+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: geohot makes it sn0w now! New soft unlock for the iPhone 3GS!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
any improvements on the RC2 build?
    Thanks

any improvements on the RC2 build?

Thanks

I personally didn't have any problems with the first version. I'm also on TMo with a 16gb ra1ned 3GS so I've had 3g disabled from day one. Wifi has worked for me with both versions of purplesn0w as well as ultrasn0w although on the latter I had to use the airplane mode toggle before and after restarts.

This latest version installed perfectly, all I did was uninstall ultra (I reinstalled it after testing the original purplesn0w) then restarted. No signal bars at all upon restart of course. Then installed RC2 and within several seconds the phone said "searching" then full bars. No restart at all. I have tested voice, SMS, mms, EDGE, and wifi with perfect results.
    Last edited by Kruejl; 07-15-2009 at 10:41 PM.
    Apples taste good.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by melech518 View Post
    you actually should be sorry. If it wasnt for geohot, you would never have been able to unlock or jailbreak your phone today! It was geo who found the exploits, it was geo who handed his finds over to the dev team. If you lack the knowledge on the subject then it is best to keep your mouth shut about it.
    AGREED!!! And for the record he was the only one willing to release anything for the 3Gs, unlike the other group that wanted to wait for 3.1os. Thanks for everything GEOHOT!!!
    Last edited by johnnywhojr; 07-16-2009 at 07:18 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

RC2 is a big improvement!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can some one please help me I unlocked using geo tools and before unlocking I jail breaked. I must say it was a simple task, great work geo. However I am not getting Gprs or edge on the apple iphone 3g s where as when i put the sim on black berry the service is activated. Any sugesstions.Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shahzadaziz View Post
    can some one please help me I unlocked using geo tools and before unlocking I jail breaked. I must say it was a simple task, great work geo. However I am not getting Gprs or edge on the apple iphone 3g s where as when i put the sim on black berry the service is activated. Any sugesstions.Thanks
    Do you have 3G turned OFF? Do you have epc.tmobile.com (I'm assuming you're on T-Mobile) in your APN?

If you have checked both of those things just uninstall purplesn0w, reboot, and try ultrasn0w. Both methods work basically the same. I'm using ultrasn0w on my 3GS and it works flawlessly.

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456