Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Jailbreak purplera1n Released! [Windows]

I use Windows XP Pro SP3 bootcamp on my macbook air Rev B and it worked flawlessly my WIfi wasnt working at first but later on in the day it just started working again. im 100% jailbroken and unlocked with push notifications Thank you for the rain

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

mine has now been stuck at the boot logo for 10 minutes. (Not during jailbreak) i restarted and it hasnt booted up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by southfour View Post
    mine has now been stuck at the boot logo for 10 minutes. (Not during jailbreak) i restarted and it hasnt booted up yet.
    Yikes, it may finish booting but I'd start a dfu restore after a few more minutes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Araya213 View Post
    Yikes, it may finish booting but I'd start a dfu restore after a few more minutes.
    Im doing that now. I was just about to go bed and watch a movie... now i have to wait for 3.0 to download.

Im going to wait for the dev jailbreak or a non beta purplera1n

I spent all day downloading packadges and making my phone the way i wanted it... all for nothing

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Got mine done. Ran purplera1n, while it said 'waiting for reboot' I had to restart the application, at which point it worked perfectly.

Brilliant, easy jailbreak.

Thank you very much GeoHot.

categories works flawlessly for me. they load within 1-2 seconds. it doesn't conflict with cydia either

Quote Originally Posted by m0stw8nt3d View Post
    categories works flawlessly for me. they load within 1-2 seconds. it doesn't conflict with cydia either
    Lucky guy!

I unlocked my phone with ultrasn0w and i do notice a few slight problems. if you have carrier set to automatic instead of t-mobile, the phone doesn't seem to want to lock into tmobile. you will end up losing connection all the time. i don't know if 3g owners have this problem. but best thing to do is manually set the carrier.

Remember, when ur at the "done, waiting to reboot stage" it might take too long, ud think it dosn't work, but it does...all you need to do is restart the program and itll continue.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Ok, I know this is going to sound like an incredibly stupid question...but can I restore from my back up in iTunes after this? or do I have to restore from my back up first, then jailbreak it?

Thanks

Iphone 3gs After Jailbreak

obviously looks a bit nicer when smaller like on the iphone itself cause of the pixels lol...

Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    Ok, I know this is going to sound like an incredibly stupid question...but can I restore from my back up in iTunes after this? or do I have to restore from my back up first, then jailbreak it?
    atfer youve done the jailbreak, youre good to go w/ one of your phone backups and get all ur playlists, contacts, music etc back

Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy View Post

Iphone 3gs After Jailbreak

obviously looks a bit nicer when smaller like on the iphone itself cause of the pixels lol...
    pretty cool, i just couldnt go through the hassle of replacing and renaming every icon though

but boy do i miss winterboard
    Last edited by bobright; 07-04-2009 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

13. The Following User Says Thank You to bobright For This Useful Post:

1hihum (07-04-2009)

omg sweet can't wait to do this thx

I wonder because this is my first time ever working with jb, could someone point me in the direction on how to change my text message alerts as the ones they have are very boring

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z28kid View Post
    I wonder because this is my first time ever working with jb, could someone point me in the direction on how to change my text message alerts as the ones they have are very boring
    use program called iphone browser
    ontop there is a place called
    goto location

go to UI sounds

sms-recieve1.caf - sms-recieve6.caf is the 6 txt ringtones. replace them with your own ringtones you want, make sure you convert your ringtones too CAF (or aif file and rename it too caf)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to finalfantasy For This Useful Post:

z28kid (07-04-2009)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to monkey3200 For This Useful Post:

Cer0 (07-04-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by monkey3200 View Post
    RC2 is out
    win7 rc2? ya that came out June 11th... thats almost a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by finalfantasy View Post
    win7 rc2? ya that came out June 11th... thats almost a month ago.
    purplera1n RC2, check geohot's twitter

Thanks

oh that lol. cool. ya well im not gonna bother.. not until i hear they have released a version that works great with winterboard. till then... im happy with the JB i have now that works find with everything else

That's true but all Saurik has to do now is update winterboard. On RC1 there was no one of running it since it didn't have certain patches

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast