+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone SDK 3.1 Beta 2 Available Now

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I'd say that pretty much sums it up. From the comments I've seen and the look of the beta, this is most likely the gold master of 3.1 - meaning
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

Default iPhone SDK 3.1 Beta 2 Available Now

I'd say that pretty much sums it up. From the comments I've seen and the look of the beta, this is most likely the gold master of 3.1 - meaning you can expect 3.1 to be released pretty shortly.

Among the changes listed are quite a few APIs for customizing video/picture control looks, so expect a ton of nifty looking apps accessing the camera coming out.

The baseband has also been updated in this release to 05.10.01. Read: unlocked folks, or people who want to unlock in the future, don't be upgrading yet.

iPhone Dev Center

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

jasonmoe (07-14-2009), Limegrntaln (07-14-2009), unaslan (07-16-2009)

Thanks

Niiice. I can't wait to see what 3.0 brings in the variety of bug fixes and new tweaks.
    Respect your elders.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

3.1 is on the horizon....

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If this is the gold master we can most likely expect an update in the next week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iPhone? More like MyPhone Crana's Avatar
    Thanks

*awaits new feature list*

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is there a list of what features this might bring to the iPhone users?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I think it's sad that Apple went through five beta versions of 3.0 and less than 30 days later they are going to push an update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I think it's sad that Apple went through five beta versions of 3.0 and less than 30 days later they are going to push an update.
    and its all thanks to the iphone-dev's and geohots

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just upgraded/jailbroke/transferred everything. Wonderful. But hopefully 3.1 plays nice with jailbreak.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 07-14-2009 at 06:54 PM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

the beta the 3.0 to try all the new features, but I think they never expected it was gonna be "cracked" so quick by Geo and Dev, so they are forced to release a new firmware

iPhone? More like MyPhone rugbrn's Avatar
    Thanks

you know, its nice knowing this thread won't get hijacked with: "This update better bring mms, copy & paste, video, and a landscape keyboard"

haha

iPhone? More like MyPhone zwaldowski's Avatar
    Thanks

video
    Speak for yourself.

KelvinalF
    MMS to be finalized at the end/ beginning of the month

iPhone? More like MyPhone Crana's Avatar
    Thanks

Apparently dev's can now debug over a Wi-Fi connection

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I agree totally on this one! Apple get your SH$T fixed and put all the stuff in that you should have in the 3.0 release and stop doing constant updates. 3.1, 3.2, 3.3.... this bit about you trying to 'one-up' the jailbreakers is BS. Come on.. Are too many people at Apple taking vacation time that you can't get all the work done in time for a real release? Need extra employees to get this SH$T done in a more timely manner? If I was your boss I'd beat the living SH%T out of you and cancel all vacations prior to a major 3.0 release to make sure all the crap is in there rather than releasing 3.1 30 days later and looking like a incompetent team. And I know you're reading this Apple guys. You scour this board daily so listen up! haha Apple needs to focus on the consumers in that regard rather than keep playing this BULLSH&T cat and mouse game with jailbreak devs trying to 'one-up' them by releasing 3.x updates within weeks of a major 3.0 release. Get your SH&T together already!

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive learned my lesson ... I will stay away for a bit!
    Thanks,

Timbo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Crana View Post
    *awaits new feature list*
    Here's a few

Home Screen
    The jigglies — what Dieter lovingly calls the little dance icons do when you hold them down long enough to make them moveable and rearrangeable — now make the iPhone vibrate once to further indicate the change of state. Whether or not this will somehow factor in to the iPhone 3GS accessibility features is uncertain.

Voice Control
    Voice Control, after holding down the Home button for several seconds, let you speak simple commands to place calls and control music. In iPhone 3.1, it will also work over Bluetooth.
    The exact process isn’t clear yet, but it’s hard to imagine anything other than holding down the call button on a Bluetooth headset function similarly to how the Home button currently works.

After being present in iPhone 3.0 Beta 1 through Beta 4, before being stripped out in Beta 5, AT&T users will again find MMS functionality restored to the interface. However, it’s not functional without hacking the carrier file, and it’s unknown if it will survive until release or be stripped out again if AT&T still isn’t ready for the feature to go live.

Calendar
    Calendar gets a minor tweak in iPhone 3.1. Now event alerts also display the location of the event in the popup. Presumably, this is now considered important glance-able information.

Photos
    Video trimming is now non-destructive. Previously, if you trimmed a video, it was automatically saved over the original, meaning you could never undo or go back to the full clip. Now, a Save As… dialog gives you the option of preserving the original and creating as many version copies as you want (an short clip to email, a longer one to share to YouTube, and the full clip to sync and bring into iMovie, for example).

Phone
    Copy and Paste comes to the Phone Keypad. Just tap and hold and the input area will change from dark blue to light blue, and the Copy Paste menu will pop up.
    Reportedly, the iPhone Paste feature is “smart” enough to change alphanumeric phone numbers to pure numbers (i.e. 1-800-FLOWERS to 1-800-356-9377).

Source: iPhone 3.1 Beta Walkthrough | The iPhone Blog
    iPhone 4 | iMac 24" | MacBook Pro 15" | ATV | iPod Classic | Time Capsule | iPad 16 Gb |

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nickh For This Useful Post:

Crana (07-15-2009), jerrykid323 (07-14-2009), NArush (07-14-2009), zoolander369 (07-15-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Any kind developer want to PM me a link to the 1st gen iPod touch Firmware? My developer buddy's out of town until next Wednesday, when I happen to be leaving for Minneapolis. My UDID's already registered, just need the link to the next beta so I don't get a PSOD.

Please don't ban me mods

iPhone? More like MyPhone MJedi's Avatar
    Thanks

Unfortunately, the new firmware will break the tethering feature in 3.0:

IPCC tethering trick no longer works in iPhone OS 3.1 beta 2

So, guess I should be looking at getting that MyWi app if I decide to upgrade to 3.1.

Green Apple
    Thanks

will they ever update the modem firmware for us 2g iphone owners. my reception is still **** and I live ABOVE and att store!