+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS on 3.0 [redsn0w/windows]

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
great day! great news! great job! cheers
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,852 Times in 811 Posts

great day! great news! great job! cheers

Banned
    Thanks

Just to say I did the JB first time followed instructions exactly worksed perfectly. I like the winterboard which is what purpler1an didn't have working yet.

Thanks

It's not working for me I have 3g iphone its stuck on the screen that says waiting for reboot. Did I do something wrong I followed all instructions? Please help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OHhhhhhhhhhhh YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to londinoson For This Useful Post:

nipsey (07-07-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

both my 3g s phones work great with purplera1n on one and dev team on the other

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nhoj_yelbom For This Useful Post:

nipsey (07-07-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey guys quick question, i havent been able to do my research on the new jailbreak released by the dev team because im at work;

i am using purplera1n right now and i wanted to switch over to the dev teams official release, how should i go about doing this? Should i back up, restore to stock os 3.0, and then do the dev teams version that way? Or is there another easier way to do this...

Thanks again guys for your help,
    sorry if this was discussed. Ive been low on time recently.
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This worked after a problem the first try. I reset the iphone and on my second try it worked. I then installed Mobile Substrate, then Winterboard, Winterboard Settings to put it in the settings app, Boss Prefs, SBSettings, and Backgrounder.

All are working great although I haven't tried all the settings and tweaks yet. The main things I like, the SBSettings allowing the easy changing brightness from withing Kindle, the background running of Pandora, and a few other things all work great.

THANK YOU!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ForumSnoBorderRK View Post
    Hey guys quick question, i havent been able to do my research on the new jailbreak released by the dev team because im at work;

i am using purplera1n right now and i wanted to switch over to the dev teams official release, how should i go about doing this? Should i back up, restore to stock os 3.0, and then do the dev teams version that way? Or is there another easier way to do this...

Thanks again guys for your help,
    sorry if this was discussed. Ive been low on time recently.
    Restore then use redsn0w... there's no difference really. the only thing you won't have to do is delete freeze since redsn0w can install cydia or icy after jb. the only reason why you would want to redo the jb is if you have a strong inclination for the dev's tools. purplera1n is faster than the dev teams.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am getting the iphone 3GS and plan on Unlocking since its not supported in my country, i never had any problems jailbreaking and unlocking so i hope this one goes smooth, i'll have to do it for 2 iphones!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yumac69sr View Post
    can i bring my iphone back to factory seting if i j/b and i have to bring it to apple can someone help me i`m new here
    dont worry too much about that

yesterday i went to applestore with my jailbroken 3GS, i told the guy that i wanted to replace to another one cuz i had a lot of troubles with that phone (well the conversation was damn long, finally, he had to do what he had to do ), AND GUESS WHAT, he gave me a brand new freakin phone
    BUT IF YOU WANT TO 1000% sure, just do a restore before taking it to the applestore

best of luck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lakes21 View Post
    when i download the firmware from the provided link it download in zip file. I extracted it and its scattered in folders and files???
    I get the same problem, i am using IE

Thanks

If your using purplera1n, why switch I dont understand you guys sometimes. RC2 is a quick and painless no BS jailbreak.

Im not sure why devteam even bothered making a jailbreak this time round

Thanks

Anyone having Cydia crashes with redsn0w? It worked better with purplera1n when it worked. After restore I tried reinstalling purplera1n when winterboard was fixed.

Redsn0w worked the second time but Cydia crashes after a few seconds of browsing. So I use Icy, I think it has only crashed once since this morning.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I have 3gs and when i go to itunes using shift and restore with firmware v3.0 already saved on my computer i have to connect to internet then it will restore but without internet then it will not restore.Before i had a 3g i don't need to connect to internet to use shift and restore.Anyone know why?Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

Did mine but when I installed the Rotation Inhibitor the phone whent into safe mode...did anyone have installed this Rotation Inhibitor ?

Also Cydia is crashing once in awhile just randomly.

On the Iphone 3G this Rotation Inhibitor works pretty well
    Last edited by leletyM3; 07-08-2009 at 04:19 AM.

Thanks

remane the firmware zip to ipsw ... do not unzip the firmware

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have tried that, right click, rename,add the .ipsw and still nothing

Thanks

Yes restore back to 3.0 first, then re-jailbteak with redswow.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

^
    |

Control Panel - Folder Options - View - [Uncheck] Hide Extension for Known File Types

Rename .zip to .ipsw

exhale.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i jailbreak my phone btoh with redsnow and with purplera1n ,altought purplera1n is an easier process i found for myself it had more bugs then the usual dev team jb,Altough i think Geohot is a better hacker the dev team is better at creating tools they are more polish and the result is better ,i first did rc1 the rc2a which once done never alowed me to redownload cydia ,i was pretty bumbed out wth it ,then redsnow came out ,so i just tried it over my allready jb phone (i run a 3gs 32gb) and it work flawless ,as i always dl all the ipsw in advance and used it to restore before in between rc1 and rc2a jb it was a breze and only took 5 minutes phone is flawless eversince ,i cant relate to ultrasnow as i have a fido phone.overall both jb have pros and cons but overall the better choice is definatly the Dev team jb.On a diff note to all fide users ,im with fido for years without contract and was ready to get shafted by them and their contract in order to get the 3gs,those people are so thick at fido they would not workout a deal with me and wanted to force me to buy it for 500 also i had to take another data plan in order to apply to the supposed favour they were doing me ,as money was not an issue i told them that i would rather buy the phone outright at the appstore then have to pay 200 more then the new users on top of being stucked with a 3 year plan with 450$ penalty to break the contract,they told me i should do so (i guess he was thinking i was bluffing)so i went a bought it outright for 800 bills,altough it is pricy at first in the overall you end up winning ,the extra data plan was 30 dollars a month cranking my bill to 160 $ and that for 3 years so screw fido i continue to use your network without contract .My point is if you have a bit of extra money it is better to buy it from the appstore and own the phone then to get hook with a really bad contract and an overpriced one to boot ,my 2 cents

I did not have to restore to use the dev team jb over purplera1n rc2 i just went straight at it and it worked flawlessly
    Last edited by hackfiles; 07-08-2009 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost