Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Unlocked!

HEY!.. New Mobile Substrate and Winterboard released, now compatible with 3GS. check Cydia!.. rebooting device now to see if it all works!

update: Yeah, it works!. did not crash into safe mode. booted up fine!

Thank you So much Saurik and Geohotz!.
    Last edited by Rev3rEND; 07-07-2009 at 06:46 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

Brain fart on the 3.0 comment - 3GS haz winterboard! Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Rev3rEND View Post
    HEY!.. New Mobile Substrate and Winterboard released, now compatible with 3GS. check Cydia!.. rebooting device now to see if it all works!

update: Yeah, it works!. did not crash into safe mode. booted up fine!

Thank you So much Saurik and Geohotz!.
    Tricker ThreeG still not working for me with the new Mobile Substrate. Blog indicated it would. Anyone else get Tricker ThreeG working yet?

Jim K.

YUP. winterboard is working perfectly perfect

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusthevirus View Post
    pretty sure u cant unlock your iphone anymore since 3.1 updates your baseband and restoring to 3.0 doesnt put it back. Tough. Should have read the warnings all along
    APPLE REPLEASED MY IPHONE NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!!!
    purplerain here I come!!!
    Thanks,

Timbo

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Say what?

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

Default can't find ultrasn0w
    I followed the instructions for jailbreaking, but when I search for ultrasn0w in cydia, it doesn't come up with anything...

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post

This is kind of old news - but I realized a lot of folks may not have put two and two together.

ultrasn0w has been out for a while, and has always been known to work on the 3GS "as soon as it was jailbroken" so it could be installed - how could you install it without a jailbreak.

And now, purplera1n has jailbroken the 3GS for both Windows and OS X users.

So how do you unlock?

Easy - jailbreak from either Windows or OS X, then install ultrasn0w. Done.

app repo ultrasn0w.com

It automatically makes it a link when I type the repo, it is http:// repo666.ultrasn0w.com with no space between http:// and repo666
    Last edited by Melech518; 07-24-2009 at 10:15 AM.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

I put it in the search box but nothing happens...and what do you mean Edit?

Go to cydia...click on Manage, then click Sources, Hit the "Edit" button in the top right corner. Hit the Add button in the top left corner. Type the following, http:// repo666.ultrasn0w.com. Then hit Add Source. Then hit done in the top right. Next search for ultrasn0w.....

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Thanks
    Thanked 10,188 Times in 6,204 Posts

^Make sure you spell it right, the ultrasn0w is spelled with a zero (nada), in snow not and o

i have a problem in my iphone there no wifi anybodythere to solve the problemppls tnx kwatog_10

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It's been mentioned a billion times, search!

"Everybody has common sense, but most just don't use it, then you wonder why?" - Neo-Tech

Hi,

I am a tech-idiot and i really need help on unlocking 3gs. I've reached the stage where I click on Freeze, followed by installing Cydia. Problem is, after I click on it the most progress it made was one small white bar.. The signal was good it is not making a progress. Are there any ways in which I can download it faster?

Quote Originally Posted by happyman168 View Post
    Hi,

I am a tech-idiot and i really need help on unlocking 3gs. I've reached the stage where I click on Freeze, followed by installing Cydia. Problem is, after I click on it the most progress it made was one small white bar.. The signal was good it is not making a progress. Are there any ways in which I can download it faster?
    You need to be on wifi.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Zehlek's Avatar
    Thanks

Would you prefer Purlera1n or redsn0w?

My iPhone is a Part of Me JAG2621's Avatar
    Thanks

From what i have read ultrasn0w would be better in the fact that i works on hackivated phones.
    If anything was usefull a thanks would be great!

Well it's not that redsn0w "works on hacktivated phones" but rather it actually hacktivates the phone...I personally wont let redsn0w even look at my 3G[s] the wrong way! Grab an At&t sim and activate your phone and then run Purplera1n. I still hear too many complaints about redsn0w on the 3G[s]. And how can you beat the ease and simplicity of purplera1n? You can't!

what firmware do you use to jailbreak 3GS i just want to make sure so I dont F*** up. Is it 3.0? thanks!

RedSn0w 0.8 Will JB 3.01 but you need to use the FW 3.0 ipsw
    RedSn0w 0.9 for 3.12 is being tested.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456