+ Reply
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS on 3.0 [redsn0w/windows]

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by TexasJ This s my problem. I'm stuck at this point. How do I change from a .zip to a .ipsw? Any help for a slow learner? Thanks!
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TexasJ View Post
    This s my problem. I'm stuck at this point. How do I change from a .zip to a .ipsw? Any help for a slow learner? Thanks!
    All you have to do is right click on the file and click rename. Make sure you have the option to show file extensions turned on.

IF you still can't figure it out just follow the link I posted and redownload the file.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1tufgt For This Useful Post:

camaro1979 (07-22-2009), TexasJ (07-21-2009)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

This tutorial is useful although I found another method.The method is applied in windows using the same QuickPWN.It is lot less complex and does the work done quite fast.
    mod/edit links removed

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ronblade For This Useful Post:

camaro1979 (07-22-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    OMG i love reading these post in the forum lots of info, lots of people not reading it carefully before attempting task. just be a little patience and read i think most question are being answered throughout the pages....and i do mean PAGES!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PuPpYpWr For This Useful Post:

camaro1979 (07-22-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

worked great for my 3g now im out to get my 3gs jailbroken

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok...
    I have 16GB !phone... - it means 3GS - right?
    so I have redsn0w.08 and my firmware file must be - iPhone1,2_3.0.1_7A400_Restore or iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Custom_Restore?
    and why in both of them it writes me "UNABLE RECOGNIZE SPECIFIED IPSW"...
    I just want Cydia - What shoul I do?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Just because you have a 16gb iPhone doesnt mean it is a 3GS. It could be a 3g just as well. Also, you need to use the 3.0 ipsw in redsn0w to jailbreak 3.0.1
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

Why is god's green earth does Redsn0w get stuck at the waiting for re-boot..? i Go through DFU mode... At 20 seconds the DFU starts... so i don't need to hold it down for 30 seconds... Even though I do.. Well, Ive tried it both way's... Holding 30, and not...SO the mode starts, goes to next screen.... Flashes waiting for re-boot... then the bar moves.. then its get's stuck at waiting for re-boot.

Using a 3G 16Gig... Trying to jailbrake so i can unlock.. Oh yeah... The fool put 3.0.1 on it, and i know thats what is giving me issues.

*******Update******** So check this out... I tried it again, Redsn0w, and when it got hung up on waiting for re-boot... I just unpluged...got side tracked for 20-30 min's..Sat down, and pluged it back in... guess what, Like magic the phone started upload... I use Pwnage most of the time, but This is my first red snow work over... Different!! but it works...
    Last edited by 97vrsix; 08-09-2009 at 12:35 PM.
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Yes, this has been the main issue with redsn0w since it was released. If you read through the pages you would have read that you need to un-plug and then plug back in to get through the jailbreak...:
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation "unable to recognize specified ipsw"
    pls help me on this, when ever i click browse it says "unable to recognize specified ipsw" i tried everything but dosent work!! Pls help me!!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,697 Times in 5,957 Posts

Does the ipsw file that you downloaded have an extension .zip? If so rename to .ipsw

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no it dosent!!

HELP!! PLS!!
    Last edited by KingAamirLujee; 08-10-2009 at 12:47 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi new to the forum and to my iphone i read n watched videos before bought the phone got my itunes downloaded downloaded redsnow now all i need is help when starting it up wen going to browse how am i suppose to find my iphones 3.0 firmware.

I extracted and opened redsnow from my desktop. Am i some how suppose to open it through itunes and have my phone synced?

Any help is really appreciated

thanx in advance

SRY FOR THE QUESTION IPHONE FULLY JAILBROKEN NOW THANX ANYWAYS
    GUESS QUESTION NOW IS HOW DO I OR WHERE DO I GET ALL FREE APPS?
    Last edited by PEQUES; 08-12-2009 at 12:50 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

when i jailbreak, it works until it says updating ram and then it says done, and cydia doesn't show up. Why does it do this and how do i fix it?

Thanks

Try the process again cause redsn0w sometimes messes up make sure u checked "cydia" and try again

Also did you see the pineapple while u did this?!
    Last edited by Raptors; 08-16-2009 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raptors View Post
    Try the process again cause redsn0w sometimes messes up make sure u checked "cydia" and try again

Also did you see the pineapple while u did this?!

Cydia was definantly checked. I'm trying for the fourth time right now. I haven't seen the pineapple yet, it goes to the Downloading Jailbreak Data and then reboots with no pineapple, it just goes straight to the lock screen. I've jailbroken 3g phones 10+ times and this is my first 3GS.

Thanks

Hmmmm why don't you just upgrade to 3.0.1 and do the same prcess

Thanks

Hmmmm why don't you just upgrade to 3.0.1 and do the same prcess
    thats the firmmware it's on. Is that why it's not working?

What if i used the 3.0 firmware file from the Iphone 3G jailbreak on the 3GS with the new Redsn0w?
    Last edited by hfinmyblood; 08-16-2009 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Uhm oh then when you're jailbreaking are u putting the 3.0 firmware in redsn0w?! Uhm that won't work

Thanks

Uhm oh then when you're jailbreaking are u putting the 3.0 firmware in redsn0w?! Uhm that won't work

if you're talking about the one for the 3g, i tried it because the one from this thread didn't work. I'm redownloading this thread's firmware again to see if that's the problem.

i downloaded redsnow and the firmware again and no luck. I can't get this to work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Updated:

I've read threads and people have problems similar to this but I just can't figure it out.

I'm trying to jailbreak my Iphone 3GS 3.0.1 through redsn0w 0.8 and it doesn't want to work. I tried the firmware download 2,1_3.0 in the thread in Iphone news and it will set up, go through the motions and then when it says updating ram, it seems to not load, just skips it. The iphone says downloading data and stays there for about thirty minutes before it reboots to the lock screen and doesn't have the pineapple or cydia.

So, I kept looking around the forum and read a post that said to use the firmware 2,1_3.0.1 and tried to use that through redsn0w 0.8 and when i selected that firmware it wouldn't recognize it.

I've tried doing the first method 5-10 times before i gave up because Raptors said it could just be the redsn0w program. I redownloaded the programs multiple times with no luck.

I also read that you have to pull out the usb cord from the computer itself to "jumpstart" redsn0w. I pulled it from the computer during the "waiting to reboot" and also from the iphone end as well with no luck.

Can someone please help me??!!!!

bump

bump

bump
    Last edited by hfinmyblood; 08-17-2009 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Guys, I ran redsnow on vista. It started but program crashed midway. Now im stuck in "Downloading Jailbreak Data..." What do I do?