+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Unlocked!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
O2 Ireland are due to get more stock of the iPhone 3Gs on Tuesday so this is great news for me, as I have a 32GB preordered! Woo!
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

O2 Ireland are due to get more stock of the iPhone 3Gs on Tuesday so this is great news for me, as I have a 32GB preordered! Woo!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ya, i had mine unlocked when purplera1n came out. the airplane mode trick works to get signal and wifi working. other than that, ultrasn0w works exactly like it did on 3g. i have tmobile btw

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

does anybody know if vwallpaper is working yet?
    Last edited by ForumSnoBorderRK; 07-05-2009 at 06:22 PM.
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know what Confucious is talking about? I did the jailbreak and unlock with Purplera1n about 3 hours ago using my Mac and everything worked perfectly!! I have not had one issue. Tmobile is working great. I have made a bunch of calls and even more texts with no problems. This was the easiest jailbreak and unlock I have ever done. Thanks so much Geohot! My 3gs is no longer just an iPod.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    I don't know what Confucious is talking about? I did the jailbreak and unlock with Purplera1n about 3 hours ago using my Mac and everything worked perfectly!! I have not had one issue. Tmobile is working great. I have made a bunch of calls and even more texts with no problems. This was the easiest jailbreak and unlock I have ever done. Thanks so much Geohot! My 3gs is no longer just an iPod.
    Idiot.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

The Airplane Mode tip posted further up here worked on mine perfectly

Thanks

How am I an idiot Confucious? You said Ultrasn0w doesn't work with Purplera1n when it does. I don't get how that makes me an idiot but thanks anyway.

Thanks

very misleading ultra snow does not work well at all tmobile user here and a few others have the same issue constant loss of signal on and off.

Thanks

Again, ultrasn0w works as long as you use the Airplane mode toggle. Its just like when yellowsn0w was first released.
    Apples taste good.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Good stuff!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rud3bwoy View Post
    very misleading ultra snow does not work well at all tmobile user here and a few others have the same issue constant loss of signal on and off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruejl View Post
    Again, ultrasn0w works as long as you use the Airplane mode toggle. Its just like when yellowsn0w was first released.
    I do see how some users are having some issues with Ultrasn0w but I guess I'm one of the lucky one's because I haven't had any problems with ultrasn0w. No loss of signal, no dropped calls and I haven't used the airplane mode toggle. I made sure that I had 3G turned off the whole time during both installs and I was making calls in less than 5 minutes. Easiest install ever. I must have just gotten lucky. I'm definitely not complaining. Everything works great.

Thanks

All you need to do is turn on Airplane mode after running ultrasn0w, then turn off the phone. Power it back on and then turn Airplane mode off and you should be able to use the phone without any problems. I unlocked my new 3GS last night and this is how I got it to work. The Airplane toggle will need to be done anytime the phone is power cycled as well. I am making calls, SMS, MMS, Data and WiFi flawlessly on T-Mobile.
    i have JB'd my iphone via the mac version of PR, and hae done the instructions...it works perfectly. REMEMBER, every time you must reboot or power off, goto airplane mode first...once powered on, then you can disable it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Are you all hacktivating or are you activating first with a legit sim since purplera1n doesn't activate?

Thanks

I personally activated legit and am going to ETF after my 30 days. Cheaper than buying one from craigslist or ebay and that way I already had it activated.
    Apples taste good.

Thanks

I personally activated legit and am going to ETF after my 30 days. Cheaper than buying one from craigslist or ebay and that way I already had it activated.
    I'm in the exact same boat. I was able to locally sell my 16GB 3G for $340 (even though it was a little scratched up). I'm going to miss the 3G speeds when I cancel! I'm going to use AT&T as long as I can, are you switching back to T-mobile right now?

Main reason I'm asking is I can do that for myself but I want to put an ad on CL to unlock other people's iPhones and I didn't want to have to use my AT&T sim to unlock their phones.

Thanks

I have been a T-Mobile customer for a while now. I walked into my Apple store and bought a 16gb 3GS on a new AT&T account just for the phone. Came home, jailbroke and unlocked it.
    I'll cancel my AT&T account after 30 days so I figure it will probably cost about $475.00 total for my 3GS. I put my 16GB 3G on craigslist about 3 hours ago and already have two people interested for $350.
    Apples taste good.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have been a T-Mobile customer for a while now. I walked into my Apple store and bought a 16gb 3GS on a new AT&T account just for the phone. Came home, jailbroke and unlocked it.
    I'll cancel my AT&T account after 30 days so I figure it will probably cost about $475.00 total for my 3GS. I put my 16GB 3G on craigslist about 3 hours ago and already have two people interested for $350.
    I did the same exact thing Friday night, picked up a black 16GB 3GS and signed a new two year contact with AT&T, the apple store cs rep asked me if I understood the terms and conditions, so I asked him if there is anything in the guidlines I should know about and he mentioned that if I cancel my contract after the first thirty days I would have to pay the early termination fee plus $400 for the iPhone..... Don't know if that was just a scare tactic or not but maybe the rules have changed????
    Last edited by Vaddy; 07-05-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vaddy View Post
    I did the same exact thing Friday night, picked up a black 16GB 3GS and signed a new two year contact with AT&T, the apple store cs rep asked me if I understood the terms and conditions, so I asked him if there is anything in the guidlines I should know and he mentioned that if I cancel my contract after the first thirty days I would have to pay the early termination fee plus $400 for the iPhone..... Don't know if that was just a scare tactic or not but maybe the rules have changed????
    That guy has no idea what he's talking about.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggab View Post
    That guy has no idea what he's talking about.
    I think your right because I heard the $175 early termination fee is supposed to set you free and technically they cannot make you buy the phone outright or return it, at least that's what I've heard

Thanks

After 30 days, they can only assess an ETF fee. That's it.

Edit: @Vaddy...he must have meant BEFORE 30 days. That would be the correct price for the 16GB 3GS.
    Last edited by Kruejl; 07-05-2009 at 09:34 PM.
    Apples taste good.