Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: geohot makes it sn0w now! New soft unlock for the iPhone 3GS!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by franklinromeo View Post
    Man does anyone remember the unlocking process for 1.0.2...typing all that **** in...ibrickr...apptappp...anysim!?? lol its amazing how far they've come
    ^^+1
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

^+2.....the good old days!

Any feedback on whether its better than ultra or not?

regards.

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watzup View Post
    does it work for 3g
    Read the original post and you will be rewarded!
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Will this work with 3G also? Or only 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by mavrik101 View Post
    Will this work with 3G also? Or only 3GS
    REALLY?! Are you being serious right now?? please do a little reading...I will give you a hint, ITS IN THE ORIGINAL POST!

WOW! 2 in a row asking the same thing....
    Last edited by Melech518; 07-14-2009 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sr71blackbird92 View Post
    Im sorry, but Geohot is so annoying.... the dev team is superior, they actually test and worry about everyone in their releases and wont just throw code out there to the public without any thought to it. Screw geohot, devteam is better. The not accepting donations thing is the prime example too!
    What an Idiot!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by franklinromeo View Post
    Man does anyone remember the unlocking process for 1.0.2...typing all that **** in...ibrickr...apptappp...anysim!?? lol its amazing how far they've come
    ^ +3!
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Does this work on 3G?

Just pulling your man jewels!

HAHA

Anyone care to comment this supposed wifi/battery problem? Send me in the right direction if need be...

Conincidently, wifi on my iPhone hasn't worked for a while now... I just thought it was all the times I dropped it.

Mmmmmmmm... Cydia...

EDIT: Purplesn0w does NOT work on iphone 3g, I did not reboot my phone after removing ultrasn0w and installing purplesn0w but since rebooting my phone says "Invalid SIM" and will not connect to the net.

I am running iphone 3g (not 3gs) OS3.0 on T-mobile. I jailbroke the phone using redsn0w and then installed ultrasn0w and the sbsettings ultrasn0w toggle. I had to have ultrasn0w running while downloading purplesn0w otherwise I'd have no edge connection and once ultrasn0w was done downloading I closed out of cydia to the springboard, used sbsettings to disable ultrasnow (lost signal at this point and said "no sim" on the screen. Then I resprung the phone and I had signal back before I could even "slide-to-unlock". I'm truely impressed! I can't speak on the battery or wifi improvements but I figure that since purplesn0w doesn't run as an extra process or daemon that the little bit of cpu power that got freed up will improve the battery a little, but perhaps not enough to be noticable.

So to shorten that: purplesn0w on iphone 3g running 3.0 firmware with T-mobile as my carrier runs like a dream. I never once activated or anything with an AT&T sim.

Enjoy!
    ~*Apollo*~
    Last edited by Apollo_316; 07-14-2009 at 03:45 PM.

Lmao devteam got owned again. At least theyre good at making nice little GUIs.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo_316 View Post
    I am running iphone 3g (not 3gs) OS3.0 on T-mobile. I jailbroke the phone using redsn0w and then installed ultrasn0w and the sbsettings ultrasn0w toggle. I had to have ultrasn0w running while downloading purplesn0w otherwise I'd have no edge connection and once ultrasn0w was done downloading I closed out of cydia to the springboard, used sbsettings to disable ultrasnow (lost signal at this point and said "no sim" on the screen. Then I resprung the phone and I had signal back before I could even "slide-to-unlock". I'm truely impressed! I can't speak on the battery or wifi improvements but I figure that since purplesn0w doesn't run as an extra process or daemon that the little bit of cpu power that got freed up will improve the battery a little, but perhaps not enough to be noticable.

So to shorten that: purplesn0w on iphone 3g running 3.0 firmware with T-mobile as my carrier runs like a dream. I never once activated or anything with an AT&T sim.

Enjoy!
    ~*Apollo*~
    When you rebooted your phone SBSettings probably toggled Ultrasn0w back ON and thats why you have a T-Mobile signal because Purplesn0w doesn't work with the 3G.
    Last edited by Go Gators; 07-14-2009 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo_316 View Post

Enjoy!
    ~*Apollo*~
    The dev team tools (redsn0w and ultrasn0w) work perfect on 3G phones. Geohot has acknowledged this. Purplesn0w isn't meant for 3G phones. Ultrasn0w works perfctly on those.

Yes, I apologize, I posted too soon after installing purplesn0w to test on my iphone 3g 3.0. It does not work on 3g. I had not rebooted my phone after removing ultrasn0w and once I did my phone says invalid sim. I now used a buddy's AT&T sim to get service long enough to uninstall purplesn0w and install ultrasn0w back on. Sorry for the confusion guys! In any case now we know what happens when you put it on a 3g lol!

~*Apollo*~

For those with a 3GS and that have installed purplesn0w....

Let us know if it helps with the wifi problem.

I've solved the battery draining problem by turning off Push and using Fetch instead. Push was a memory drain on both my 2G and 3GS running 3.0. Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I download it and I lost my wifi, my internet data, also my phone is not working and can not connect to the internet, anyway thank you for the purplerain tha really work good

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, now i know this is for the 3Gs.... but the problems that the 3Gs is having, the 3G may also be having... My question, anyone know if this will, or a release of this will work for the 3G.? If its going to improve.. I would like to try.
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 97vrsix View Post
    Ok, now i know this is for the 3Gs.... but the problems that the 3Gs is having, the 3G may also be having... My question, anyone know if this will, or a release of this will work for the 3G.? If its going to improve.. I would like to try.
    No purplesn0w was NOT developed for use on the 3g and does NOT work on it at all.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by 97vrsix View Post
    Oh my hell. PEOPLE!! Ultrasn0w works perfectly on the 3G!

I have the best buy insurance on my iPhone 3GS, if I unlock it
    and my screen cracks and I restore it will my
    insurance be voided?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast