+ Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Purplesn0w RC2 Released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by win1fight2 What an IDIOT! The only low class fool is you. Please go to a corner and play with yourself. Quit posting ignorant rants. If you really
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by win1fight2 View Post
    What an IDIOT! The only low class fool is you. Please go to a corner and play with yourself. Quit posting ignorant rants. If you really want to show support donate to the dev team. Show some class....
    Well if you were smart, you'd know the dev team asks for no donations, and I've already sent them a postcard, per their request. Can't say as much for geopaypalhot. As for ignorant rants, low class fool, etc-last I heard this is a forum where people can post their thoughts and "rants" about topics here. So I won't pander to your suggestions. However I am technically at a corner desk in my office, playing with my computer, so if that gets you off or makes you happy that I am actually doing what you suggested, prior to your asking, great. All I was asking, after my prior "rant", was that someone actually agree that geohot does come across as a douchenhyman on account of his comments. I guess you, amongst others, are the defenders of the universe over here and won't cop to it. So I'll let it go. Be the bigger man as they say. Go team venture.
    Last edited by oliverhart77; 07-16-2009 at 10:19 PM. Reason: some moron above me
    When I try to spell Jedi's on my iPhone, it auto-corrects it to Jesus...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

He's offering a FREE service that benefits YOU. He doesn't need to be nice.

You think the person that serves you your McDonald's or your Starbucks is being nice to you because they like you or something? No, they put up with douchebags like you and put up a fake smile in order to keep their jobs.

I'm sure it's really refreshing to have an opportunity where you don't have to do that.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oliverhart77 View Post
    I'm sorry, but the wiz kid geohot is a douchecox.
    For your sake I hope he does mature, nobody should admire a 19 year old smarmy yutz.
    *sorry for knocking your hero, no hard feelings eh?
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Did you read what I wrote? I have no preference....
    Ok, so we went from "I have no preference", to this...:

Well if you were smart, you'd know the dev team asks for no donations, and I've already sent them a postcard, per their request. Can't say as much for geopaypalhot. As for ignorant rants, low class fool, etc-last I heard this is a forum where people can post their thoughts and "rants" about topics here. So I won't pander to your suggestions. However I am technically at a corner desk in my office, playing with my computer, so if that gets you off or makes you happy that I am actually doing what you suggested, prior to your asking, great. All I was asking, after my prior "rant", was that someone actually agree that geohot does come across as a douchenhyman on account of his comments. I guess you, amongst others, are the defenders of the universe over here and won't cop to it. So I'll let it go. Be the bigger man as they say. Go team venture.
    You do have a "preference". You prefer the Dev Team over geo and everything you've posted is very biased. Your [AIR QUOTES] Intelligent [/] rants are nothing more than ignorant laced attacks at a guy you don't even know, or know why he's said what he did in the past. No, instead you wanna come on here and call him the douche? Holy irony Batman. You're being a penis, and now that everyone's pointing it out you're trying to demean their "smarts" compared to yourself to defend your arrogant rant? You're a ef'ing clown guy. Congrats on giving the forum a refresher course on How to be a Hypocrite. I'll be sure to bookmark this post for future reference.

Please refrain from anymore ignorant attacks on the guy. The community has enough Keyboard Cowboys already. *sigh*

Thanks

Hey @sshole!! You know there's a thread called Purplesn0w vs. Ultrasn0w right around the corner. Why don't you check it out? You can type up you're pathetic rants in there all you want.
    Last edited by A_DuB187; 07-16-2009 at 11:08 PM.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Most definitely the best choice for unlocking
    Not when ultrasn0w has been updated it's not. purplesn0w requires an activated phone, and it still doesn't work on the 3G unlike ultrasn0w.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post

Please refrain from anymore ignorant attacks on the guy. The community has enough Keyboard Cowboys already. *sigh*
    ^^+1
    160GB iPod Classic
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by A_DuB187 View Post
    Hey @sshole!! You know there's a thread called Purplesn0w vs. Redsn0w right around the corner. Why don't you check it out? You can type up you're pathetic rants in there all you want.
    ^+1 http://www.modmyi.com/forums/unlocki...urplesn0w.html
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

my only issue with the whole geohot/dev team debacle, is geo comes off as an arrogant *****, whereas the dev team guys are always funny, witty, and generally seem to CARE. that picture of geohot holding an iPhone on the purplerain site seriously made me want to throw up. I take no sides, they are all great at what they do.

"But I'm happy you guys came around to my way of unlocking :-) And not just one of my ideas. You took them both"

come on. that's douchebaggery at it's worst.

geohot said it himself, a year ago his work was sloppy so he handed the exploits over to the dev team-in other words, he had no outs, the exploits would have been wasted. He gives them to the dev team, they take care of business and work their magic and we got yellowsn0w. Now that geohot has a bit more knowledge under his belt, he wants to take the place he thinks he rightly should have had from the get go. Example-I think of a way to make a product, but need someone with the technological knowhow, I give them the info, they do what I wanted, give me credit, but a year later I want all the glory back because I learned what they knew before. It's hilarious.

Geohot is smart, decent at what he does, but lacks the class the devs have. In my book, he is a joke. ******* clown shoes.
    Says this as he downloads purplera1n/purplesn0w....

Thanks

Who cares if Geohot is arrogant? I can dislike a person's arrogance and other qualities quietly and still respect him for putting out an absolutely free tool that benefits a lot of people. Why people keep having to draw the line and enter into a debate about whether to speak against douchebaggery or appreciate that person's work is beyond me- if its free and intended for you and others to enjoy, just say thanks and stfu. Just me, though.

Thank you Geohot for putting out a great tool.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Most definitely the best choice for unlocking
    Maybe for unlocking a 3GS. ulrasnow also does the 3G which makes it the best choice overall.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MikePA View Post
    Maybe for unlocking a 3GS. ulrasnow also does the 3G which makes it the best choice overall.
    Of course. IF you have a 3G. But that's not what we're discussing is it.
    160GB iPod Classic
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

@overhart77 Good point It's clearly a Marketing and Engineering thing. Absolutely astonishing ideas are developed without the intelligence to bring to market. Geo.. IS smart, but the Dev-Team knows how to make a user-friendly products. Both are extremely important to the success of any idea.

Green Apple
    Thanks

lol I dont get it Geohot's done something great for the iPhone community so why does the iphonedev team have to try compete? Its not like they have something to prove or are they gunna try to do what they did to ziphone? Hmm you could look at this and think this is exactly what apples doing at the moment with the palm pre sync thingy :P Why cant people just work together

anyway just my thoughts :P

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ads1230 View Post
    lol I dont get it Geohot's done something great for the iPhone community so why does the iphonedev team have to try compete? Its not like they have something to prove or are they gunna try to do what they did to ziphone? Hmm you could look at this and think this is exactly what apples doing at the moment with the palm pre sync thingy :P Why cant people just work together

anyway just my thoughts :P
    apple not letting the pre sync makes plenty sense... "iphone killer" that requires an iphone program to sync? i think not, let them stick with windows media player lol

Thanks

I thought this thread was for people to post their experiences with puprplesn0w RC2 but apparently it's just a flame war.

Glad I read through the whole thing.
    Apples taste good.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Tethering
    Thanks for many helpful posts...

I did a jailbreak and unlock with Geohots's software... works great.

BUT, it seems that the tethering that I enabled previously is now gone. Does this have anything to do with the jailbreak/unlock, or with iTunes 8.2.1, or???

When I try to enable tethering, the old tools don't seem to work now. Any suggestions?

TIA.

eeehhh

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Tethering: Try this site www.help.benm.at/tethering.php directly from your iphone to download the correct settings....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    apple not letting the pre sync makes plenty sense... "iphone killer" that requires an iphone program to sync? i think not, let them stick with windows media player lol
    Palm Pre doesn't require iTunes to sync. It can sync with any media sync app out there.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ +1

Syncing with iTunes was just a nice side bonus while it lasted. I think Apple should have made iTunes brick the Pre when connected