Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: geohot makes it sn0w now! New soft unlock for the iPhone 3GS!

iPhone? More like MyPhone acaijr73's Avatar
    Thanks

PurpleSn0w killed my wifi aswell as Bluetooth it also slows up your phone its like the processors went into overdrive.... i switched back to UltraSn0w and did a network reset and everything came back up...... For those who got purplesn0w working on there phone congrats for those who couldnt and use utlrasn0w congrats......

Quote Originally Posted by sr71blackbird92 View Post
    Im sorry, but Geohot is so annoying.... the dev team is superior, they actually test and worry about everyone in their releases and wont just throw code out there to the public without any thought to it. Screw geohot, devteam is better. The not accepting donations thing is the prime example too!

Its nice to be able to have options jus think if their was only one unlock and people couldnt get it to work on their phones then everybody would be callin the developer the worst names and sayin they useless..... APPRECIATE what they are doing for you regardless of the outcome... Atleast their taking the time out and trying their best to accomodate every one who wants an unlock........
    1) 16Gig 1ST GEN IPHONES 3.0 Unlkd /PWND/BNeutered

1) 16Gig 3G IPHONE BLK PWND, 3.1.2 F/Unlkd

1) 32Gig 3G(s) IPHONE 3.1.2 F/Unlockd/Blackra1nd

Quote Originally Posted by Dainfamousxeno View Post
    I have the best buy insurance on my iPhone 3GS, if I unlock it
    and my screen cracks and I restore it will my
    insurance be voided?
    If you restore it they won't ever know that you unlocked it. May have a problem with the pre-loaded OS version that comes on your replacement though. You most likely won't be able to unlock it if it's over 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by sr71blackbird92 View Post
    Im sorry, but Geohot is so annoying.... the dev team is superior, they actually test and worry about everyone in their releases and wont just throw code out there to the public without any thought to it. Screw geohot, devteam is better. The not accepting donations thing is the prime example too!
    You're a moron. I wish people like you would just go away. ugh. You have ZERO idea about what you're talking about. Just an opinionated fool that just shoved his foot in his mouth for the whole forum to see.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    You're a moron. I wish people like you would just go away. ugh. You have ZERO idea about what you're talking about. Just an opinionated fool that just shoved his foot in his mouth for the whole forum to see.
    LMAO ^^ +1
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

^+2
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Default GeoHot is the Man!
    GeoHot is the man! The 3GS is working like a charm. Soon I will be taking a trip to South America, so I need this baby unlock.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,209 Times in 6,214 Posts

Play nice please!

lmao

If you have a deactivated AT&T sim it will get you past the the activation screen then you can add ultrasnow believe me it works I I'd it on my 3gs on 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by devro_85 View Post
    If you have a deactivated AT&T sim it will get you past the the activation screen then you can add ultrasnow believe me it works I I'd it on my 3gs on 3.0
    Don't you mean purplesn0w?

Default Purplerain
    If you purple rain the phone then stick AT&T sim card in at the activation screen it will let you get through it then I suggest ultrasnow

When you purple rain the 3gs
    Last edited by devro_85; 07-14-2009 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i just used purplesn0w and everything including wifi works great!
    thanks geohot!!!!

Angry unintelligible responses!
    unfortunately, some people only does is complain and talk; give them a hand to help and they want the whole arm! so abusive! to all you guys who does not have any constructive criticism...keep out!

i uninstalled ulstrasn0w, rebooted the phone then added the purplesn0w source and installed it then rebooted my phone and now it seems to have crashed!

anybody else experience this? it just keeps on rebooting itself. The phone was JB'n w/ purplera1n

I had to uninstall it. after unlocking, if I turn on 3G, I get no signal at all. I have AT&T so I'll wait..

iPhone? More like MyPhone lillstar12's Avatar
    Thanks

Used this and the phone kept freezing for like 10 seconds everytime i used it after it was installed for the day

It does solve the wifi issue and picks up signal quicker

Gone bak to ultrasn0w now though its more reliable in my phone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

love the purplerain but purplesnow does not work for me; internet lost phone not working and cellular data, why?
    somebody help me please, and thank you for the purplerain

Quote Originally Posted by camo2284 View Post
    love the purplerain but purplesnow does not work for me; internet lost phone not working and cellular data, why?
    somebody help me please, and thank you for the purplerain
    Do you have epc.tmobile.com in the APN? Did you turn off 3G in the settings?

At first this was perfect but unfortunately after about 24hrs I lost all signals, cellular and WiFi, as well as it locking up every few seconds and not being able to control it via my head-unit in the car. Tried rebooting the phone but it still happened. Once I uninstalled purplesn0w it worked fine again. I don't need the unlock right now, I just need it for return trips to Blighty, so I'm happy to wait for an update on this.
    3GS JB with purplera1n but previously had ultrasn0w which was uninstalled and rebooted before adding purplesn0w.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WickedEvo124 View Post
    i uninstalled ulstrasn0w, rebooted the phone then added the purplesn0w source and installed it then rebooted my phone and now it seems to have crashed!

anybody else experience this? it just keeps on rebooting itself. The phone was JB'n w/ purplera1n
    Just do a full DFU restore and jailbreak again via purplera1n then get your unlock on with purplesn0w.

It's always best to do a full restore when swaping a program that critical. I know it's time consuming but it can help you avoid alot of compatibility problems.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Thanks

RC2 is now available. I didn't even have to reboot the phone after installing to get signal. Please post your results.

From geohot's blog:

purplesn0w RC2
    * 3G(the network speed) issues fixed...i'm pretty sure
    * Now only patches one file, CommCenter
    * Leaves no traces on your baseband after it runs. Seriously
    * Much more clean and reliable.

Be sure to have legit activated 3GS
    Disable 3G if you don't have it(like T-Mobile).
    Add apt.geohot.com to Cydia
    Install(or Update) com.geohot.purplesn0w
    Watch for success output in Cydia(actually do this step)
    Wait for signal, and enjoy your unlocked iPhone(no reboot required)

Follow @geohot on twitter
    Last edited by Kruejl; 07-15-2009 at 10:30 PM.
    Apples taste good.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast