+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS on 3.0 [redsn0w/windows]

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Hello again. I just wanted to give a BIG thanks to the developers of this JB. It worked flawlessly for me! Both Cydia and Winterboard work great! I am know
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 811 Posts

Hello again. I just wanted to give a BIG thanks to the developers of this JB. It worked flawlessly for me! Both Cydia and Winterboard work great! I am know enjoying my 3GS much more since I can theme it...that's really the only reason I jailbreak..well, maybe there are a few other perks . Thanks again, and your time and efforts are greatly appreciated and not taken for granted, at least not by me! Cheers

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default about JB
    people plz if you can answear me ill thank you!

do yopu have a conclusions after few days

what better JB the dev or g-hotz

or because its the same hole its the same

cause after i jb i had problem with cydia always crush but working sometime so people told me to restore and do jb again

any advice what jb to make?????plz?????

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bubu23 View Post
    people plz if you can answear me ill thank you!

do yopu have a conclusions after few days

what better JB the dev or g-hotz

or because its the same hole its the same

cause after i jb i had problem with cydia always crush but working sometime so people told me to restore and do jb again

any advice what jb to make?????plz?????
    Both work, Purplera1n is faster and easier for some. The cydia issue was due to mobilesubstrate needing updating for firmware 3.0 on a 3GS this has now been updated and was a common fault on both after jailbreak but only do to the mobilestuntrate issue and not with either method. You should allow cydia to update if it says it needs to before intalling any apps. Both methods have a few minor issues as they are both early versions but I'm using purplera1n RC2 with no problems
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default OK
    SO DO YOU THINK I NEED TO MAKE RESTORE ALL OVER AGAIN CAUSE IT STILL CRUSHING FEW TIMES NOT ONLY CYDIA BUT ALL PROG BUT NOT ALWAYS
    so do i leave it or make again restore ???????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just followed the guide and everything went smoothly. thanks for the release!

btw i notice that there aren't that much apps as i would expect it to have especially in the games section, does anyone know any game sources?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just wanted to say thank you for this! I haven't jailbroken my iphone since the 1st generation, and i can't believe how simple it is now, and how much things have changed. I just jailbroke my 3g-s 16gb following the directions and everything worked like a charm. Thank you so much!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey guys I'm having a issue with this.. I hook my 3gs up and follow the instructions unhook,power down, hold the home button and the next tab never pulls up. Any ideas????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've tried this several times now, but cydia is not showing up anywhere. can anyone help???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I am pleased to report that I have jailbroken my 32gb 3gs using Windows 7 64bit. Everything went smoothly and so far no complaints. Thanks to all who put in the time to make this possible for us.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For all those wondering, Dont unzip the firmware file. Just rename the extension from .zip, to .ipsw then run the redsnow program, and it works perfect. Cydia installs fine, but i waited till the phone has completed before i clicked "finish"in redsnow. Winterboard works perfect, although just be careful what themes you get. I got a vista theme, (cant remember the name) but most of my settings menu was missing. Not to worry, i found some more themes that look great. Also the keyboard themes dont seem to work.

see pic.
    This is my iphone 3gS 16gb. I did not use purplerain at all, just from stock, then running redsnow.

Cheers, P.S. I love this site
    Last edited by gthofan; 07-09-2009 at 01:57 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does it work with Firmware 04.26.08, because a have tried it in multiple computers and it will just stop after I put the phone in recovery mode. It will give me an error windows had to shutdown or close the program. Any suggestions?

Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Does anyone have any problems with MMS after jailbreaking with Redsn0w 0.8? Its not sending anymore for me. Any ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

So, no options for change, no options for adding Cydia or Icy.. Size? I guess i'm gonna go check out the other reply's to see what the settings are...
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I like that theme gthofan, what is the name of it??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wildwolf498 View Post
    Does it work with Firmware 04.26.08, because a have tried it in multiple computers and it will just stop after I put the phone in recovery mode. It will give me an error windows had to shutdown or close the program. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    I have the same firmware 04.26.08....as well....

Quote Originally Posted by gthofan View Post
    For all those wondering, Dont unzip the firmware file. Just rename the extension from .zip, to .ipsw then run the redsnow program, and it works perfect.

Cheers, P.S. I love this site
    Ive read everything...I have not opened the zipfile..I renamed the zipfile to .ipsw like others have suggested...it changes the zip file to another format so im thinking cool. I go into redsnow an no dice it can't find the 3.0firmware......Holy Moly..I can't even get started...

WOW im feelin really lame here...ive jailbroken 1st gen phone an this looks like a few steps an your done..someone please take me back to elementary school...
    I can't seem to find this firmware file..or im still not getting past stage one with this....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Why not try purplera1n then??
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Jailbreaked with redsnow, working perfect!!!!
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djdelite View Post
    I have the same firmware 04.26.08....as well....

Ive read everything...I have not opened the zipfile..I renamed the zipfile to .ipsw like others have suggested...it changes the zip file to another format so im thinking cool. I go into redsnow an no dice it can't find the 3.0firmware......Holy Moly..I can't even get started...

WOW im feelin really lame here...ive jailbroken 1st gen phone an this looks like a few steps an your done..someone please take me back to elementary school...
    I can't seem to find this firmware file..or im still not getting past stage one with this....
    Is your file extension showing? If not, try to go to folder option and uncheck "hide extensions for known file types" and see if the .zip still there

19. The Following User Says Thank You to vietxnameze For This Useful Post:

djdelite (07-11-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default No cydia
    Hey guys just want to say im having the same prob. After jailbreaking with redsnow (checked cydia box) cydia wont show
    up but icy did. Having a small prob with backgroung not showing up using winterboard too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by djcarley1 View Post
    Hey guys just want to say im having the same prob. After jailbreaking with redsnow (checked cydia box) cydia wont show
    up but icy did. Having a small prob with backgroung not showing up using winterboard too.
    I would try doing a full DFU restore and then re jailbreak with Purplera1n Rc2a or Rc2 either are fine. That should help cydia show up since you're actually downlaoding it after the jailbreak process.

If for some reason you're against Purplera1n then just try using Redsn0w again but make sure you do a full DFU restore between.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

22. The Following User Says Thank You to A_DuB187 For This Useful Post:

djcarley1 (07-11-2009)

+ Reply
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast