Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: purplera1n RC2 out for Win & OSX!

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    glad to hear about the update, but i'm still waiting for a mac version that allows winterboard.
    Actually according to GeoHot Winterboard needs updating to run on the 3gs. Appearantly with RC2 Winterboard not functioning has nothing to do on his side. It's up to Saurik to fix it now

Thanks

So right now, my phone is already jailbroken with RC1.

Do I restore the firmware to stock before doing RC2?

or is there a patch I can get in cydia to fix the bugs?

or do i just run RC2 directly over my jailbroken RC1?

*edit

found answer in this post
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/4717311-post489.html
    Last edited by Rescuer; 07-04-2009 at 11:38 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rescuer For This Useful Post:

thuwun (07-07-2009)

It's probably BS. I'll believe it when Saurik says Winterboard needs updating. And still a beta jailbreak is not good enough for me. I support the dev-team.

Quote Originally Posted by dazzastark View Post
    It's probably BS. I'll believe it when Saurik says Winterboard needs updating. And still a beta jailbreak is not good enough for me. I support the dev-team.
    Good for you. Why comment then? Don't even come in this thread then.

Before you go off go do some reading. Maybe start with Saurik's twitter?

ADDITIONALLY, WinterBoard /will/ need work on the 3GS (new instructions), but I can't even begin looking at that until we get fixed patches.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm getting sick of this. Guess what? if the dev-team released their jailbreak...winterboard would still have issues, so this is helping you out in the long run.
    Last edited by xxzone; 07-04-2009 at 11:34 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xxzone For This Useful Post:

PCeasar (07-04-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone GrabYourWeapons's Avatar
    Thanks

Why do people hate so much on this thread? Geez be happy that we have people doing this stuff for us....
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic

Beta software will just screw up your phones. Then who will be laughing? You just bought a brand new phone and it gets boned by beta software created by some guy from the 1.1.x days. Good for you!

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

RC1 was great... RC2 doesn't work for me. It just stays at the Geohot screen forever like xxzone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This one worked a charm where the first did not. I used Vista 64 and was done with JB and Cydia install in less than 3 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by dazzastark View Post

And no one on here cares what is good enough for you. If you choose to support the Dev team, good for you, again...no one cares. Support them, keep waiting for the exact same result you could get with this.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to limppp For This Useful Post:

Crana (07-04-2009), dirtygermankid (07-04-2009), k.nitsua (07-04-2009), PCeasar (07-04-2009), Squeaky369 (07-05-2009)

Thanks

^^ +1
    useful? hit the thanks button!

Yeah I got it to work finally, but I had to restore. Luckily the restore on a 3gs is way faster! Took like a half hour, but now I'm J/B just fine.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Mine is stuck on "running..."

Dunno if it is actually stuck or if it is just taking THAT long. Been going for about 5 minutes. I guess I will leave it be and see how it goes.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Just jailbroke with RC2 on Windows 7 x64 and it went without a hitch. Very happy purplera1n released a jailbreak. He is right, no matter what, Apple will try to block it and they will just have to find a new hole. Its been cat and mouse since the beginning. Though I would like winterboard to work, I just change the icons manually anyways so I don't have to install MobileSubstrate and Winterboard.

Livin the iPhone Life SharpieBandit's Avatar
    Thanks

For people that are getting hung at the Restore screen, I had to hold power and home to get it to restart. After restart, it booted straight into the purplera1n splash screen.
    Steam ID: gentrytj
    Origin ID: gentrytj
    Gamertag: TJ McHoonigan
    PSN ID: TheWyzeMan
    Twitch.TV: TJ_McHoonigan

Thanks

Pandora with Backgrounder enabled = the world is at peace.

that is one thing i was really getting frustrated with at work. before i got my 3G[S] I would stream Pandora at my desk at work from my iPod touch and i could stil text from my blackjack. now that I sold my touch and all i have is one device, everytime someone would text me and i needed to respond the music would die.

now come on winterboard.

RC2 worked without a hitch, installing over RC1 with no issues. Unfortunately, Tricker ThreeG is still not working -- anyone know if it "should" be working following the patch?

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Why?!?!?! What did we do?!?!?!
    To not get a Mac version! Whyyyyyy?!?!?! Lol.

Edit Poseidon... Calm down on the big font. It's gonna be ok I promise.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 07-04-2009 at 11:58 AM.
    iPhone Firmware - 4.1
    Service - AT&T
    Device - iPhone 4 BLACK 16GB

Thanks

Well sharpie's method worked... now I am stuck on installing cydia... it gets about 75% (based on the progress bar) and then stops. I can get out with the home screen and run freeze again but it keeps on sticking at the 75% mark

Interesting... it took two reboots but cydia is now there. LOL
    Last edited by sziklassy; 07-04-2009 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemetal View Post
    This version finally works perfect now on my german vista 32 bit. Thank you.
    Winterboard and everything that works with winterboard is Not working (till now)
    Uh winterboard does not work for me. How did you get it to work? Or are you saying something else here?

Quote Originally Posted by law111 View Post
    To not get a Mac version! Whyyyyyy?!?!?! Lol.
    Someone needs to relax....
    Last edited by shoemocker; 07-04-2009 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Is there a way to delete the "Freeze" app once you are all set?

I don't know if anyone else had this problem but I was having a lot of trouble trying to RE-jailbreak my phone. After the winterboard issue I just restored the phone and left it alone altogether. However later on I decided I really wanted SBSettings back haha, so I decided to jailbreak it again. Or at least tried to.

It would go through the whole process successfully, but after the reboot the Freeze app wouldn't be there. I tried restoring and re-breaking over and over but it still wouldn't show up. But I figured it out. I tried restoring, then jailbreaking the phone BEFORE adding all my data and apps back onto it. Worked like a charm.

So again, if anyone else is having the issue of Freeze not showing up after reboot, try restoring then jailbreaking BEFORE adding all your data back onto the phone.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast