+ Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinterBoard Released for iPhone 3GS

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
i decided to jailbreak today before 3.1 comes out see if i like being jailbroken. Well i installed cydelete first to get rid of freeze and all was well next
    iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

i decided to jailbreak today before 3.1 comes out see if i like being jailbroken. Well i installed cydelete first to get rid of freeze and all was well next i went to winterboard installed it than tried to install any free app from the app store and it just stuck on loading it wouldnt install so while it was stuck i deleted winterboard from the homescreen using cydelete and the app loaded up and installed fine.

Bottom line winterboard didnt let me download any apps from the app store

Edit: i deleted cydelete since i dont need it anymore and reinstalled winterboard everything is working fine so my guess is if anyone downloaded Cydelete to get rid of freeze just uninstall it thats what i did and now its working and apps are downloading fine and fast as usual.
    Last edited by salayyad; 07-15-2009 at 05:49 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was having battery life issues along with the problem of going into safe mode if I tried to hit the sleep button while it was charging. I decided to restore to stock 3.0 and then try jailbreaking with redsn0w this time. It went a lot smoother as it worked perfect both times using purplera1n (beta & RC) it took at least 2 tries.

Afterward, I noticed my screen was a lot dimmer. Before it seemed super bright all the time and I thought that might have something to do with the battery life issues I was having. Reinstalled SBSettings and went in and picked my toggles and it suddenly got super bright again. Went into settings to play around with the brightness and turn Auto off and then on again and it seemed more reasonably bright. Then I was reading an e-mail and I double tapped to zoom in, but it tried to select instead and when it did the screen went super bright again.

The brightness thing is weird, but so far I haven't had the safe mode crash when sleeping anymore, so that's good.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well,what hell the problem with this people?Now everyone wanna be "The first to create or realease something to iPhone 3GS". Damn, seems that they wanna loose respect from 2G and 3G users. Damn, nerds.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xpc21 View Post
    Well,what hell the problem with this people?Now everyone wanna be "The first to create or realease something to iPhone 3GS". Damn, seems that they wanna loose respect from 2G and 3G users. Damn, nerds.

Ummmm huh?????

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xpc21 View Post
    lol, the day we pay 2.99 for winterboard is the day they will "focus" on everyone.

For the meanwhile these developers are just having fun, breaking and modifying the latest and greatest from apple... Until they get it perfect i really don't see them focusing to much on other phones...

It'll only be a few weeks though, then they will get their old 3g's working, then their old 2g's etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by name00 View Post
    this is awesome

now i'll be waiting for mobilefinder
    i couldnt get it to work,it crashes every now and then
    I too was waiting for mobilefinder. However, someone pointed out that iFile does everything mobilefinder did and more. Check it out (Cydia).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a redsn0w jailbroken 3gs unlocked with ultrasn0w 0.9
    Icy doesn't find the new winterboard version so I installed it trough ssh dpkg as I did for mobilesubstrate.
    I had to use the dpkg ignore dependency option bc I couldn't find killall package (I alredy have killall command) anyway it installed fine and doesn't send my iphone into safe mode anymore.

Now when I select a theme winterboard respring but nothing changes.
    Anyone has the same issue?

ps: I'm using icy bc cydia has too many ads!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, running a 3GS fw 3.0 used redn0w 0.8 to jailbreak, installed most recent mobilesubstrate and re-booted... entered Cydia installed Winterboard, downloaded a couple of themes and ringtones, and now when i try and open an app, it pops opens and closes instantly. I thought the Mobilesubstrate upgrade fixed this... I guess not. Anyone still having this issue? or anyone know a way to fix it! so I dont have to keep re-flashing my 3GS.

Cheers

Thanks

Great Job Guys . Thnks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

my winterboard was working on my 3gs. but now it keeps crashing my phone every time i install it or when i respring my phone. im running on the firmwire 3.0.1. can someone please help.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I knew it. WinterBoard before did not work on 3G. But now it has been a great help for the new release. I am very happy to see this post. Thanks for sharing.
    mod/edit links removed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Any word on when keyboards will start working again? I'm loving Winterboard right now, I cant decide whether I like iNinja(customized) or ANM Rebuild more. either one would be so much better with keyboard support though!

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrSpiffdifilous View Post
    Any word on when keyboards will start working again? I'm loving Winterboard right now, I cant decide whether I like iNinja(customized) or ANM Rebuild more. either one would be so much better with keyboard support though!
    Per Saurik's Twitter:

"I just spent way too many hours pulling apart the 3.x keyboard code. There isn't enough legacy support to theme keyboards anymore. Sorry. "

Not good news for keyboards.
    kwickone I.T.H.

Thanks

Wink winterboard
    i have a 3gs iphone and would like to download winterboard but am wondering do i need anything else to make it work as ive heard from other people their fone crashes etc plz help and tell me how to install thanx in advance

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Winterboard works fine.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbillh77's Avatar
    Thanks

been there done that

Thanks

First post ever. Join today. I'm a total newbs. Sorry about that. Installed winterboard on my 3gs latest firmware (3.1.2?) jailbroke with black rain downloaded with rock your phone. Works freaking great though it crased the wireless connection. My phone doesn't detect any wireless network. The status bar is set on solid but either on solid or on normal its sometimes disappear.

Also I'm trying to get more involved in this community but I don't know were to start who to talk to. Thanks for leaving me a note.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Welcome to MMi!

To fix your wifi simply install PushFix from Cydia by following this guide, or go into Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings. This is a known issue with blackra1n.

As far as your solid status bar is concerned, check to see if you have that feature enabled in Winterboard.

To find answers to most of your questions you can use the Search Bar in the upper right hand corner of every page. Most topics and issues have already been discussed and solutions have been posted. If you cannot find the answer to a question after searching, you can search the Forums section of this site and narrow down the proper section to post your question. The General iPhone Chat section is also a great place to post any questions or problems. You can also check the Chit-Chat Section to just chat with other users.
    Last edited by Melech518; 12-01-2009 at 12:16 AM. Reason: typo
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

firearbete (12-01-2009)

Thanks

Wow ! Thanks soo much for this intro. I really feel welcomed

I've uninstalled winterboard to check if the status bar would come back to normal and it did. Oh well, it's not that much of a problem anyway.

+ Reply
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910