Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [NEW] 3G Unrestrictor for 3G & 3GS - (Replaces TrickerThreeG & VoIPover3G )

bought this app last night and it works flawlessly on Skype. Made a call on to a land line without 3G Unrestrictor and Skype prevented me from making the call. Then I bought the app, and BAM....call goes through =) Awesome app and it's only freakin' 2 bucks =)

Talking Worth the money
    works with "net tv" you can now watch live tv anywhere

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wadestock View Post
    now, one time i downloaded that South Park / Family Guy episode watcher on my 3G phone, and was so disappointed in the loading/buffering breaks that i deleted it... even on Wifi, it wasn't that impressive. I could only imagine how terrible slingplayer would be on Edge, and maybe even so on 3G. I bet it plays like FF7 via psx4iphone on a 2G / 3G iphone... choppy and slow.

I could see it being beneficial for Skype though, and for 2 dollars im going to get it anyway... but i wouldnt hold my breath when playing it with slingplayer and other video programs - it may work, but probably not well at all.
    Slingplayer does not 'Buffer'. It plays the stream based on the quality of your connection.

Over anything more than 3-400 kbps download speed the picture is perfect with no 'buffering'
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

This is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Thanks for creating and offering it...it works

Default Short Video on 3g Unrestrictor
    Available on youtube at
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH7D-PsS4a4]YouTube - 3g Unrestrictor for Iphone 3.0 and above[/ame]

Regards,
    Mandeep

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rockchen View Post
    if I have the old 3G that is not jailbroken. Can I still get on cynthia? If so, can I get cynthia without jailbreaking my iphone 3G because I have purchased apps with on Apple App store.
    Cynthia?? You want to get on Cynthia? You don't need to jailbreak your phone to get Cynthia. Try giving her flowers and chocolates then maybe you'll get lucky. Although she may not like geeks

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ lol

Quote Originally Posted by pixelflash View Post
    Cynthia?? You want to get on Cynthia? You don't need to jailbreak your phone to get Cynthia. Try giving her flowers and chocolates then maybe you'll get lucky. Although she may not like geeks
    Cynthia was my ex mother-in-law

How am I supposed to get that thought out of my head now?

Eh?

How?

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I downloaded the update but it still only alows edge for itunes/app store? anybody get it to work under 3g

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

lol @ cynthia. hahaha.I was on a mission reading to figure things out and I read that.. and it made my day hahaha

Thanks
    Thanked 9,887 Times in 6,041 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marko911 View Post
    wow so many haters here serriously well at least i donate something u know there ppl out there who dont donate **** and make money out of other ppls work so u know wat **** this ******** cuz all i did was just write that the program was cracked and its working fine and now look what i get all this fuked up replys .
    Sir, you are first of all an arrogant soul, as posted we do not support warez here on this forum. Many of the Dev's are members here and we support them as we would you if someone was stealing you work. Even if they were not members we would still support them.
    To promote theft by donating to thieves is appalling at best.
    You are a new member here, I suggest you comply with the rules and try to become a valued member of MMi. Nuff said.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

steven. (07-20-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Sir, you are first of all an arrogant soul, as posted we do not support warez here on this forum. Many of the Dev's are members here and we support them as we would you if someone was stealing you work. Even if they were not members we would still support them.
    To promote theft by donating to thieves is appalling at best.
    You are a new member here, I suggest you comply with the rules and try to become a valued member of MMi. Nuff said.
    +10000

well said blkcadi

14. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

steven. (07-20-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

still can't get it to work on app store and actually causes app store to not be able to download at all (even on wifi). i never get the prompt to enter my password when trying to download an app (regardless of size nor edge/3g/wifi). when i exit app store, it seems like the app is going to download, but just sits there at waiting until i respring.

both app store and mobile store are added and i've rebooted several times

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default help
    just bought 3g unrestrictor and worked great for the app store but when i try to use slingplayer it says "invalid ip address, port, or domain name" anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance

Thanks

Open slingplayer on your mac/pc and go to slingbox directory, choose your slingbox then go to edit>configuration>network settings

Try changing your port. I have read somewhere that AT&T block the default slingbox ports.

Suck it up, Sucker

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    I am pretty sure i've had iPlayer working over 3G in the past so i don't think this is the case
    So either there's no solution or there's no problem

Seriously though, the consensus on the Internet is that O2 iPhones can't use iPlayer over 3G -- most of the time. There have been freak occurrences where people have got it to work for like a day but then the block comes back. Also, there was a loophole where if you started streaming on Wi-fi and then turned off the Wi-fi it would continue on 3G, I don't know whether that's been plugged.

iPlayer does apparently work on the Nokia N96 over 3G.

I'll be in the UK in a couple of months with an unlocked 3GS so might try a T-Mobile SIM and see what happens with iPlayer, might be useful information.

iPhone? More like MyPhone duceduc's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone having issue with Skype crashing when placing a call? It seems to run fine & im but crashes when placing a call. Should have left it alone with voipover3g. Now when I reinstall voipover3g, it's crashing on me.

Thanks

My brothers iPhone unlocked with a T-Mobile sim gives the exact same error on the iPlayer as mine with the O2 sim card. This is not a carrier restriction.

And again, im fairly certain i used to be able to watch the iPlayer with no WiFi a while back consistently.

Didn't there used to be a Cydia tweak to present mobile safari to websites as a fully fledged browser? But then the videos would appear in flash right? ......

Suck it up, Sucker

Quote Originally Posted by wadestock View Post
    now, one time i downloaded that South Park / Family Guy episode watcher on my 3G phone, and was so disappointed in the loading/buffering breaks that i deleted it... even on Wifi, it wasn't that impressive. I could only imagine how terrible slingplayer would be on Edge, and maybe even so on 3G. I bet it plays like FF7 via psx4iphone on a 2G / 3G iphone... choppy and slow.

I could see it being beneficial for Skype though, and for 2 dollars im going to get it anyway... but i wouldnt hold my breath when playing it with slingplayer and other video programs - it may work, but probably not well at all.
    This seems a bit pessimistic and your South Park/Family Guy experience might not be indicative -- if it was problematic on Wifi then there was probably an issue with the server. My 3G connection is now 10x faster than my first DSL connection -- then again I remember 300bps. Now I get up to 3000kbps over 3G, which is complete overkill for 480x320 video.

The Wifi restrictions may be partly to guarantee a positive user experience, but I'm inclined to think they're more to protect the mobile carriers from having to provide us with the download quotas we've paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    My brothers iPhone unlocked with a T-Mobile sim gives the exact same error on the iPlayer as mine with the O2 sim card. This is not a carrier restriction.

And again, im fairly certain i used to be able to watch the iPlayer with no WiFi a while back consistently.

Didn't there used to be a Cydia tweak to present mobile safari to websites as a fully fledged browser? But then the videos would appear in flash right? ......
    Well, that's interesting. Maybe it's a restriction that applies to all the UK carriers, based on their IP addresses? All I know is I'm watching University Challenge right now over 3G from Australia via a UK VPN, which makes me think it's IP-based rather than querying the iPhone about whether it's on 3G or WiFi. There could be another explanation, though.

I believe that you were able to user iPlayer without WiFi, it may well be a relatively recent restriction -- previously they may have relied on the fact that EDGE was just too slow. I think that the error message itself is relatively recent; before it just wouldn't play anything.
    Last edited by peterjcat; 07-20-2009 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It would be nice if there was a trial for this so I can test some apps on EDGE. Once I know it works fine then of course I'd be willing to buy it but until then I'll hold off. I know it's only 2 bucks but I'd rather know it works before buying it.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast