+ Reply
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [NEW] 3G Unrestrictor for 3G & 3GS - (Replaces TrickerThreeG & VoIPover3G )

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by confucious So in other words it uses your data instead of Wifi.... I know you understand how the app works... but for the sake of others (read
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    So in other words it uses your data instead of Wifi....
    I know you understand how the app works... but for the sake of others (read newbies) reading this...
    3G Unrestrictor doesn't itself use anything. It allows other apps to access the internet through your data plan, even though they are "restricted" from doing so.

Thanks

3GUnrestrictor uses nothing - but it does mean that apps that otherwise would only use WiFi can (and do) now use data - hence the need for an unlimited data plan.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Agree totally. My point (and I thought I had one! ) is that no one should think that installing and having 3G Unrestrictor on their iPhone is going to use data. It doesn't use data. It just allows other apps to use data, and it only does that if you set up the specific app to do so.

Thanks

This has been a very long convo to come to the conclusion that we are both arguing the same thing
    I think kirkie1's point was that if you do use this you will end up using lots of data because you can! Not because this app in itself uses data.
    Isn't the internet wonderful? It allows you to misunderstand someone and have wonderful conversations when you are both saying the same thing without realising it....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

wise words, oh mr. confucious!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

guys nood need help here.

I recently got my brand new 3.1.2 32G 3GS and jailbroke it with blackra1n with no problem whatsoever. But after I installed 3G unrestricter the phone hang on the itunes screen for the first reboot. My itunes then said the phone is in recovery mode. 3G unrestrictor installed both the app and the mobile substrate for me. Any idea on how I can solve this? Thanks.

Thanks

Had you rebooted before you installed 3G Unrestrictor? The newer 3GS needs to be JB each time you boot.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

highlight (11-15-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

This is for UK users or anyone that can help me, doh!!

I have just got the sky mobile app which is only available through wifi, how do I set it up so that it works through 3g unrestrictor? Because im having trouble using the app when I have 3g coverage, which I thought was the point of this whole app!!

Have sky mobile app makers found a way around blocking 3g unrestrictor? Please help Kind Sirs or lasses!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default no incoming call via 3G.....
    I installed 3G Unrestrictor today and it works great with outgoing Skype calls over 3G. It doesn't work for incoming calls though. Anybody have the same problem? Am I missing something or is this a bug? Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Love it BUT
    i have 3G Unrestictor and love it, BUT i wanna re jailbreak my Phone, will i have to pay again for the app??

Thanks

No

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks
    I just installed 3G Unrestrictor and need some clarification. I know that this application tricks the phone into thinking it is on WiFi - no problem there.

My question is when I turn off my WiFi and attempt to call my home with Skype I get a pop up that tells me I need credits to complete this call. If the iphone is being tricked into thinking it's on Wifi who would I need Skype credits - I thought that was the whole purpose of it.

Can you please clarify this for me or maybe it didn't install properly - really don't know.

I'd really like some help or advise on this issue - does anyone know??

Thanks.
    Last edited by Kally; 05-08-2010 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

+ Reply
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718