Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinterBoard Released for iPhone 3GS

Green Apple
    Thanks
    im checking for u right now it says its "loading" so it is downloading it but its taking a bit so ill let you know how it goes. the bar is filling green so im sure its going to work

edit: downloaded really slow but installed fine and app worked
    Last edited by arfreitas12; 07-07-2009 at 01:25 PM.

i have cydia, winterboard and a couple of other apps seems like all is running pretty good, except i am getting an occasional error in loading with cydia. however it could just be my poor signal level in the area i was in. will check it out more when i get home!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thuwun For This Useful Post:

Brandon (07-07-2009)

Nice but I can't find a decent theme... Maybe I'm too picky.

Read over most the post I just JB using redsnow Added WB and themed up my 3GS and don't have a single problem - lucky I guess

Thanks

That was meant to thank all of the developers (not just the Dev Team) including Saurik
    Earl

Green Apple
    Thanks
    so far i have only had 2 problems with my 3gs

Problem # 1
    i added a repo and i spelled it wrong and it gave me a "bad url" message but it installed it and i deleted the repo but now it always pops up with bad url and shows the repo that i put in wrong. no big deal thought because it has no effect on my phone.

Problem # 2
    Sometimes my cydia will close itself if i dont though the screen after i load it. it has never closed on me when i using it but when i open it and get distracted by something and look back down at my phone cydia will be closed. again not a big deal because it hasnt effected me when im trying to use it.

other then these 2 minor problems i havnt had any problems after jb with rc1 and then just running rc2 over it without restoring.

Quote Originally Posted by thuwun View Post
    i have cydia, winterboard and a couple of other apps seems like all is running pretty good, except i am getting an occasional error in loading with cydia. however it could just be my poor signal level in the area i was in. will check it out more when i get home!
    Does downloading apps work for you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Thumbs up WinterBoard
    Was having same problems - kept getting put into DFU. Here's what I did.
    2 days ago (on macbook pro/10.5.7):
    Installed: Cydia. Five Row Column/Five Row Dock, Doom, NES, ReflectiveDock, CyDelete, Notifier.

Yesterday:
    Back Up.

Today:
    Installed Winterboard. Resprang.
    DFU Mode.
    Resprang.
    DFU Mode.
    Restored from Backup.
    Deleted Five Row Dock.
    Force Quit.
    Restart. DFU Mode.
    Deleted Five Row Column.
    Force Quit.
    Restart. DFU Mode.
    Reinstalled Mobile Substrate.
    Restart.
    DFU Mode.
    Uninstalled WinterBoard from Cydia.
    Restarted.
    Regular Mode.

Opened Cydia.
    Mobile Substrate available for update.
    Installed, resprang.
    Tick SFX back in Cydia.
    Installed WinterBoard.
    Resprang.
    All Good.

Reinstalled deleted apps, seem to be working well/stable and quick.
    Finally!

cant download app store apps either, how did you all fix it? i tried plugging it to itunes, but still having problems, can anyone help?
     White iPhone 3Gs - 32Gb 

i love winterboard it works!

thanks for the devs who keeps on updating. you guys rule!!!!!!

installed winterboard and updated mobilesubstrate. works great. even my appstore works. tried it and managed to get bloon free no problem.

the only issue im having with winterboard is that ....when i download a full theme (with keyboard, keypad, and more themed out) like KILLSIGNBOSKY .......and install via winterboard......and after respring. it goes into SAFE MODE. getting out of safe mode means removing/reverting back to the other theme. you cant jsut hard reset or reboot. i tried.

dammit. can anyone confirm this? i did try it on two 3GS and one iphone 3g running 3.0. i really want those full themes grrrr grrrrr

maybe its becuz the keyboard on 3.0 cant be themed yet?? maybe??
    Last edited by simpl3lang; 07-07-2009 at 02:00 PM.

I don't have the patience to read through 7 pages of "great it worked" comments. Good for all of you. However it is not working properly for me.

My status bar keeps disappearing, all the themes I have tried will not install, instead cydia errors out, none of the essentials will install and I have lost wifi.

My 3G S is limping around like a one legged man right now. Any suggestions?

I used PurpleRa1n to jailbreak instead of the DevTeams method because it was less complicated, Although I had to disconnect it and download Cydia with the 3G network because it killed the wifi.

Please help
    Winning a fight on the internet is like winning a medal in the Special Olympics.
    At the end of the day, you're still a retard.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Advice please! I'm jailbroken with purplera1n and having no trouble. I was wondering if it is absolutely necessary to capture the iBSS & iBEC files? I have my EICD purplera1nyday file nicely stored, but I really don't want to restore AGAIN, and my hubby will have a fit if I tell him I need to restore him again too. However if it is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, I know I'd better do it. Any advice very appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by dmerrill View Post
    Advice please! I'm jailbroken with purplera1n and having no trouble. I was wondering if it is absolutely necessary to capture the iBSS & iBEC files? I have my EICD purplera1nyday file nicely stored, but I really don't want to restore AGAIN, and my hubby will have a fit if I tell him I need to restore him again too. However if it is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, I know I'd better do it. Any advice very appreciated!
    I didn't do that whole iBSS thing because purplera1n didn't say you needed to. Maybe thats why my phone is one foot in the grave?
    Winning a fight on the internet is like winning a medal in the Special Olympics.
    At the end of the day, you're still a retard.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seandiego View Post
    I didn't do that whole iBSS thing because purplera1n didn't say you needed to. Maybe thats why my phone is one foot in the grave?
    Well I didn't either and my phone is fine. Push seems to have stopped working, but I can live with that. I am more concerned with future releases from Apple. But it seems like a whole lot of work (not capturing the files, but putting my phone back together AGAIN). I am happy now, but I always want to be able to JB the 3GS, naturally. I have no plan to move to redsn0w on my 3gs right now, for the same reason, too much work! But if hafta, I hafta, just not sure if I really hafta...

Hmmm.. People who have issues downloading apps from the AppStore after these updates, what Cydia packages do you have installed?

Anyone else having update download "NetDB: Open nodename" error? Doesn't seem to affect anything but I would still like to fix it. Any ideas? Thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seandiego View Post
    I can vouch that I have jailbroken 3/3 of my 3GS phones without grabbing the iBSS files. It's not neccesary for purplera1n.

I have also succesfully installed winterboard on all 3 devices with running themes. Your problem sounds unrelated.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Does winterboard still kill performance? Making everything load twice as long?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Hmmm.. People who have issues downloading apps from the AppStore after these updates, what Cydia packages do you have installed?
    Have done JB on my 3GS with both PR and redsn0w. Was able to download apps from the app store after Cydia, Mobilesubstrate, Winterspring, and a few themes were installed.
    I then installed Winterspring Settings, Mobile Terminal, 5 dock, dock reflections, SBSettings, AptBackup, Notifier, OpenSSH, Safari Download Plugin, and Weathericon. Afterwhich, App Store does not work (same problem reported above).
    I have yet to remove one at a time to see the culprit, and don't have time until later.
    Maybe my list will help.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast