Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Your iPhone can Read Barcodes

is this free or not??? the one on appstore is payed and so is one of the cydia ones, theres also cracked versions of both, but is an original free?

It is free....

What would make this a killer app? Use the GPS or for other devices enter zip code, scan a bar code, display relevant items located at stores in your area (within a 15-20 mile radius). If there are no results in the area then display possible coupons for the item scanned at stores in your area.

It is hit or miss on my 3G and most of the results are either no results or from online retailers I've never heard of. I'm not buying my groceries from a bunch of different online sites.

Hopefully the database will improve over time.
    "To unpathed waters, undreamed shores." -- William Shakespeare

Works wonderfully on my 3Gs guess its autofocus. Anyhow one great function I wish the developer could add is maybe a total button for the list of items scanned even if based on the lowest amount helps the shopper to estimate how much the total grocery or whatever bill would be, scan as you pickup the items then hit total! Done!

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

I have had it installed for about a week and it works good. does not catch everything but most things.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

much better then the original redlaser in the appstore, works like a charm on my iphone first gen

iPhone? More like MyPhone marys25's Avatar
    Thanks

this worked great..used it on some of the stuff around the office and was surprised to how fast it works...No more wanderings walmart looking for the price finder!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post
    What would make this a killer app? Use the GPS or for other devices enter zip code, scan a bar code, display relevant items located at stores in your area (within a 15-20 mile radius). If there are no results in the area then display possible coupons for the item scanned at stores in your area.

It is hit or miss on my 3G and most of the results are either no results or from online retailers I've never heard of. I'm not buying my groceries from a bunch of different online sites.

+1 GPS integration would be killer!

This would be even more killer if the app allowed you to submit prices to a shared database for retail stores. For example, I could scan something at one WalMart, tick in the price while a friend across town or in another state does the same for the same item at their Walmart location (or Target, K-Mart, etc) and totally build a national database showing store\item desc\price results (and average cost) to aid the shopper. Man, retail is going to hate this thing. Don't tell Slickdeals or Fatwallet people! LOL
    Last edited by bencjedi; 07-21-2009 at 02:24 PM.

scanned about 20 different products now with no matches. Food, books, etc. Is it because I'm from Canada EH?!

Finally Lol

Just installed, works great.
    Samsung Galaxy SII (i777)
    iPhone 4 16GB

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Works ok but a lot of products are not found unfortunately. A Wii game I tried worked. But when I tried an OTC medication and Ice Cream, nothing available.

This app works way better than any of the other barcode scanners I've tried. Very fast and surprisingly accurate.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Griffin's "Clarifi" iPhone case includes a lens that slides over the iPhone's camera for "macro" (close-up) shots and their website specifically shills a UPC reader app. I'm sure this works better with the Clarifi too.

Quote Originally Posted by southfrisco View Post

Thanks, we're considering GPS integration!

theres somthing like that in the app store.

Is it possible this app is not available on the Canadian app store?

Possible - just get it from Cydia.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlek View Post
    Works ok but a lot of products are not found unfortunately. A Wii game I tried worked. But when I tried an OTC medication and Ice Cream, nothing available.
    It found store brand crackers for me haha I was pretty impressed

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast