Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone SDK 3.1 Beta 2 Available Now

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

You need to live above the cell tower, not the store...

Some people on the net are just never satisfied... when apple takes a while to release updates people complain, when they release updates too quick people complain... i for one am glad that 30 days after 3.0 apple is releasing 3.1 if there are bugs that need to be fixed, then they should fix them right away and send out the update. what do you want them to do, hold out on big fixes so you dont have to update your phone too often??

ive had just aboout EVERY phone out there in the smart phone market. from windows mobile, to the first iphone, to blackberry, Nokia, you name it! you know what is one of the best thing about apple? they release useful and consistent updates!!

look at windows mobile... it takes them for ever to release updates, and thta usually only comes as a new OS and is not every year! it took blackberry for EVER to come out with their update that added video to the curve... and even at that is what just little things here or there.

Apple releases a Major OS update to the iphone 2 years in a row now, and little updates and fixes in between, thats awesome! they listen to the consumers MUCH more than ANY smart phone vendor out there!

do they deliver on every little thing we want, no... but they sure have incorporated a lot of the stuff we asked for.

also, do you guys REALLY think someone at apple is sitting there trying to compete with the jailbreak community? like thats really all they care about? are you serious? sure, they probably care about security, and yes, they probably try to make it hard to jailbreak but that is definitely NOT their number 1 focus! Some people on here make it seem like apple is sitting there waiting for someone to jailbreak the phone then fix it and release a new update... you have got to be kidding me!

Apple is all about making money, they do that by delivering mind blowing technology both hardware and software, they are not perfect, but they sure as hell have gotten better since iphone 1.0, making money and gaining market share is their number 1 focus .

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RessayFlex View Post
    Some people on the net are just never satisfied...
    I completely and 100% agree with every single thing you just said. ive been behind this thinking every since I switched from my blackjack to the first generation iphone.
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

No offense but is that a five year old smoking as your avatar lol?

@RessayFlex, They may not have someone "sitting there trying to compete with the jailbreak community" 24/7, But they ARE trying to make it harder to jailbreak and unlock. They do not want this at all! It takes away revenue from the app store and according to them it is "against the law". If you actually think that apple does not care about Jailbreaking and Unlocking then I have to say you are wrong my friend
    Last edited by Melech518; 07-14-2009 at 11:04 PM.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

honeybrain (07-17-2009), ltoms76 (07-14-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rugbrn View Post
    you know, its nice knowing this thread won't get hijacked with: "This update better bring mms, copy & paste, video, and a landscape keyboard"

haha
    It ain't happened 'till it's happened.

"This update better bring MMS to the iPhone"
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

yeah they are rolling fast with this one...
    Lime

White iPhone 3G[S] 32GB

Rig Specs:
    Coolermaster Spartan Case
    Asus P6T Deluxe
    Core i7 920 @ 3.8 Ghz
    Batch 3839A586
    6 gigs OCZ Platinum 7-7-7-20 1600 @1.65
    EVGA GTX 285 (702/1323/1584)
    LG DVD/RW
    Logitech G15 Keyboard & G9 Laser Mouse
    500GB Western Digital Caviar Black
    Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme (lapped) Dual TR 1600 Fans
    Thermaltake Toughpower 750 Modular

will this update fix battery & wifi issues?? thats most important.

Quote Originally Posted by baadshah12 View Post
    will this update fix battery & wifi issues?? thats most important.
    agreed, my wi-fi now cuts out in the garden when it didn't on the old firmware... cuts out on my girls 3g and my 3gs...

Quote Originally Posted by L0giX View Post
    agreed, my wi-fi now cuts out in the garden when it didn't on the old firmware... cuts out on my girls 3g and my 3gs...
    so does it mean that 3.1 makes wifi even worse?

Quote Originally Posted by brianturney View Post
    I agree totally on this one! Apple get your SH fixed and put all the stuff in that you should have in the 3.0 release and stop doing constant updates. 3.1, 3.2, 3.3.... this bit about you trying to 'one-up' the jailbreakers is BS. Come on.. Are too many people at Apple taking vacation time that you can't get all the work done in time for a real release? Need extra employees to get this SH done in a more timely manner? If I was your boss I'd beat the living SH%T out of you and cancel all vacations prior to a major 3.0 release to make sure all the crap is in there rather than releasing 3.1 30 days later and looking like a incompetent team. And I know you're reading this Apple guys. You scour this board daily so listen up! haha Apple needs to focus on the consumers in that regard rather than keep playing this BULLSH&T cat and mouse game with jailbreak devs trying to 'one-up' them by releasing 3.x updates within weeks of a major 3.0 release. Get your SH&T together already!
    Tellem off man.

iPhone? More like MyPhone alpawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adamnur View Post
    I just upgraded/jailbroke/transferred everything. Wonderful. But hopefully 3.1 plays nice with jailbreak.
    Don't be counting on it dude... Any baseband upgrade will change the rules of the game. The Dev Team has their work set out for them, but as always they'll prevail!

I've read elsewhere that the 3.1 will change up how tethering works, and force people to use PDAnet again. Not cool.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmbsituation View Post
    I've read elsewhere that the 3.1 will change up how tethering works, and force people to use PDAnet again. Not cool.
    Oh sh!t I didn't even think of that. Isn't MyWi just an extension of 3.0's tethering? So wouldn't MyWi stop working after 3.1? I hope not, because I just bought it. I also bought PdaNet for $30 on my old 3G a month before 3.0 came out with free tethering and now I can't use it on my 3GS. I'm really getting screwed here. I'm paying more for free tethering than I would be doing it the legit way!
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    Oh sh!t I didn't even think of that. Isn't MyWi just an extension of 3.0's tethering? So wouldn't MyWi stop working after 3.1? I hope not, because I just bought it. I also bought PdaNet for $30 on my old 3G a month before 3.0 came out with free tethering and now I can't use it on my 3GS. I'm really getting screwed here. I'm paying more for free tethering than I would be doing it the legit way!
    thats what i was thinking too. im not going to buy any more apps until we know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by adamnur View Post
    I just upgraded/jailbroke/transferred everything. Wonderful. But hopefully 3.1 plays nice with jailbreak.
    so u can jailbreak? how?

Hmmm....

Not sure if I'll participate in this update.

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

Haha. Where's mms? I'm joking. Maybe all these small rev's are to keep the jailbreakers on the grind. It seems it's only 1 or 2 minor fixes each time. Then every once in a blue moon a new feature evolves.

Well since the 3.1 Beta 2 is killing the tethering, that may mean that they are locking that out, in preparation to start charging for tethering. Which hopefully means MMS will be included. Does anyone know if MMS camera button is still there? I heard a rumor of $50 a month which ended up being false as stated by AT&T, I also heard $15 a month, which is a little more manageable. I dont need it per se. But there has been a few times where I have had to use it. Well see what it brings to the plate. They are talking about some of the 7.2 HSPA being available in more markets also. Even though the older 3Gers arent going to be able to take advantage of the new network speed increase.
    Lime

White iPhone 3G[S] 32GB

Rig Specs:
    Coolermaster Spartan Case
    Asus P6T Deluxe
    Core i7 920 @ 3.8 Ghz
    Batch 3839A586
    6 gigs OCZ Platinum 7-7-7-20 1600 @1.65
    EVGA GTX 285 (702/1323/1584)
    LG DVD/RW
    Logitech G15 Keyboard & G9 Laser Mouse
    500GB Western Digital Caviar Black
    Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme (lapped) Dual TR 1600 Fans
    Thermaltake Toughpower 750 Modular

do americans still not have tethering and mms?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast