Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: purplera1n for Mac Released - Jailbreak your iPhone 3GS

Hi All:

As I've not JBed my new one (did older models) I'm curious: the one thing I would use at this point (many features having been improved) is the ability to use "borrowed" apps. Does this work at this point for anyone? I suppose I miss SBSettings as well ...I'll live until Winterboard is stable!

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

This was, by far, the easiest jailbreak of any I have ever done - and I have done them all, from the very first iPhone, through the 3G, and now with the 3GS. It could not be simpler. In fact, I would say that if you have problems with doing this, then you shouldn't be even considering having anything but a stock iPhone.

My jailbroken 3GS is very stable, and everything is working perfectly. I had mentioned in a different thread about a month ago that I would not be upgrading from my 3G until I was able to do everything I could on the 3G on the 3GS. That time came. I sold my 3G for the exact same price as I paid for the 3GS, and literally everything is working perfectly.

I can't comment on using redsn0w - I read all the appropriate threads, and the overwhelming consensus of opinion is many (not everyone) have had a lot of problems with it, but purplera1n was quick, easy, and flawless. So I went with that. And I found the same thing to be true. If you are on the fence, get off, and just use purplera1n. Thanks, geohot!

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAMM View Post
    I've downloaded, restarted 2 times and tried launching purplera1n with no luck. Nothing happens. I've got Macbook 2ghz intel core duo. Any ideas?

I am having the same problem. I am also using a macbook.

Tried using on Mac book, but didn't work. Got stuck on restore screen then shuts off after 10 minutes. Tried restart on mac and restart on iPhone. Restarted purplera1n 4-5 times but had to restore...

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Using 3.0.1 Iphone 3G - Mac OS 10.5.7 intel

My iPhone is a Part of Me tsatryan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mestizo13 View Post
    Tried using on Mac book, but didn't work. Got stuck on restore screen then shuts off after 10 minutes. Tried restart on mac and restart on iPhone. Restarted purplera1n 4-5 times but had to restore...

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Using 3.0.1 Iphone 3G - Mac OS 10.5.7 intel
    purplera1n does not work on 3.0.1

Does this not work for version 3.0.1?
    Is there a way to change my version back to 3.0?

Thanks

It doesn't work for 3.0.1
    Why not just use redsn0w?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Hi Egyptbk

Sorry but purplera1n has been superseded. This JB was released last year over the old version for the iPhone 3GS. If you want to use a jailbreak (JB) then read the forums and apply the JB that is relevant to your situation.

Remember at the moment there is no JB for a 3GS running on iOS4 which has not been jailbroken before.

I hope that this helps or clarifies matters.

Kaid

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011