Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Jailbreak purplera1n Released! [Windows]

Everything seem to work fine, I can make and receive calls,after I installed UltrasnOw now the WIFI is not pick up signal. Anyone out there has a quick fix!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

HOLY COW! I finally decided I'd jailbreak again. It took less than 2 minutes and jailbreaking has never been any simpler.

Thanks a TON geohot!
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

how stupid am I, a re-boot was all it took!!

I am also having a problem using freeze to install cydia

I guess i missed the step to reboot, cydia is installed.. Thank you very much!!!!
    Last edited by Buddylove0369; 07-05-2009 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

anyone having problem after jailbreaking like itunes & appstore dont work? Because everytime I open this apps its going to load for a sec. then it will go back to springboard..
    "When You PushEd on hackers their gonna push back 10x as HARD"

sTeve stp smokin that apple and free my iphone

Default Fix for anyone stuck in recovery from Winterboard
    Purplera1n worked flawlessly. I installed icy, SBS settings and all my favorite apps, including Winterboard...thats when my phone got stuck on the apple logo. Thought i was f'd till i ssh'd into my phone, deleted the winterboard app,(you can still access the phone while in recovery mode) and the phone came up as the folder was deleting-almost instantly. Hope this helps

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xportpnoy View Post
    anyone having problem after jailbreaking like itunes & appstore dont work? Because everytime I open this apps its going to load for a sec. then it will go back to springboard..
    you installed Tricker3D or that voip program. Uninstall those and youll be ok

my apologies to geo for saying that purplerain sucks. its obv i just didnt take the time to read the helpful hints my modmyi peers left. it was my voip app that was making my phone run slow and apps not open. SORRY GEOHOT!

i was a bt hestitant at first about using this JB simply becuz it didnt have the rubber stamp of the DT, but honestly woke up this morning and thought **** it... 5 mins later am now downloading my favourite apps... Geo > All

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

I did the jailbreak yesterday and since then my battery has been draining a lot faster then normal. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks.

A note to anyone:

The normal hard reset (home + power) causes scrambled icons on some phones including mine.

Just do a normal power cycle if you need a reset.

works fine for me on Vista 32bit. Hacked appstore apps dont work or winterboard so seems a little pointless. Dont you need a modded mobileinstallation.bak for the appstore games and apps though?

Icy crashes too. It worked at first.

Step in the right direction
    Last edited by itstheyoo; 07-06-2009 at 11:05 AM.

I did this and it worked in about 75 seconds with no problems. Win XP Pro installed on c: itunes was open and I was drinking coffee.

I haven't been back since page 17 or so, is there any point in re-jailbreaking with the second release?
    Thanks
    rand0m
    iPhone 3GS purplera1ned.

Default iphone 3gs in india
    hi i m from india how do i activate iphone from here
    coz goehot (makeitra1n) works only on pre activated ones

someone help
    i need to activate iphone and network unlock it

i had some probs on vista x64, but none on xp

Quote Originally Posted by ahmgsk View Post
    hi i m from india how do i activate iphone from here
    coz goehot (makeitra1n) works only on pre activated ones

someone help
    i need to activate iphone and network unlock it
    hacktivate it, search google i dont feel like finding it for you.... too tired
    Last edited by nhoj_yelbom; 07-07-2009 at 01:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17. The Following User Says Thank You to nhoj_yelbom For This Useful Post:

ahmgsk (07-07-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by nhoj_yelbom View Post
    i had some probs on vista x64, but none on xp

hacktivate it, search google i dont feel like finding it for you.... too tired
    my iphone got stuck at apple screen
    followed this tuts @
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...-tutorial.html

Quote Originally Posted by rand0m-her0 View Post
    I haven't been back since page 17 or so, is there any point in re-jailbreaking with the second release?
    Thanks
    rand0m
    Yes, adds kernel patches for MobileSubtrate/Winterboard to work, fixes some codesigning issues.

Should be able to run RC2 over top of RC1 jailbreak, but may require restore.
    Starlight Computer Wizardry
    Pocket-sized Development
    Follow me on twitter: @NetMage

I was able to jb my 32 GB iphone 3gs with purplera1n, but when i put the T-mobile sim card i don't have internet service. How do i get the #G service to work with T-mobile on my iphone or I will only be able to get edge internet service?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by knight3131 View Post
    I was able to jb my 32 GB iphone 3gs with purplera1n, but when i put the T-mobile sim card i don't have internet service. How do i get the #G service to work with T-mobile on my iphone or I will only be able to get edge internet service?

T-Mobiles 3G does not work with the iPhone.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast