+ Reply
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi Released! Turn your iPhone into a Wifi hotspot!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by mgt does mywi works with 3.1.3 3g jailbroke phone? 100% yes...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mgt View Post
    does mywi works with 3.1.3 3g jailbroke phone?

100% yes...

mgt
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I noticed there are two version one with rock and other without. What is the difference?

Thanks

I guess they should both be the same...personally, I don't use anything from rock (I've only had nightmares with rock), if it's not in cydia, I'll live without it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've been using MyWi for the last 10 days on the free trial for my iPad, and it has been working wonderfully. The speed is very good, and the connection has been reliable. This product is well worth $9.99.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default mywi question
    Does anyone else have a problem with mywi if they set a WEP password???My laptop can pick up and use my iphones 3g perfectly fine with no password but as soon as I turn on a WEP password it connects but the internet does not work.Any solutions would be greatly appreciated,thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

One more question sorry to double post but
    Does anyone know hot to properly uninstall mywi??I uninstalled it in cydia and Restored my iphone but my iphones 3g//wifi still shows up on my laptop and my battery dies super quickly even when mywi is shut off and uninstalled.I have an iphone 3g on 3.1.2 using the cracked version of mywi.Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have 3G iphone JB 3.13 and have no trouble using MyWi..I payed 9.99 and works 100% using Wep key. Restore and pay the 9.99...it's well worth it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So this is a one time fee of $10???

Anyone getting charged additional fees by AT&T though i doubt it's possible for them to find out.....at least from what im aware of.

Basically i just want to know if anyone is getting charged additional fees for this.

Thanks

Would be cool if this could tether to a blackberry and you have the best of both worlds......BBM and iPhone-awesomeness, android is sick too but i only like it for the OS

Default Will I have to pay?
    Can some one answer if I'll have to pay any charges for tethering? I just downloaded Mywi app and connecting my Ipad to internet via my Iphone 3G connection. will AT&T charge for data download etc?

will appreciate reply if anybody knows.

Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nope, we all do it and it is free Do not ask at&t
    You are already paying 30.+ $ for data.

Hope this will help.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys, apologies for de-railing this thread slightly.

I'm running on a a iPhone 3g, jailbroken with MyWi, OS 3.1.3. I can't justify upgrading to iOS4 just yet and paying an extra $10 for something I get right now.

I've found out that I can connect to a free WiFi spot thanks to my network (o2 in UK) near my house, and I was wondering if the following was possible.

Could I connect to the Wifi, then use Mywi to share the network connection with my netbook for free, or will it only work on whatever signal the iPhone is getting at the time?

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was from the first users to buy this application as a supporter , but after the release of the 4.0 application and forcing me to pay another 10$ to upgrade, i said its better to download the cracked version and thats what i did,
    i will never spend anymore one penny on un-honest developer going around in Cydia and Especially ROCK APP.

they are all scammer,

MyWi is useless to buy it, i have 2 iphone and 1 ipad, do i have to pay for three different licenses? as MyWi use Rock and wont let me use it on different devices.

while you buy an application in the apple store and you never pay extra money for the new release, which is not the case in Cydia and Rock where developer never even care to reply on our messages

Quote Originally Posted by ReifesScotland View Post
    Hey guys, apologies for de-railing this thread slightly.

I'm running on a a iPhone 3g, jailbroken with MyWi, OS 3.1.3. I can't justify upgrading to iOS4 just yet and paying an extra $10 for something I get right now.

I've found out that I can connect to a free WiFi spot thanks to my network (o2 in UK) near my house, and I was wondering if the following was possible.

Could I connect to the Wifi, then use Mywi to share the network connection with my netbook for free, or will it only work on whatever signal the iPhone is getting at the time?

Thanks!

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^I too believe the Cydia upgrade/multiple phone/ipad support is broken. I've been lucky (I think) having been cheated with a non-functioning/non-responsive app/dev only once. However, I will continue to support our developers, but only those that prove they produce good products at a reasonable price. (MMI is your friend )

As for MyWi -- I can't help but believe this will soon be extinct. I also believe the original idea was 'borrowed' from Apples own developer code as well as most of the router functionality. Note: This functionality has been public code for 20+ years. Just change the interface and add a fancy front end.

And frankly, if it's my money -- $20 for a new license is too much just like $30 for Apples 25 cent bumpers is totally outrageous! I'll pass.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

After reading through this thread I am still totally confused about a the Rock, No Rock issue. I'm new to jailbreaking and recently cracked my 3G to get MiWi for my IPad. I also have a 3GS but it's a new bootrom and a new IOS4 phone that will may be jailbroken one day as well.

Is Rock the same as Rock Your Phone??

I installed Cydia and Rock (your phone), created a Rock ID, installed MiWi 4.1.3 and have been more than pleased with the result. My trial was about to expire so today I purchased a license (it took half the day to figure out how to pay for it!) Now I see an update on my ROCK icon for an update to 4.2.1.

For god sake, someone please explain this - Is the Rock I had to install to get MiWi the same Rock I should avoid using for MiWi?? In Cydia, I find a MyWi, a MyWi 4 and a MyWi no Rock. Huh?? Do I upgrade? Uninstall and use the No Rock version? You guys don't make it easy to figure out. I did read about some conflict problems with the Rock version but it this still an issue or outdated information?

Thanks for any help you can offer. MyWi is working right now and I don't want to break it by updating anything.

Thanks in advance for untangling this for me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me s1l3nt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KatelynM View Post
    After reading through this thread I am still totally confused about a the Rock, No Rock issue. I'm new to jailbreaking and recently cracked my 3G to get MiWi for my IPad. I also have a 3GS but it's a new bootrom and a new IOS4 phone that will may be jailbroken one day as well.

Is Rock the same as Rock Your Phone??

I installed Cydia and Rock (your phone), created a Rock ID, installed MiWi 4.1.3 and have been more than pleased with the result. My trial was about to expire so today I purchased a license (it took half the day to figure out how to pay for it!) Now I see an update on my ROCK icon for an update to 4.2.1.

For god sake, someone please explain this - Is the Rock I had to install to get MiWi the same Rock I should avoid using for MiWi?? In Cydia, I find a MyWi, a MyWi 4 and a MyWi no Rock. Huh?? Do I upgrade? Uninstall and use the No Rock version? You guys don't make it easy to figure out. I did read about some conflict problems with the Rock version but it this still an issue or outdated information?

Thanks for any help you can offer. MyWi is working right now and I don't want to break it by updating anything.

Thanks in advance for untangling this for me.
    you don't have to worry bout anything you have the latest version of Mywi 4 the other ones (mywi and mywi no rock) are older and since u bought it from the rock app you dont have to avoid it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the immediate reply. Updated to 4.2.1 and all is well.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Can I downgrade to previous version?
    After updating to the newest version (4.2.1) my 3G has become almost unusable. Before the update I had no problem with the phone but now it freezes, movement is very choppy and laggy and I often have reset it using the power and home button when it stops responding completely.

It is possible to downgrade to the previous version? Can I uninstall and reinstall then not run the update or is it too late to get the previous version? Will my license still work?

Rolling it back may not fix the problem but it's worth a try.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    aré mywi works on 4.0 firware

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it is suppose to work with all firm ware, how good?, well
    I have a 3gs 3.1.2 Jb the old app as well as this new one
    DID NOT WORK at all for me buyers beware.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Norbac For This Useful Post:

edgardo_2001 (07-11-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I uninstalled 4.2.1 and reinstalled and it seems to be running a little more smoothly. It doesn't look like I can install a downgraded version without paying for it. Only 4.2.1 is recognized as being licensed. Oh well.

I do notice that once I turn MyWi off my phone wants to go int Edge even when I have wifi or 3G available. I have to turn wifi off and back on to get it out of Edge.

Hopefully, I can JB my 3GS soon (new bootrom). I don't have my old shsh blob saved so I can't jb it yet. The 3GS is much fast and will probably handle MyWi much better.

Quote Originally Posted by KatelynM View Post
    After updating to the newest version (4.2.1) my 3G has become almost unusable. Before the update I had no problem with the phone but now it freezes, movement is very choppy and laggy and I often have reset it using the power and home button when it stops responding completely.

It is possible to downgrade to the previous version? Can I uninstall and reinstall then not run the update or is it too late to get the previous version? Will my license still work?

Rolling it back may not fix the problem but it's worth a try.