Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lost iPhone Prototype Ends in Suicide

If he "sold" it, for "industrial espionage" entering his family home, and making threats, before an arrest on probable cause, would still be harsh.

However, it is a sad comment that citizens of China feel so much fear.

I have tears for so much fear of officials and reactionary government.

I do hope his family knows that people here have feelings for their loss of their family member.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jetlorider's Avatar
    Thanks

sounds more like a murder case than a suicide case.....why the freak would you kill yourself 3 in the freaken morning....over a lost prototype iphone? common REALLY?

sounds more like whoever wants to keep this secret wanted to eliminate whoever cause this mistake and that Sun guy just happen to be the guy.

"Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely"

My thought and prayers are with his friends and family.

Thats awful, that really makes me think, do i really want to purchase another iPhone, knowing how much is involved in the process just to release a new generation iPhone. Then again we all know how Apple is about profits, and secrets. God Bless the family of this young man.
    A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life~ Charles Darwin

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Technology can be lethal =(

Quote Originally Posted by lisalisa911 View Post
    Thats awful, that really makes me think, do i really want to purchase another iPhone, knowing how much is involved in the process just to release a new generation iPhone. Then again we all know how Apple is about profits, and secrets. God Bless the family of this young man.
    I agree. It is very sad that a person's death has to put things into perspective. I'm sure this company did not want to piss off Apple. So they did everything possible to cover there tracks as quick as possible. It's all about the money. I am sure they did not want this to get out for fear of loosing a multi-million dollar contract with apple. It's just a shame a life had to be lost for this to come out. If this kid did not commit suicide this would have never reached us all and we would not have found out about there business practices and how they treat their employees.

At the end of the day all is left is a grieving family. That's too bad, all over a phone.

delete last reply noob

iPhone? More like MyPhone GHOSTYAIRO's Avatar
    Thanks

This sad story makes me remeber that movie hackers 3, it's really f***g sad that a phone is more important that life itself for that company, it's true they can lost a million account, but how much a person's life worth?
    Which desing is more precious apple's desing or God's desing? Think about it foxconn.
    I don't buy the "suicide" theory, not for a guy like Sun, he was an engeneer for crying out loud, he had to be smart enough to become one, I don't really thing he was so dumb to commite suicide.
    I agree with those who said about buying iPhone after this, it's a shame that the next generation iPhone has the blood of a human being involved.
    power an money are supposed to be our slaves, but for this guys it seems like they are slaves of money.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.
    αGoD HaS THe⌃oF My LiFe aND i DoN'T WaNNa⎋*Ⓘ♡Ⓜⓨⓘⓗⓞⓝⓔ

Jumped...or PUSHED?

iPhone? More like MyPhone GHOSTYAIRO's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cranie View Post
    Jumped...or PUSHED?
    Maybe they use the same method as the iphone PUSH
    αGoD HaS THe⌃oF My LiFe aND i DoN'T WaNNa⎋*Ⓘ♡Ⓜⓨⓘⓗⓞⓝⓔ

its not about the iphone its about money and these guyz are like every government in the whole world taxes killing people more taxes more methodes to take illegal things etc welcome to the real world

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

its Synapse all over again...
    the land of the fallen is filled with the souls of the innocent

This is crazy. It's so sad

: (
    Stock Just Doesn't Cut It

im pretty sure apple told them to take measures like that to find the lost phone. besides it was in another country who would know?

If that can happen, then they must search for Steven Lin before doing anything secret with their employees.
    And... yeah, it's a sad story.

Thanks
    this whole situation is completely ridiculous

if this were a friend or family member of mine there no telling what i would do. everything was to be so secret and whatever and no look what happen to an innocent guy. defiantly a sad thing.
    Last edited by Deljonw; 07-25-2009 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I do not necessarily think that blames lie with Apple or Foxconn. More likey, it could be an over-enthusiatic supervisor of Sun, not having handed the situation sensitively enough, plus Sun's own frame of mind (which he should be personally responsible for) that resulted in this. When things like this happens, the boss of Foxconn is unlikely to be fully aware of what happened until the tragedy has passed.

If I'm the supervisor I would feel guilty for the rest of my life (And I think that's probably the case if we have a chance to find out), althoug I don't think he could be completely made responsible. Like I said, Sun is himself the ultimate master of his own state of mind and life. All of us are.

More on point, who would entrust prototypes to an inexperienced young man?

Security, is for people that know what is required.

not good. still sad
    killall Terminal[]

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678