+ Reply
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi Released! Turn your iPhone into a Wifi hotspot!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Real_Iphonecrazy What a complete JERK, at least try and understand what the App is about before coming out with such crap. Sorry for the rant people but
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Real_Iphonecrazy View Post
    What a complete JERK, at least try and understand what the App is about before coming out with such crap.

Sorry for the rant people but some folk just really p*** me of.
    hes not exactly trying to be a jerk. if you read it carefully and understand it....hes not flaming on the app itself. hes talking about apple and att (mostly). hes trying to say that the iphone can already handle tethering....and be made as a wifi hotspot without having other devs create a program for it....IF ATT ALLOWS IT AND APPLE ENABLES IT.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

hes not exactly trying to be a jerk. if you read it carefully and understand it....hes not flaming on the app itself. hes talking about apple and att (mostly). hes trying to say that the iphone can already handle tethering....and be made as a wifi hotspot without having other devs create a program for it....IF ATT ALLOWS IT AND APPLE ENABLES IT
    Yeh but if Apple enabled and created everything there would be no app store.

To me it sounded like he thought the app was about tethering when in fact it creates a wifi hotspot that enables many devices (PSP's, PDA's Mobile phones games consoles etc..) not just computers to connect to the internet and it enables you to connect more than one device at a time.

P.S I'll apologies anyway as I was a bit harsh, just having one of them days SORRY

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Real_Iphonecrazy View Post
    What a complete JERK, at least try and understand what the App is about before coming out with such crap.

Sorry for the rant people but some folk just really p*** me of.
    OMG! JailbreaKilla (aka iPhoneKilla) was banned recently. Looks like he made a new account and is at it again. What a loser. He needs to get a life. He loves to get reactions like ours. Strange thing is he is very helpful in the T-Mobile forums. Just dont respond and he will go away. Maybe. Hopefully.
    Last edited by TheOrioles33; 07-08-2009 at 08:51 AM.

Previously known as psuskeels
    Thanks

All: If MyWi disconnects after a minute - please reboot your iPhone. This will fix the issue.
    Send iPhone System Log: Via any Intelliborn App -> Click Help / FAQs/ Support -> Scroll to bottom and click on red text at bottom.
    MyWi 4.0 - WiFi + USB Tethering on 3.x/4.x/5.x + Simple WiFi Router - Connect Laptops, Touches, + more!
    My3G - Facetime over 3G plus HiDef YouTube and more! Trick your iPhone into thinking it's on WiFi
    IntelliScreenX - iOS 5 Notification Center the way Apple wished it was.
    Tlert - View and Reply to SMS message within any app. Get rid of the ugly default alert messages!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

This app is amazing! To have a portable wifi hotspot is sweet. Lets say you have a friend that needs his 3G unlocked and have no internet around... tethering does you no good b/c the locked phone can't access the internet. This gives you that option!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm having some trouble getting this to work. I created the Wifi hotspot, and when I click the drop down menu for airport on my macbook, it shows the iphone hotspot, but it's in a different menu then the other wifi from my house. It lists it under Devices instead. And when I click on it, the airport icon goes from being the normal wifi bars to some solid icon with a little icon inside.

Thanks

Correct me if I am wrong , but if you use this app and tether your computer to download files via 3g, and AT&T can see that you are downloading more than a normal iphone should , would they then start charging you for tethering ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Matt27272 View Post
    I'm having some trouble getting this to work. I created the Wifi hotspot, and when I click the drop down menu for airport on my macbook, it shows the iphone hotspot, but it's in a different menu then the other wifi from my house. It lists it under Devices instead. And when I click on it, the airport icon goes from being the normal wifi bars to some solid icon with a little icon inside.
    just a guess but i think that's because it creates an ad-hoc network (computer to computer) as it's not actually a base station.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Nobody is answering the question about extra charges. This is how it works (on AT&T), it's using your current data plan. You will not receive any extra charges but if you use it a ton, especially if you go over the 3gb cap, AT&T will catch on and you might be in trouble. For light browsing/downloading you'll be fine and not incur any problems/charges.

JTG
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So the desktop software doesn't support the 3gs it seems. Delete.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

LOL! That reminded me of the cybermen from Doctor Who rofl

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jguest View Post
    Nobody is answering the question about extra charges. This is how it works (on AT&T), it's using your current data plan. You will not receive any extra charges but if you use it a ton, especially if you go over the 3gb cap, AT&T will catch on and you might be in trouble. For light browsing/downloading you'll be fine and not incur any problems/charges.
    A tethering plan for the iphone doesn't exist yet so you'll most likely be fine for now. If you use your tether to download gigs of data you'll probably get red flagged. Use common sense and just use it when you have to to surf the web but not do any heavy downloading.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    So the desktop software doesn't support the 3gs it seems. Delete.
    Why bother with the desktop software when you can do everythng from the phone?

JTG
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Why bother with the desktop software when you can do everythng from the phone?
    I have now, but didn't want to clutter my iPhone with a needless app if possible. Once Rockyourphone apps have been installed, can you delete the installer?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Anybody else having issues staying connected? I'm on ATT and not sure if it's something that's happening at their end. I make a connection and get to the internet however I then quickly lose the connection. I have rebooted my phone as was suggested by en earlier post. Thoughts?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

where do i find this at? im pretty sure its in the modmyi repo but i dont see it. what name should i put into the search bar? thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ RockApp

18. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (03-19-2010)

JTG
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dbet21 View Post
    where do i find this at? im pretty sure its in the modmyi repo but i dont see it. what name should i put into the search bar? thanks in advance for your help.
    You need to install RockApp in Cydia and install it from there. Just search rockapp in the search bar.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    A tethering plan for the iphone doesn't exist yet so you'll most likely be fine for now. If you use your tether to download gigs of data you'll probably get red flagged. Use common sense and just use it when you have to to surf the web but not do any heavy downloading.
    +1

21. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (03-19-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dbet21 View Post
    It is on Cydia under RockApp. Then run RockApp and install MyWi