+ Reply
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MyWi Released! Turn your iPhone into a Wifi hotspot!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Is anyone that paid fo the app having 1 min disconnects?? The trouble I had on the trial version made me not want to buy the license.
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tellytel's Avatar
    Thanks

Is anyone that paid fo the app having 1 min disconnects?? The trouble I had on the trial version made me not want to buy the license.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Try the trial again if you can. There was an update to fix that

3. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

GellBrake'rrrr (03-19-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Didnt fix mine when trying to us it via wireless, would only work when plugged into the USB

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Try the trial again if you can. There was an update to fix that
    I never installed mine until yesterday. I'm having exactly the same problem as neilvx.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dtasset View Post
    But I am very sure USB-tethering works if you want to get your internet connection from WIFI. Most people will say that defeats the purpose since laptops nowadays all have WIFI built in, but they don't take into account most hotspots are pay-to-use which the iPhone gets around that.
    Yeah I understand the bit about that because laptops and other devices pretty much come standard with wifi but can anybody confirm the bit about using the USB cable and having your iphone connected to a wifi hotspot and sharing it with the laptop? Can anybody confirm that his works?I already have tethering but it would be cool to have free wifi at ATT hotspots if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

this program is nice but button line the way to install this program is the worst, you have to install program on your pc then install another one on your phone then install the wimi.
    rockmyphone is worst application ever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Yes, download the RockApp in Cydia
    You must have either 3G or edge. Preferably 3G
    MyWi does NOT work with the edge network. It is only for 3G & 3GS.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MotherErich View Post
    MyWi does NOT work with the edge network. It is only for 3G & 3GS.
    What? You are comparing apples to oranges

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Has anyone heard from the developers?
    I paid full price for this and have not been able to get it to work since day one.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I think i found a way to edit the code so that it would be possible for the iPhone 2G to atleast wifi tether. But I'm not yet sure.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This works great since the recent updates! I use this so my gf can connect with her iPod Touch when we are out and about, it works well. I also used it the other day when my cable service was out at home. I was surprised to notice that the connection seemed faster on my laptop than it does on the iPhone itself!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    this program is totally awesome. i had a long trip from NJ to Florida. 18 hours.

I shared out my 3g connection to my cousins itouch, iphon without sim, and a laptop. They were all connected IMing, and surfing, while I had Pandora running on the iphone listening to music via the liquidAUX. music sounds crystal clear cause it plays through the digital port, not the headphones. LiquidAUX™ Bluetooth® Car Kit - K33428US - Kensington It worked great. Highly recommend mywifi. Worked flawlessly for entire 18 hour drive.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Wifi or only 3G
    Hi-
    I recently downloaded the app and love it. Quick question - can it use wifi rather than a 3G signal to create the network? For example, if you are in a hotel (internationally, so 3G data charges are not an option) that requires a user name and password for each device to log into the wifi network, can I log in with the iPhone and then broadcast the signal to my laptop? Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't get the wifi tethering to work no matter what I do. I'm probably missing a step so I'm hoping someone can give me the steps to make the wifi tethering work??? The usb works great but I'm wondering the steps or instructions

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    So, can I browse the internet for an hour or so while connected/using my MyWi? How long can I be connected to my MyWi until ATT sees that I am using a lot of my data and charge me a lot of money? Has anyone browse the internet while connected to MyWi for more than an hour? Did you see any charges on your bill?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    about the only thing att will give you grief for, is downloading more than 5 GB of data a month on a consistent basis. you will be hard pressed to use that much up, just browsing the web.

today i was on for hours tethered to my iphone. 5 hours. during this whole time i was browsing, chatting, and my local notes repository kept synching with the server copy every 10 mins. i've never received any type of warning from ATT. now my data card that i lent to a a family member, i got a warning when she downloaded a bunch of music from the internet. at 5GB they simiply shut it off till the next billing period.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Slocko For This Useful Post:

CastorTroy09 (07-23-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thanks Slocko, this really helped me a lot deciding whether I buy this program or not. I appreciate your reply. I will buy this program and try it (:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How will this effect o2 users?
    Will there be a limit to how much you can
    use it a month before o2 get the hump and send us a letter?

Please advise.

Green Apple
    Thanks

How do you register with RockApp guys? I downloaded it and it's asking for a username and password before it will let me download anything.

Cheers

How do you register with RockApp guys? I downloaded it and it's asking for a username and password before it will let me download anything.

Cheers
    Last edited by Emby; 07-23-2009 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    You don't need MyWi to do USB tethering. You could do it with just the tethering hack.
    True, but it has been noted that both MyWi and PDANet are quite a bit faster than the native Tethering option. I have not tested them side by side so cannot say for sure, buy MyWi is pretty darn fast!