Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Purplesn0w RC2 Released

Thanks

^^^+1 lol
    Apples taste good.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    . I think Apple should have made iTunes brick the Pre when connected
    I completely support this idea because when the pre users complain to apple and apple turns around and says "what were you trying to do syncing a non apple product violating your iTunes terms of use EULA?" .....what are the PALM owners going to say?
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

^+1...

so correct me if i'm wrong, but this won't work with the 3g right? i have tmo, but i "activated" my phone with an unactivated att sim after my last jb with redsn0w...just wanted to reconfirm it won't work...

nevermind i figured it out...sorry
    Last edited by lunercrab; 07-17-2009 at 11:42 PM.

I ran purplera1n RC2a and everything seemed to go well. The Freeze icon appeared and I ran it to install Cydia. Once it got to the "Finished!" point, I exited out and rebooted my iPhone 3Gs. But Cydia has never appeared. I have done this 5 times now, and still no Cydia. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    I completely support this idea because when the pre users complain to apple and apple turns around and says "what were you trying to do syncing a non apple product violating your iTunes terms of use EULA?" .....what are the PALM owners going to say?

ROFLAMO hahahahaha

Default Purple Rain Purple Rain..........
    Dude... Geo is my idol.

sry im a newb to this where do i click to dl this?

Quote Originally Posted by cbrracer05 View Post
    There's a red x in the upper right corner of this screen. See it? Click on that. It holds all the secret downloads. Now, it'll close the window, but just hangon while all the juicy secret downloads get downloaded to your 'puter. Takes about 30 minutes so DON'T OPEN ANY WINDOWS for atleast 30 minutes.

Thanks

^ +1

brahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    There's a red x in the upper right corner of this screen. See it? Click on that. It holds all the secret downloads. Now, it'll close the window, but just hangon while all the juicy secret downloads get downloaded to your 'puter. Takes about 30 minutes so DON'T OPEN ANY WINDOWS for atleast 30 minutes.
    thanx for the help **** head now how about someone that doesn't have a head up there *** put in some input.

Thanks

Be sure to have legit activated 3GS
    Disable 3G if you don't have it(like T-Mobile).
    Add apt.geohot.com to Cydia
    Install(or Update) com.geohot.purplesn0w
    Watch for success output in Cydia(actually do this step)
    Wait for signal, and enjoy your unlocked iPhone(no reboot required)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Lmao!! Do exactly what he says!! Worked for me no problem.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Default purplera1n and purplesn0w
    I would just like to let everyone know that I am using both of these with no problems at all. I have a legit activated 3gs that I used for one day on at&t. I have been with tmobile for 5 years, I am grandfathered into the 5.99 plan. Everything works perfect, edge is fast enough for me. Wifi works, no battery issues, no issues at all. Ya, I don't have 3g but I don't need it. I am so impressed with George I sent him 10 bucks. I would send him more if I was a rich man. Thanks George you are a god.

i see its released but wheres the guide??

Ok, I swear, I'm not THAT much of a nood!! Been jailbreaking/unlocking iphones since 1.0.2 or somewhere around then...

Now switching from 3g to 3gs. Purplera1n ...awesome! ...Purplesnow.. I don't know, because I won't have a 3rd party sim to put in till I get to Paris tomorrow morning (in Toronto on Rogers now)... BUT HERE'S WHERE I FEEL LIKE I'M MISSING SOMETHING... OR POSSIBLY AM JUST BEING A DORK

I install purplesn0w from cydia... it seems to do that standard install, then I get the standard 'return to cydia' button at the bottom when it's done (not sure that's exactly what it says but you get the idea).... EXCEPT WHEN I READ THIS LINE IN THE INSTRUCTIONS, I GET THE FEELING I MISSED SOMETHING...

'Watch for success output in Cydia(actually do this step)'

Actually do this step?? I have no idea what I'm watching for or what to 'do'

... and I'm on a plane in three hours

So, and one of you clear me up real quick... you can flame me later

3arl

I've had both and I just installed purplesnow and it works great

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cbrracer05 View Post
    Check.....

....... and Mate.

Although it was a quick giggle, you should give him the correct instructions under your response since it was a reasonably legit question.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

Three cheers for the dev team and geohot! We need them both for progress. Lets hope the pissing contest matures into a useful collaboration some day.

On a side-note, there's rather a lot of bullying going on in this forum. Feels really welcoming, y'know? A bit like high school play ground. Anyway, people, how about some support for each other rather than endless digs and abuse? Most members seem willing to help, but a select few really spoil what is essentially a great site that lots of people rely on for news and advice. I know, I know, it's great fun to abuse people when you've got the protection of anonymity, but it's time to grow up and just play nice. Kay? Kaaaay

[queue smart-*** retort/unnecessary put-downs...]

I have a quick question, please guide me to the right one to use for unlocking. I have a 3GS that was originally activated through AT&T by my sister and she used ultrasn0w to unlock. Now, I want to fully restore the device, because I don't want all her stuff on there. If I restore it, it will bring me to the connect to iTunes screen. Do I go ahead and jailbreak it and then use Purplesn0w 2? I know that it says you have to have an activated iPhone, but does not mean currently activated, or ever activated? thanks

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast