Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinterBoard Released for iPhone 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    The only thing I am missing is keyboards
    Did you find a solution for the SMSBackground.png yet? Im still searching....
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

btw, i have to run some tests,
    i just tested it on my phone real quick, and i need to edit some stuff,
    so ill post the thread when its completely finished!

ok, just posted the thread! go check it out!

[r]Dock 1.0 - iPhone 3.0 icons!

Last edited by ForumSnoBorderRK; 07-08-2009 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ForumSnoBorderRK For This Useful Post:

juda1 (07-08-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I love be jailbroken iPhone!

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    -Dialer themes and Battery Themes WILL WORK but need to be manually SSHed into the phone in the proper directories. Will take a little time but they will all take.

Edit: I dont know why but I thought your post said "dialer themes DO NOT work".
    I downloaded a theme from this website called apple classic battery theme. It looks great. The question I have is there are 17 additional images, which I am going to guess are to show varying amounts of remaining battery. I can't seem to get those to show up. The above quote mentions that battery themes are working, just you manually need to move the files. My question is what is the directory structure to move the files to? I did some searching but most of the info is fairly old. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by nikozen; 07-08-2009 at 12:01 PM.

Hi there I too did a lot of searching a few days ago and found the answer on the hackintosh forum.

Goto /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

Copy BatteryBG_1 to BatteryBG_17 from the iPhone to your PC to have a backup.

If you use Iphone browser, it'll be a breeze since Iphone browser backs up the files you replace.

Here is a screenie to clarify what im saying.

By alext87 at 2009-07-08

You shouldn't have to manually move files since I have been able to use different battery screens via winterboard. Have you selected it in winterboard?

Edit: Just re-read your post and it would appear that you haven't downloaded the battery themes from cydia? Thats the easiest way to get them. Then its just a case of selecting it within winterboard. If you don't want to do that then you can still manually replace them using the above method. And yes the 17 images do indeed show the battery at different charge points.

Also if you decide to go the winterboard way you can change them without risk to the original files. WB seems to override the files to display whatever theme is selected.
    Last edited by sandyt87; 07-08-2009 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Reread post

Figuired out the AP Store unable to download apps issue. It`s either the Notifier Application or the Weather Application (Put`s weather on status bar)or the five icon that is causing it. In order to find out which one it is, I need someone who has one of these applications to confirm he or she has them and if their APP downloads from the Apple Store is working.
    Last edited by Brandon; 07-08-2009 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyt87 View Post
    Hi there I too did a lot of searching a few days ago and found the answer on the hackintosh forum.

Goto /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

Copy BatteryBG_1 to BatteryBG_17 from the iPhone to your PC to have a backup.

You shouldn't have to manually move files since I have been able to use different battery screens via winterboard. Have you selected it in winterboard?

Edit: Just re-read your post and it would appear that you haven't downloaded the battery themes from cydia? Thats the easiest way to get them. Then its just a case of selecting it within winterboard. If you don't want to do that then you can still manually replace them using the above method. And yes the 17 images do indeed show the battery at different charge points.

Also if you decide to go the winterboard way you can change them without risk to the original files. WB seems to override the files to display whatever theme is selected.

Hey sandyt87, thanks for the reply. I didn't accurately describe how I came by the theme. I have the latest version of winterboard installed and I downloaded the battery theme through cydia. If you open cydia and hit changes and look at the "new at Jul 7, 2009 21:05:22" Apple Classic Battery should be 4th or 5th one down. I installed it and selected it thorough winterboard, but it doesn't appear to work correctly, or I don't have the correct impression on what it is supposed to do.

The install directory for the app is:
    /var/stash/Themes/Apple Classic Battery.theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard.app Inside that folder is where the BatteryBG_1.png through BatteryBG_17.png lives.

I didn't know if that was where they belonged because of the post earlier stating you needed to put them into the correct directory. I'll keep messing around with it and see what I can come up with.

*======EDIT======*
    I did some additional looking around, and messed around with the path for the files. I solved the problem by removing the .app from the install folder. So the path is /var/stash/Themes/Apple Classic Battery.theme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard
    Last edited by nikozen; 07-08-2009 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Solved.

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    Jailbroken white 32GB 3GS. Used the RC2 Purplera1n using Windows 7 on my MacBook Pro. Hung on the reboot phone part, killed purplera1n and restarted it and BAM worked instantly. Also I had iTunes open the whole time. I mulled over installing WinterBoard while at work in case it grenaded my phone. I bit the bullet, installed it after updating mobilesubstrate over Edge, of all things, it screamed through it even on Edge and it works like a champ. Some things didn't quite work when I loaded themes at home. I have a seriously ripped off JTRWallace theme, and it didn't change my phone, mail, SMS, or Safari icons so I had to change them manually. For some reason it changed my AppStore icon and a few others but not the major ones. I guess I could have downlaoded the stock JTRWallace theme but I didn't want to have to use PhoneView and go change everything. Might have had better luck though. My Watchmen keypad theme didn't do squat until I installed it again from Cydia. I have Dock installed but for some reason if you hide any apps it crashes. It's not updated for 3.0. Other than that it works great and it's awesome how fast the sunburst goes! SBSettings is working great, but for some reason it defaults to 3G enabled on a restart, and here in Beaufort we don't have 3G so it takes forever to get an Edge signal if I don't turn it off (which I do). Cyntact works just fine as well.

ALL of my apps work, and they work great. App store apps download at normal speed and open just fine, YouTube works but it took a second to load the first time I opened it and has worked normal since. Here's a few screenshots of my phone. With the lovely Olivia.
    does anyone know what the name of that dock (or theme) and battery in the status bar are called?

EDIT: his pics didn't show... it's on Page 8

does anyone know what theme or wallpaper this is on the original post??

Thank you to the devs out there. love it all! 3gS+JB+ winterboard= FUN

Love the 3gs Winterboard, cant wait for keyboard and sms to work..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0057.png  
    Last edited by jviphone; 07-09-2009 at 12:03 PM. Reason: added photo

Yeah, has anyone heard anything about a keyboard theme update to make it work ?

iPhone? More like MyPhone lillstar12's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by riassan View Post
    does anyone know what theme or wallpaper this is on the original post??
    Yeah i wanna know this one as well , saw one similar to this as well like a teddy looking angry with big teeth running with an iphone in his hand anyon egot any ideas what they are ???

Thanks

Alright, between mywi and this, its time to jailbreak again, I haven't had a reason to since the app store came out!
    If I helped you out in any way, hit the Thanks Button.

iPhone? More like TyPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Does downloading apps work for you
    Yes i can download apps from the apple app store, and cydia no problem. (Just did it this instant to dbl check)

Although I do have a suggestion for anyone using categories. i use categories from cydia to create folders on my springboard to cut down on the number of apps. however i have come to the conclusion that it needs an "access" update of some sort. because if i have an official (apple)/ or 3rd party (cydia) app already installed and it needs to be updated i must delete the app from categories to return it to the springboard before it can be updated.

then i can put it back in whatever folder i had it in and POW back in action no probs

I'm using the latest Winterboard on my 3GS and it keeps crashing to safe mode. It only does it when it's plugged up and charging. I'll be using it and then hit the sleep button and I'll hear the charging sound as if I just plugged it up, then when I bring it back up the safe mode message is there.

I tried disabling the battery theme I was using since it only does it while charging, but that didn't help. Also, tried disabling WeatherIcon and AT&T Logo Bars and it still did it.

It really bugs me because every time it does it my icons get moved around out of order and I have to go back and fix them again.

Any ideas?

finally i find someone with the same problem as me. I had just finished putting the inav theme on my phone last night and then boom it crashed

smh

For now I've disabled everything in Winterboard to see if it still happens. I'll probably end up doing a restore and starting from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by 7lowe View Post
    For now I've disabled everything in Winterboard to see if it still happens. I'll probably end up doing a restore and starting from scratch.

what third party apps are you guys running? Cuz it's sounds like a conflicting app issue.... And would any of the apps u have installed be notifications? Cuz that is the only app I have had installed that would crash my iPhone ......

"thuwun"

No notifications here. Most common app I'm running before it happens is probably MotionX Poker Dice or whatever it's called. Not necessarily that, but if I'm using it while it's charging and then hit the sleep button it happens a good percentage of the time. And, even after everything was turned off in Winterboard it crashed twice last night. It's so weird that it only does it if you use it while it's charging.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast