+ Reply
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Jailbreak purplera1n Released! [Windows]

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by southfour T-Mobiles 3G does not work with the iPhone. so what type of internet service are you going to get in there isnt any wifi near?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by southfour View Post
    T-Mobiles 3G does not work with the iPhone.

so what type of internet service are you going to get in there isnt any wifi near?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by knight3131 View Post
    so what type of internet service are you going to get in there isnt any wifi near?
    Edge? I only know that the 3G doesn't work. When the guy from the dev team posted the video showing ultrasn0w (it was on the front page here a while ago) he unlocked and put in a t-mobile sim. He then mentioned that the T-Mobile 3G didn't work on the iPhone.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    As far as backing up and syncing...how does it work with a jailbroken iphone? Should I still back up?

iPhone? More like MyPhone NiteStar's Avatar
    Thanks

That by far was the easiest jailbreak i've done yet. A big THANKS to those that made it possible.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have tried this 3 times, on windows vista home premium sp2, it gets stuck on dfu mode. i've tried restarting purplerain and starting itunes, nothing works, any advice is appreciated thanks!

Thanks

Hello!

I have a question about JB for Iphone 3GS. Is it better to use Dev-Team's redsn0w tool or George Hotz's PurpleRa1n?

I'm not very good at this, so I could use some help! Thank you

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Julia Verdi View Post
    Hello!

I have a question about JB for Iphone 3GS. Is it better to use Dev-Team's redsn0w tool or George Hotz's PurpleRa1n?

I'm not very good at this, so I could use some help! Thank you
    Both of them are based on the same exploit, so to me it doesnt matter. Its just Geohot released Purplera1n first, then the Dev Team released there version of Redsn0w.
    Some people have better luck with one or the other, u choose? Some will say Purple and some will say Redsnow. Trial and error. Its like Mac or PC in my opinion. Hopefully no rants...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lilskaterpunk For This Useful Post:

Julia Verdi (07-14-2009)

Thanks

yea i agree with ya skatepunk. They both do the same job..

Thanks

What can I use for Unlock? Only UltraSn0w or there's something else?

Also, I don't understand this: "Therefore, you should have an activated iPhone before following the guide."

What is "activation" and how can I do it before JB??
    I'm so confused.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I ran purplera1n and everything seemed to go well. The Freeze icon appeared and I ran it to install Cydia. Once it got to the "Finished!" point, I exited out and rebooted my iPhone 3Gs. But Cydia has never appeared. I have done this 5 times now, and still no Cydia. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro View Post
    I ran purplera1n and everything seemed to go well. The Freeze icon appeared and I ran it to install Cydia. Once it got to the "Finished!" point, I exited out and rebooted my iPhone 3Gs. But Cydia has never appeared. I have done this 5 times now, and still no Cydia. Any suggestions?
    Maybe you should try with redsn0w?

Thanks

Openintro: there has to be something your not doing right.. once you jailbreak you have to click the freeze app to install cydia, not sure if thats exactly what you were doing. let me know what happens

Thanks

Turn you're phone off then back on if you have not already. That happened to me too.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Not sure what I'm not doing right. Freeze IS on my phone. I run it, I click to install Cydia, it Downloads, Unpacks, Cleans and rests on Finished!

From there, I exit the application, restart my iPhone....and no Cydia. in fact, I just did all this as I was typing this. I guess I can try with redsn0w, but I find it weird that I got all the way to FREEZE being on the phone. That means it's jailbroken doesn't it?

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Not sure what I'm not doing right. Freeze IS on my phone. I run it, I click to install Cydia, it Downloads, Unpacks, Cleans and rests on Finished!

From there, I exit the application, restart my iPhone....and no Cydia. in fact, I just did all this as I was typing this. I guess I can try with redsn0w, but I find it weird that I got all the way to FREEZE being on the phone. That means it's jailbroken doesn't it?

Am I missing something?
    ya, that is strange.. Try giving redsnow, or even purple snow a shot. still bizarre that you can get so far and still have this issue

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yea, I was thinking redsn0w was my next option....

I wonder if I should just completely wipe my iPhone back to factory and try to purplera1n it from there. I had already restored my backup to get all my data back on the phone. Can I still do a restore on it, after purplera1n, and it stay jailbroken?

I wonder if there is an issue running redsn0w after purplera1n (I ran RC2a)? Since Freeze is still on my phone!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Everytime I try purplerain it sits at the wait for reboot screen with the guy holding the iphone for ages & doesnt do anything else.
    If I try redsnow then it doesnt do anything after the hold down the home button part.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

You do have a 3GS right?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yup brand new got it this week.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i tryt in windows 7 stuck on recovery i think i wait to dev team has finisht job