+ Reply
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [NEW] 3G Unrestrictor for 3G & 3GS - (Replaces TrickerThreeG & VoIPover3G )

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
In case anyone didn't realise...Unrestrictor has been updated to 1.01 on Cydia to fix appstore and iTunes problems.
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    In case anyone didn't realise...Unrestrictor has been updated to 1.01 on Cydia to fix appstore and iTunes problems.

Thanks

Do u know if this works with BBC iPlayer ..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

2.00 is a steal Done and done.

Thanks

First thing i've ever bought through cydia, Works great, Thank you Crash

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mozzy View Post
    Do u know if this works with BBC iPlayer ..
    No - at least not on 1/0, I haven't tried 1.01 yet.

Is anyone else having problems with this on cydia? I can't see it in the cydia store but found it by searching the BB repo yesterday and I bought it without a problem but when I look today it is still on V1.0 even though 1.01 is out according to reports here and, indeed, at BB blog.

Anyone got any ideas why I can't see it?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

iPlayer on version 1.0.1 does not work even after adding Safari to the list. I'm happy as long as YouTube works at full quality over 3G/GPRS.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Shame - I've just managed to upgrade and was just about to try!
    Like you say, it's worth a couple of bucks for youtube alone
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tower72 View Post
    ill gladly pay $2 for this.I was looking at the pics link and noticed at the bottom,a YouTube video being downloaded on Edge...the interface looks just like MxTube (which does the same thing)
    That is not a screenshot of youtube video being downloaded . . . It's a screenshot of a podcast being downloaded using iTunes Store on the iPhone

Thanks

Why on earth would you want to download it for free?

Thanks

Wow, I can't belive some are whining over 2.00.. For this kind of function, I would gladly pay more.. Just bought it. Think of it, when you got to Starbucks for your Mocha your paying at least 5 bucks... I'm sure you can handle the 2.00 for the great promise this app offers!

Edit: Just tested this app with truphone, I took wifi off (because im always connected at home) and made a call.. And Alas, there was no ' truephone is setting up your anywhere call' screen.. direct dialed like it does normally.. Sweet!

Thanks again for the hard work!
    Last edited by HayWire; 07-19-2009 at 06:49 AM. Reason: Wanted to praise the app maker!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HayWire View Post
    Wow, I can't belive some are whining over 2.00.. For this kind of function, I would gladly pay more.. Just bought it. Think of it, when you got to Starbucks for your Mocha your paying at least 5 bucks... I'm sure you can handle the 2.00 for the great promise this app offers!
    Just pointing out the flaw in their security. They replaced it with a rick rolled video and then deleted it. BUT, hey, guess what, I found it again. Shall I post it?

FYI: I have bought most of the paid apps on cydia.

previously known as iPhoneman2K, iphoneman76 iPhoneMuscle's Avatar
    Thanks

Just purchased the app for 2 bucks....This is a must have have Slingbox users....

Thanks

This is not as great as it may appear.

There are reasons why certain stuff is restricted to Wifi and not EDGE. For example, VOIP will barely work on EDGE. I am really interested in seeing how the sound quality is or even if a call would ever be able to go through.

The youtube quality upgrade is even more ridiculous, and you can discover that on your own as well... just open a youtube vide in an area with wifi, walk out of that area of wifi and let it finish loading with EDGE or 3G. You'll find that the movie seems to take forever to load. That's because it's loading at the higher quality made for wifi service. The cheaper quality (which i not really noticeable frequently because of the iPhone's really small screen) is a great feature that is made to make it practical to watch youtube videos with edge.

You can remove this restriction, but that isn't gonna ever make EDGE work like Wifi.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesChirac View Post

There are reasons why certain stuff is restricted to Wifi and not EDGE. For example, VOIP will barely work on EDGE. I am really interested in seeing how the sound quality is or even if a call would ever be able to go through.

The youtube quality upgrade is even more ridiculous, and you can discover that on your own as well... just open a youtube vide in an area with wifi, walk out of that area of wifi and let it finish loading with EDGE or 3G. You'll find that the movie seems to take forever to load. That's because it's loading at the higher quality made for wifi service. The cheaper quality (which i not really noticeable frequently because of the iPhone's really small screen) is a great feature that is made to make it practical to watch youtube videos with edge.

You can remove this restriction, but that isn't gonna ever make EDGE work like Wifi.
    Consider this.

Consider yourself fortunate if you have 3G. Some of us in some areas that only have an EDGE network. We've learned to live with the performance shortcomings but at least now we don't have to live with the artificial restrictions placed on us primarily by AT&T and secondarily by Apple; likely at the demand of AT&T.

We'll take what we can get.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Doesn't work on 3.1 tho
    Read comments looking for this. Makes me a sad panda. Will buy when I hear it works on 3.1. Thanks SB. Whatever happened with the cables for the team? I donated! :P

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by srchino View Post
    By the way best 2 bucks ever spent...
    A-men.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JacquesChirac View Post

Over 3G youtube videos buffer perfectly fine for me, havent tried EDGE yet. Quality is miles better than the smaller mobile versions.

I can now download apps/podcasts over 10MB.

I travel allot with work and can now wath my slingbox from anywhere in the country. I dont need to look for a flaky wifi hotspot and spend each time

This app is the one app my 3GS was missing. It is now complete.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The restriction was made from At@t. They dont want there server to go overload. But I say we kill the server so they can finally upgrade for more capacity. At@t had no business charging $30 if they have not perfected there data service. That's just my opinion.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,105 Times in 2,700 Posts

Works very well. Money well spent.
    Last edited by metaserph; 07-19-2009 at 09:56 AM. Reason: still learning to type, LOL.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey guys, nice to see that you like it. I am sorry about the AppStore and MobileStore only working on EDGE and not on 3G. It is fixed in 1.0.1 now.

I want to make it work with MLB! I installed MLB At Bat 2009, but I cant figure out where something is restricted. I tried pressing Extras -> MLB.com video and then select some of the videos, but they seem to have the same quality on EDGE and on Wifi.
    Can someone point me into the right direction so I can debug the problem?

Greetings, crash-x

21. The Following User Says Thank You to crashx For This Useful Post:

iainmann (07-19-2009)

+ Reply
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast