+ Reply
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: purplera1n RC2 out for Win & OSX!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I don't see any reason why it would be harmful to have ultrasn0w on. I'm not getting dropped calls like you guys are experiencing, just slow connection time when i
    Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't see any reason why it would be harmful to have ultrasn0w on. I'm not getting dropped calls like you guys are experiencing, just slow connection time when i restart.

hopefully this competition between geohot and the dev team will result in a real unlocker for 3gs.
    Last edited by foureight84; 07-05-2009 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    Update: I tried to install iRealSMS through Cydia and the phone locked up. Then it went into safe mode after displaying a message that the springboard crashed. I am restoring and re-doing the entire process.

Update #2: Also, I installed Snapture and no picture appeared on screen, only a black screen. I snapped a picture, it made the "camera taking picture sound" but no image was available for review. I have not been keeping up with what apps work through cydia but these two appear so far not to be working correctly for me. We will see after attempt #2.
    Update#3: Successfully jailbroke my 3GS on AT&T. I have not attempted to install Snapature or iRealSMS yet but I was able to install Open SSH with no problem and I began to manually skin my phone's images and sounds (for starters I changed the tock sound to the old school typewriter sound, I would do more tonight but it is late and I am tired). So based on my experience tonight, the Purplera1n method worked for me with no problems. BTW, I used my HP Vista (with SP1) to achieve the jailbreak and I used my MBP to backup everything, so it worked and maintained everything across both computer systems.
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For the people who don't have an AT&T simcard and are stuck on the emergency screen, can use this tutorial to hacktivate the iPhone 3Gs How to Hacktivate your iPhone 3GS after Geohot’s Purplera1n (Jailbreak,Unlock) | iLikeMyiPhone

Thanks to Lukas and iPhonejtag,blogspot.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    Update#3: Successfully jailbroke my 3GS on AT&T. I have not attempted to install Snapature or iRealSMS yet but I was able to install Open SSH with no problem and I began to manually skin my phone's images and sounds (for starters I changed the tock sound to the old school typewriter sound, I would do more tonight but it is late and I am tired). So based on my experience tonight, the Purplera1n method worked for me with no problems. BTW, I used my HP Vista (with SP1) to achieve the jailbreak and I used my MBP to backup everything, so it worked and maintained everything across both computer systems.
    would u happen to have the "youve got mail" or "mail muthaf-cka" caf files or know where to put them?

lol id like to do some sound adjustments myself

Green Apple
    Thanks

flawless, thanks geo.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3gs JB 4 Mac
    Where is the love???

Thanks

Question: if i jb on windows will i still be able to mess around with the phone on my mac later (Devteam release)

Green Apple
    Thanks

this is such bs! people are blaming the tmobile connection problem on purplera1n1 Dev-Team Blog - 3GS -- ultrasn0w style!

Quote Originally Posted by fryfone View Post
    Question: if i jb on windows will i still be able to mess around with the phone on my mac later (Devteam release)
    Yea... Should be fine if you restore it and then use the dev team's tool... when they release it.
    Last edited by foureight84; 07-05-2009 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Got it to work on mine using vista home on my second try. First it stayed locked up in the logo. Then I did a hard reboot and ran it again. Second time iTunes turned on and as soon as I closed iTunes it finished. Now I wish all other apps worked. Anything that has to do with reloading srpingboard it will boot up in safe mode.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    it all worked fine for me even linked up with cydia store nly thing my cytact wont run fix please

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

rc1 and rc2 stuck in plug in to itunes on vista x64, worked perfect for both on vista x32

iPhone? More like MyPhone GrabYourWeapons's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's what my purplera1n log looks like, any suggestions? I X'd out my serial number and imei of course. lol

INFO: welcome to purplera1n for windows
    INFO: loaded dll at CProgram Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\iTunesMobileDevice.dll
    INFO: button clicked
    INFO: internal recovery callback called
    INFO: unregistered normal mode callback
    INFO: go go gadget ra1n
    INFO: said hi
    INFO: sent exp1
    INFO: uploading payload
    INFO: usb file is \\?\USB#VID_05AC&PID_1281#CPID:8920_CPRV:14_CPFM:03_SCEP:02_BDID:00 _ECID:0000032272099D2F_IBFL:01_SRNM:[XXXXXXXXXXXX]_IMEI:[XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]#{ED82A167-D61A-4AF6-9AB6-11E52236C576}\IB0000
    ERROR: usb open failed while sending payload
    ERROR: payload upload failed
    WARN: wtf who called this?
    INFO: global callback finished
    INFO: unused callback called
    INFO: callbacks registered
    INFO: unused callback called

It opens up the image of purplera1n but never does anything else. It makes the disconnect noise and then just sits on the image.....

Guess I'm going to restore, no time before work again. Don't wanna go to work without my phone again.
    Last edited by GrabYourWeapons; 07-05-2009 at 06:21 AM.
    16GB iPhone 3G S⃣ White
    8GB iPhone 3G Black
    30GB iPod Classic

Thanks

Default Tricker3g
    Can anyone verify if it works with 3gs?
    I need it for my Slingbox

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    Can anyone verify if it works with 3gs?
    I need it for my Slingbox
    Tricker ThreeG has crashed Sling both times I've installed it (RC1 and RC2) -- so apparently work still has to be done.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to eballesq For This Useful Post:

wildturkey (07-05-2009)

Thanks

thanks for the quick response....Hope it is fixed soon
    64GB iPhone 5 White

Thanks

Same issue here guys tmobile signal off and on constantly,also when the tmobile signal goes the wifi goes away to =/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shoemocker View Post
    Someone needs to relax....
    +1

This is why we have an ignore list on this forum. I can't believe people who make posts like this will ever have anything useful to post anyway.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Had zero trouble with mine. I'm running Windows 7 RC1 build 7000 on my Macbook Pro. Had to kill purplerain once during the waiting for phone part, all I did was kill the program and then restart it and it was done in about 30 seconds. Works awesome, good call quality, wifi still works, and it's not unlocked. Cydia FLIES on this thing as does Dock.

I've only changed a few icons like the sliders, some sounds and the bands on the top and bottom of the lockscreen. Can't get the top one to disappear. I've been using PhoneView to change my sounds an images and it works flawlessly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil0610 View Post
    Hi Guyz!!! Do you guyz think running Windows on my Mac will work this purple rain? Or just gonna wait for Mac version?
    Worked for me.

Thanks

saurik has been very quiet... does this mean he is busy?