+ Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Purplesn0w RC2 Released

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
SORRY EVERYONE I AM JUST A FAKER WHO LIKES TO TALK CRAP. =P lol
    Thanks

Last edited by StealthBravo; 07-16-2009 at 05:53 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

So I have started another thread to discuss the two different unlocks that can be found here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/unlocki...urplesn0w.html
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

^^^ are you trying to encourage uneducated corralling? it will be like bevis and butthead in there

Thanks

LMAO its always a good time!!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Im sorry, but everytime I read one of your posts I ask myself, Does this guy read anything before typing out something? There is a Chronic Dev Team and The Dev Team.....
    Sorry you feel that way. I rarely have time to read an entire thread... busy job. Typically. this is when I prefix the ? the "Dumb question" or something of the like.

Touchy touchy
    Thanks,

Timbo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt Dam0n View Post
    Consumer choice? You do realize we're not paying for all this stuff right?
    You do realize you don't have to pay money to be a consumer, right?
    Think consumer in a little broader sense. It's the idea. Don't nit-pick.

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blineweaver View Post
    You do realize you don't have to pay money to be a consumer, right?
    Think consumer in a little broader sense. It's the idea. Don't nit-pick.
    Pretty sure they get it...

Personally, I usually wait a bit when the new solutions come out. Let them work out all the bugs first.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to luvmytj For This Useful Post:

viperstarpoint9 (07-17-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default @gladesmellzgood : THANKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by gladesmellzgood View Post
    All you have to do is restore the phone through itunes. It will be stock iPhone again and return to AT&T.
    @gladesmellzgood

Thanks! That's good news indeed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by him121213 View Post
    LMFAO - Stealth you crack me up!

Green Apple
    Thanks

my only issue with the whole geohot/dev team debacle, is geo comes off as an arrogant *****, whereas the dev team guys are always funny, witty, and generally seem to CARE. that picture of geohot holding an iPhone on the purplerain site seriously made me want to throw up. I take no sides, they are all great at what they do.

"But I'm happy you guys came around to my way of unlocking :-) And not just one of my ideas. You took them both"

come on. that's douchebaggery at it's worst.

geohot said it himself, a year ago his work was sloppy so he handed the exploits over to the dev team-in other words, he had no outs, the exploits would have been wasted. He gives them to the dev team, they take care of business and work their magic and we got yellowsn0w. Now that geohot has a bit more knowledge under his belt, he wants to take the place he thinks he rightly should have had from the get go. Example-I think of a way to make a product, but need someone with the technological knowhow, I give them the info, they do what I wanted, give me credit, but a year later I want all the glory back because I learned what they knew before. It's hilarious.

Geohot is smart, decent at what he does, but lacks the class the devs have. In my book, he is a joke. ******* clown shoes.
    When I try to spell Jedi's on my iPhone, it auto-corrects it to Jesus...

Thanks

Wow, How do you really feel??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oliverhart77 View Post
    my only issue with the whole geohot/dev team debacle, is geo comes off as an arrogant *****, whereas the dev team guys are always funny, witty, and generally seem to CARE. that picture of geohot holding an iPhone on the purplerain site seriously made me want to throw up. I take no sides, they are all great at what they do.

"But I'm happy you guys came around to my way of unlocking :-) And not just one of my ideas. You took them both"

come on. that's douchebaggery at it's worst.

geohot said it himself, a year ago his work was sloppy so he handed the exploits over to the dev team-in other words, he had no outs, the exploits would have been wasted. He gives them to the dev team, they take care of business and work their magic and we got yellowsn0w. Now that geohot has a bit more knowledge under his belt, he wants to take the place he thinks he rightly should have had from the get go. Example-I think of a way to make a product, but need someone with the technological knowhow, I give them the info, they do what I wanted, give me credit, but a year later I want all the glory back because I learned what they knew before. It's hilarious.

Geohot is smart, decent at what he does, but lacks the class the devs have. In my book, he is a joke. ******* clown shoes.
    Wow, all that to say you prefer ultrasnow? Dude what ever flavor of snow you go with--geo fingerprints are all over that. Show some respect and be grateful we have both.

Thanks

way to go man thx simply amazing

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default hm
    Cool, Not really taking side nore do i understand why they keep going back and fourth about whos better... doesnt really matter where all one community here correct?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by win1fight2 View Post
    Wow, all that to say you prefer ultrasnow? Dude what ever flavor of snow you go with--geo fingerprints are all over that. Show some respect and be grateful we have both.
    Did you read what I wrote? I have no preference. I'm just not a fan of douchy people, no matter what they do or how great they are. He is a GREAT hacker/developer/whatever, I give thanks/credit where thanks/credit are due, but why be such an ******* about it? The dev team members have ALWAYS been class acts about everything.

As for my choice of jailbreak/unlock, it will probably always be dev team all the way. The reason- I have never had a problem with anything they have released. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And will someone please at least agree with the fact that geohot acts like a ****? I mean come on, hate my response all you want, but you all read the same thing I did. Am I right?
    Last edited by oliverhart77; 07-16-2009 at 07:33 PM.

Thanks

And will someone please at least agree with the fact that geohot acts like a ****? I mean come on, hate my response all you want, but you all read the same thing I did. Am I right?
    I don't think you are right, I am sorry. I think he is extremely smart and pushes stuff out as fast as it comes to him. He is young and a highly motivated person who just wants to produce the best, which is a great quality. Unfortunately I think he is misunderstood by most people who do not know who he is and is judged for his actions in response to the Dev Team. It is the people like him who continue to strive to produce some of the greatest things in this world. This kid is elite and as he matures and learns more and more we will see greater and greater results from him. There is no doubt in my mind...
    Last edited by Melech518; 07-16-2009 at 07:44 PM.

Thanks

I tried purplesn0w and didn't work, even after reboot it said invalid sim. Trying on a TMobile sim. Uninstalled, reboot then installed ultrasn0w. It works, even made a few calls, this account doesn't have Internet but my wifi is strong. Posting from my phone.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    I don't think you are right, I am sorry. I think he is extremely smart and pushes stuff out as fast as it comes to him. He is young and a highly motivated person who just wants to produce the best, which is a great quality. Unfortunately I think he is misunderstood by most people who do not know who he is and is judged for his actions in response to the Dev Team. It is the people like him who continue to strive to produce some of the greatest things in this world. This kid is elite and as he matures and learns more and more we will see greater and greater results from him. There is no doubt in my mind...
    AGAIN, nobody bothered reading my post prior to responding

Me- "Geohot is smart, decent at what he does, but lacks the class the devs have"

Me- "He is a GREAT hacker/developer/whatever, I give thanks/credit where thanks/credit are due"

I've never questioned whether he was smart or great. He makes an awesome contribution and has my respect as a dev, but gets nathan when it comes to being a great person. You're mixing it up. Steve Jobs is a GREAT TECHNOLOGY GOD, someone I admire in that right, but is a horrible, ****** human being and makes me sick. I'm sorry, but the wiz kid geohot is a douchecox.

For your sake I hope he does mature, nobody should admire a 19 year old smarmy yutz.

*sorry for knocking your hero, no hard feelings eh?
    Last edited by oliverhart77; 07-16-2009 at 08:44 PM.

Thanks

AGAIN, nobody bothered reading my post prior to responding

Me- "Geohot is smart, decent at what he does, but lacks the class the devs have"

Me- "He is a GREAT hacker/developer/whatever, I give thanks/credit where thanks/credit are due"

I've never questioned whether he was smart or great. He makes an awesome contribution and has my respect as a dev, but gets nathan when it comes to being a great person. You're mixing it up. Steve Jobs is a GREAT TECHNOLOGY GOD, someone I admire in that right, but is a horrible, ****** human being and makes me sick. I'm sorry, but the wiz kid geohot is a douchecox.

For your sake I hope he does mature, nobody should admire a 19 year old smarmy yutz.

*sorry for knocking your hero, no hard feelings eh?
    What an IDIOT! The only low class fool is you. Please go to a corner and play with yourself. Quit posting ignorant rants. If you really want to show support donate to the dev team. Show some class....

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Did you read what I wrote? I have no preference. I'm just not a fan of douchy people,....
    -1 for irony

That's pretty ironic, since your openly taking such an opinionated shot at him without even knowing all the "whys" behind why he says what he does. No one knows what's been said to him in private, and honestly, it's none of our business. It is what it is, but all of this unwaranted shots at the guy when none of us are involved are pathetic. No one likes a "douchy person", or a hypocrite. Practice what ya preach. That's all.