Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked iPhones Bricked by new Updates?

If you hold down the option key on a mac while pressing the Restore option on iTunes, it gives you the option of choosing which firmware file on your computer to use for the restore.

The 1.0.2 firmware is available at:

http://content.info.apple.com/iPhone...8_Restore.ipsw

use Firefox to download it, so that Safari doesn't automatically decompress it. You will need to select the compressed .ipsw file in iTunes to perform the restore.

I tried this with my new iPhone to ensure that I would be able to restore to 1.0.2 even after 1.1.1 is released. I hope this addresses some of the concerns people have expressed in this thread.

iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Thanks

THREAD CLOSED.

Quote Originally Posted by jmordoj View Post
    I have read that usind that method It doesn't say 1.0.2, it is more like 3.14 or something like that, so if you don't see 1.0.2 don't freak
    03.12.06_G Is firmware 1.0.0
    03.14.08_G Is firmware 1.0.1 and 1.02
    04.02.04_G Is firmware 1.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    If you just activated with iNdependence, and didn't do the unlock etc, then you're fine. Update away. You may have to use iNdependence again, but I don't think so - not if you are already activated.
    Interesting....I just looked at my independence menu again and saw that independence says my iphone is NOT activated.....although it clearly is, since I've been using my old AT&T SIM card in it for the last 2 days with no problem....anyone ever seen this this before?

Quote Originally Posted by honeybear View Post
    If you hold down the option key on a mac while pressing the Restore option on iTunes, it gives you the option of choosing which firmware file on your computer to use for the restore.

The 1.0.2 firmware is available at:

http://content.info.apple.com/iPhone...8_Restore.ipsw

use Firefox to download it, so that Safari doesn't automatically decompress it. You will need to select the compressed .ipsw file in iTunes to perform the restore.

I tried this with my new iPhone to ensure that I would be able to restore to 1.0.2 even after 1.1.1 is released. I hope this addresses some of the concerns people have expressed in this thread.
    oops, looks like apple removed it right away or prepating for new update, could you plz upload the file Honey, to another place? id appreciate it, thx !

Never Fear.

ModMyIphone Is here.

There are stored files for firmwares here:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/downloa...do=file&id=479

aNY sim screws the iphone. My friend used the method and it screwd his iphone up.
    Iphone Love... I dreamed of a iphone before it was out..

What happened to your phone?

Can you post your answer:
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...2447#post42447

Cause its kinda off topic.

The only thing I used was Jailbreak and Manzana... changed themes and added ringtones... How likely you guys think that is of bricking the phone? I always though that restoring would set everything back to factory settings... is that not true in my case?

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,805 Times in 1,226 Posts

Yah, thread closed. These are all separate issues, and every question regarding this topic has been answered.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567