+ Reply
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Jailbreak purplera1n Released! [Windows]

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by SPS Z28... you need to go to your home screen and go into the SETTINGS. Once in settings, scroll down to "CyDelete". Once there, you will be
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SPS View Post
    Z28... you need to go to your home screen and go into the SETTINGS. Once in settings, scroll down to "CyDelete". Once there, you will be able to change the slider for Non-Cydia deletion. Once that option has been changed go back home into wiggle mode and you should be good to go!
    yea, i found it shortly after i made the post, now i did have a crash happen with one game installed tap mania and then i installed xgps. I was moving my icons in wiggle mode and then crash safe mode, i lost my wiggle now and wonder how i can get it back. I can still delete icons and such but no wiggle

Thanks

Here I sit, all broken hearted. Cydia took a **** and I feel retarded.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bbillh77's Avatar
    Thanks

Took a while for me to find my XP machine I found it by my VCR the good news is it works thanks.

Thanks

Ran the jailbreak on mine...worked like a charm...had to reboot to get Cydia to show...Installed SBSettings and it got stuck at Restart Springboard...had to hard reboot and it worked ok...

I may be asking this question again, but skimming through all the post is a little much at this point with 10 pages so far...Is the username and password for SSH still the same as before?? root/apline??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcrod73 View Post
    I may be asking this question again, but skimming through all the post is a little much at this point with 10 pages so far...Is the username and password for SSH still the same as before?? root/apline??
    Yes!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Araya213 For This Useful Post:

jcrod73 (07-03-2009), Kiserai (07-04-2009)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

You could quit spamming the video of yourself. We have your number to call you lol. This is the second time you posted it and we don't care.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    NOT TRUE!!! Before I ever used winterboard (or even summerboard from 1.x days) I simply changed every icon in the respective app's folder. I changed my carrier logos, wifi icons, signal strength, recharging battery, individial app. icons, etc. I simply used one of the guides I found on this website and found the location of EVERY single icon.png, sounds, etc and simply changed the stock image/sound with my own. So, I know it can be done (oh, and I simply SSHed into my phone and change the files)
    NO your wrong. I know you can change icons, but you CAN NOT change the background. There is a way to make an overlay icon that fills the background and in that you leave transparent holes cut out of it in order for the icons to show through( back from the 1x days) however this is a pain and it would be easier to wait for winterboard. Trust me I have been around since the first iphone and have made plenty of these old themes and new on this site.
    Last edited by mgregor; 07-03-2009 at 11:39 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Araya213 View Post
    Yes!
    THANKS!!! I LOVE JAILBREAKING!!! THANKS GEO!!! Now i can let my hair grow back in...

"Cross over children. All are welcome. All welcome. Go into the Light (purplera1n). There is peace and serenity in the Light (purplrra1n)." ...LOL

Anyone know what movie...HINT: it was from 1982!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bbillh77 View Post
    Took a while for me to find my XP machine I found it by my VCR the good news is it works thanks.
    LOL, same here.

Luckily my wife runs XP on hers.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Poltergiest

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jcrod73 View Post
    THANKS!!! I LOVE JAILBREAKING!!! THANKS GEO!!! Now i can let my hair grow back in...

"Cross over children. All are welcome. All welcome. Go into the Light (purplera1n). There is peace and serenity in the Light (purplrra1n)." ...LOL

Anyone know what movie...HINT: it was from 1982!!!
    Theeeiiir heeere

Hey, I was wondering if the themes for SBSettings would still work. I don't know if they use winterboard, since they don't show up in winterboard, but rather in SBSettings. Anybody try it?
    Last edited by 1hihum; 07-03-2009 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1hihum View Post
    Theeeiiir heeere

Hey, I was wondering if the themes for SBSettings would still work. I don't know if they use winterboard, since they don't show up in winterboard, but rather in SBSettings. Anybody try it?
    Yeah, they work!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Araya213 For This Useful Post:

1hihum (07-04-2009)

Thanks

This video was just made and posted on youtube an hour ago, first iphone 3gs to be jb and unlocked was a while back. stop posting this, have a good day.
    useful? hit the thanks button!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Btw. Does it change the boot logo? Can we still keep the apple or do we have to go with whatevers packaged on purplera1n?

Also I've heard reports that you cannot restore to a normal 3.0 ie revert back to a normal state. Is this ture?

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone grimlock1's Avatar
    Thanks

Default jailbreak
    This is great but when winterboard works then I will jailbreak my Iphone I just want themesssssssssssssssssss

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey all. Love the jailbreak installed no problem. Only thing I am having problems with is if I hit any of the volume buttons it sends my phone into safe mode. Anyone else having this issue.

JM

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by comthre3 View Post
    Btw. Does it change the boot logo? Can we still keep the apple or do we have to go with whatevers packaged on purplera1n?

Also I've heard reports that you cannot restore to a normal 3.0 ie revert back to a normal state. Is this ture?

Thanks
    That is NOT true. Ive already restored and rejailbroke once just to check.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by comthre3 View Post
    Completely untrue, you can restore to normal 3.0 easily.

On a related note, DON'T INSTALL CATEGORIES. It breaks Cydia and still takes time to load folders, it's faster but not fast enough. Categories is a great program but it should have been optimized a long time ago.
    Last edited by Araya213; 07-04-2009 at 12:51 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

wow after 30 minutes on my vista machine to no avail, it took a whole 3 minutes total on my xp...
    if you have xp, dont bother trying to run it on vista. while there are work arounds, xp worked flawlessly.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Works like a charm for me. First try I got hang on the recovery mode unplug my iphone, closed purplera1n app, plug the iphone in again, open the app and jb again. It works so fast. Great job. This is what I am dying for. Thank you very much.