+ Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lost iPhone Prototype Ends in Suicide

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I know companies are built to make money, but since Apple is so concerned about being "green" they also should be concerned about working with suppliers and companies that uphold
    iPhone? More like MyPhone alpawa's Avatar
    Thanks

I know companies are built to make money, but since Apple is so concerned about being "green" they also should be concerned about working with suppliers and companies that uphold the same labour and human rights standards as US companies do. Not paying attention to this may hinder Apples good rep and recent stock rise. Food for thought.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So, to Apple, this "prototype iPhone" is worth more to them than a life? I know Apple has rediculous, and I mean /REDICULOUS/ product control (as all of us jailbreakers know), but this is wayyyyyyyyy over the line. Sad, over a stupid iPhone. Does it really mean that much to Apple?

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm more then pissed that I saw this, And I don't doubt a thing they said... Even more so.. It pisses me off that we spend so much on these phones, and ipods, and you HEAR **** LIKE THIS! are you kidding? This makes me want to stop using Apple all together if they are going to out source to a company that does this ****.. Or is even a part of, or mentioned.. Will add more later.. people at door... Maybe it's the police looking for my IPhone..

RIP SUN... My thoughts are with you... No matter what the problem was... The company dropped the ball..
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Eh. Who cares? He should have taken out the one of the 16 iphones and recorded video of the fall.

sorry to the fam

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Its not really Apples fault so much, Foxconn are the ones who did all the illegal searching, "torture" and eventually caused his death. Foxconn did it because they wanted to keep up good relations with Apple. Sigh.

I wonder who actually has the iPhone? He should be destroyed, via implosion.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to nikhilr51 For This Useful Post:

Windmeel (07-21-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure it wasn't suicide... It would have cost Foxconn a lot of money and trouble if this didn't happen.

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

I wonder if apple would go as far as to make sure the kid's organs are donated to Steve Jobs.
    #eli7e revived me

9. The Following User Says Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (07-22-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

Watch it be between the couch cushions.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (07-22-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Well, real or fake I'm sure Apple will release a Suicide App to try and remedy any future problems. Anyway...

Seriously though? Jumped out of a window over the loss of an iPhone? I've been to combat twice, wounded once, and lost a number of my friends, and this dope jumps over a friggin phone? I'm with Natural Selection on this one. What an idiot. Stress? That isn't stress. Being shot at and not knowing where the 'rounds are coming from is stress.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ronfin44 For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (07-22-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mista Brothason View Post
    Either they said something to im that would be worse than death or he was just a weak minded individual. Suicide is a cowards way out. Very sad indeed.
    You know, I hear suicide referred to as a cowards way out all the time. But in all seriousness, it takes a lot of balls to actually do it. So many forms of suicide can be so painful. For instance, in school I've learned from my one professor that in 9 cases out of 10 where a person tries to shoot themselves in the mouth up to the brain, they move the gun as pulling the trigger, and shoot themselves in the back of the throat. They then sit there, bleeding out until they finally die. It's way off topic, but I don't think you're a coward to do something as painful as killing yourself. Some people are just in such a bad situation that you really don't have much of a choice. And I don't doubt some corporations take "law" into their own hands.

But yeah, sooo off topic. This story actually made me feel bad. It's a shame it had to come to that. And if it comes to suicide like that, I do believe something is being left untold. You don't just jump for losing something. I feel like he was threatened. And I wouldn't doubt it.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeDude For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (07-22-2009)

Thanks

Look he was probably in some mad stress positions or somthing and couldn't take it or they prob killed him and chucked him out da window. And we know big corps can get away with this shhhh17. Jeeze I'd rather b on the dole (state benefits) than work for these sick devils who should rot in hell. Dam I'm actually angry!!!!!!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to se23 For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (07-22-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mista Brothason's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeeDude View Post
    You know, I hear suicide referred to as a cowards way out all the time. But in all seriousness, it takes a lot of balls to actually do it. So many forms of suicide can be so painful. For instance, in school I've learned from my one professor that in 9 cases out of 10 where a person tries to shoot themselves in the mouth up to the brain, they move the gun as pulling the trigger, and shoot themselves in the back of the throat. They then sit there, bleeding out until they finally die. It's way off topic, but I don't think you're a coward to do something as painful as killing yourself. Some people are just in such a bad situation that you really don't have much of a choice...

Yeah, but he jumped out a window
    64 GB iPhone 4S on 5.1.1 Jailbroken & Unlocked
    64 GB iPad 3 on 5.1.1 Jailbroken

"The Chuck Bass of Theming" k.nitsua's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,214 Times in 2,596 Posts

I'm a counselor at a psychiatric facility and have seen suicide first-hand, unfortunately. It's usually not over the trigger, but over the perception of the trigger - which is totally dependent on the person's state of mind.

I've literally seen someone commit suicide over not getting soda.

In stressful situations, 20% of the stress is caused by the actual stressor... 80% is caused by the perception of the stress.

And to clarify, it's in NO WAY a cowardice act - well, a majority of cases at least.
    #eli7e revived me

20. The Following User Says Thank You to k.nitsua For This Useful Post:

Windmeel (07-21-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ifonemaniac's Avatar
    Thanks

yikes...i guess i shoulda just told him i wanted to borrow it for a little while

well since he's gone i'll just put this prototype up on ebay... stand by for link
    Last edited by ifonemaniac; 07-21-2009 at 07:08 PM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ifonemaniac For This Useful Post:

tattoojack (07-22-2009)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LearningMan View Post
    "DigitalBeat" is the source? Seriously? LOL

Not reported or picked up on by one major mainstream outlet?

OK. Whatever.

Therein lies the beauty of the internet. One is free to write, read, publish and believe anything they choose.

I'm not saying it's not true. I'm simply saying there's not near enough real proof yet to satify my BS detector (which is pretty refined after 45+ years in this industry). If it's good enough for you guys, that's up to you.
    Holy **** how old are you grandpa? You have to be at least 63 if "you've been in the industry for 45+ years".

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

People keep on saying that Apple is the villain...It's their partner company, FoxConn, not them. Apple actually treats their employees like human beings.

Sun was tranporting the iPhones, so I read on MacRumours.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djjessejames's Avatar
    Tha Hills & Valley of the Sticky Icky Icky...ooo wee.
    Thanks

Apple huh? Real sweet company, prob why we all say f**k em and hack/ jailbreak and unlock our phones.

SAD SAD SAD...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    That's madness, that's when u know things r f****d when a phone means more than a persons well being
    I agree... Business or not, the value of humanity should reign as the highest priority~

Thanks

anybody took a video with cycorder??? well i think that he was a coward cause jumping of a building its not BRAVE its brainless !!! If he didnt care about his life he should've try and find the stupid phone instead of just runing away from responsability, well thats why we are ALL different in this world cause if not then there would be NO NEWS !!!! it would be sooo BORING @@!!! so iPhone devs the show must go on.... long live Modmyi and the DEV TEAM !!!

He is probrably using the prototype in hell !!1 that bstrd !!
    Last edited by seven77; 07-21-2009 at 08:18 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i hope the person who jacked it post some pics or this never happened.