying to get a name list together so they have a way to sue people due to copyright infringements and other legalities on the iPhone!~..Think about it! How come so many rejections and all of a sudden this came out of nowhere! its all to get a database of the people who are hacking the iphone and developing for installer and cydia!! My advice don't do it!!!

Thanks

wow...above post is paranoia to the extreme...

you guys should relax...do you not think its more likly that apple dont intend to screw us all, and instead its more likly they've rushed things, got slightly ahead of themselves and are suffering for it.

think about it...SDK reported for release in feb...instead we get it in march, as a beta, with full functionality coming in june. we were given a release date, we got hyped up about it, apple couldnt deliver in time so they've rushed it, and as a result cant keep up with what they've promised just now. I imagine they'll get themselves sorted soon, just requires a little patience

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

gay...
    mod edit, old signature removed