Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Jailbreak purplera1n Released! [Windows]

Thanks

It's back to the Old School way, before SummerBoard and WinterBoard!!!

Just took about 1.5 hours to finish! lol!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Simtech For This Useful Post:

reeko (07-03-2009)

Thanks

I am going to see what happens after 3.1. if he ups and leaves like he did before and leaves all the hacking to people like the dev team then we are back to square one. if he sticks around and JB's 3.1 then ill bung $20 odd his way.

Categories works aswell btw, testing tricker3g now
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    thanks! I kept typing in the number 5
    Thats jokes so did i.

Thanks

i too plan on donating soon.

BTW it's been reported that tricker3G doesn't work.

the only thing that prevents me from JB'ing is ultrasn0w. i want to use it, im dying to...but i hear of wifi errors and other hiccups...i dont know if it safe to do this yet

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hydroabiscuit View Post
    the only thing that prevents me from JB'ing is ultrasn0w. i want to use it, im dying to...but i hear of wifi errors and other hiccups...i dont know if it safe to do this yet
    even if there is you could restore or use it with hiccups and wait for updates.not the end of the world.

Suck it up, Sucker

does anyone know if there will be a sticky on how to jb once the dev teams makes their release? like i said im a new guy to jb and would like to have a easy guide to follow and i was just stating how simple it would be to like make a sticky on how to back up, restore if need be and do a jb. Coming from M3 we had a bible with all the basic mods that people would pretty much ask how to all the time.. Make me feel welcome here guys right now i'm not feeling it. be sure to help a new guy out

Ok what does backgrounder do now??? U can run games and search safari?

This is news to me

While it's great this has been released, it's not a full jailbreak (meaning some things like Winterboard don't work). I'll wait for the full jailbreak...
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

what is *******??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z28kid View Post
    does anyone know if there will be a sticky on how to jb once the dev teams makes their release? like i said im a new guy to jb and would like to have a easy guide to follow and i was just stating how simple it would be to like make a sticky on how to back up, restore if need be and do a jb. Coming from M3 we had a bible with all the basic mods that people would pretty much ask how to all the time.. Make me feel welcome here guys right now i'm not feeling it. be sure to help a new guy out
    This is the way things where before the geohot left and the dev team took over, spoon feeding the jailbreaks to everyone.

The best place for guides if you aren't sure is iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PurpleRa1n (Windows)

I use them if im ever stuck.

And honestly, it sounds harsh, but the only real way to learn is by just following the guides and picking it up. it's not that difficult.

BACKGROUNDER

At the moment you can only background one application but im sure in the future it will be more.
    Example of using backgrounder: your playing a game, and get an email. Usually you would have to press home (closing the game), check your email, then start the game again. With backgrounder if you hold down the home button for a couple of seconds it puts you back to the home screen but leaves the app running in the 'background'

The 3GS has allot more memory than the 3g so backgrounder is really really useful now IMO. I never really used it before.

To stop backgrounder open the app again and hold the home button for a couple of seconds or use sbsettings to kill the process.

Suck it up, Sucker

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reeko For This Useful Post:

bobright (07-03-2009), jerrykid323 (07-03-2009), z28kid (07-03-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    While it's great this has been released, it's not a full jailbreak (meaning some things like Winterboard don't work). I'll wait for the full jailbreak...
    well... you're wrong technically. it's just that winterboard doesn't work... but whatever.

I tried once and don't feel like messing around until Winterboard is working and patched up. The best part of JB!!

Thanks

can i put my "free games" back on or will they work?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equlizer View Post
    I managed to take the ludicrously priced 5.99 DOOm app for a test drive on my 3GS without any issues if thats what you mean.

It's now deleted, piece o' crap. Knew i wouldn't like the rail part of it. Sell out app.

But we know the rules about even hinting at that type of thing on here so ....
    Last edited by reeko; 07-03-2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Suck it up, Sucker

Awesome but to many problems right now, ill hold off until Geohot fixes them or else there is another jailbreak release?
    Thanks for the post!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

not sure yet but im downloading some ipa files too find out.

Haven't seen this asked, but I'd LOVE to remove the Freeze app now since it's useless after you install Cydia.

This jb reminds me of the day 2.0 came out. Apps that weren't compatible just needed to be updated. It's just a part of this whole business. You definitely need patience when doing this, and those of you that never had the fun of jailbreaking 1.02 on the 2G have NO idea what a huge amount of patience it took to do the process. Nothing is instant, so tricker3G (as an example) will get update soon enough, then we can all enjoy our Slingapp over 3G again. For now, baby steps.

Steps to remove the Freeze app if possible would greatly be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    This is the way things where before the geohot left and the dev team took over, spoon feeding the jailbreaks to everyone.

The best place for guides if you aren't sure is iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PurpleRa1n (Windows)

I use them if im ever stuck.

And honestly, it sounds harsh, but the only real way to learn is by just following the guides and picking it up. it's not that difficult.

BACKGROUNDER

At the moment you can only background one application but im sure in the future it will be more.
    Example of using backgrounder: your playing a game, and get an email. Usually you would have to press home (closing the game), check your email, then start the game again. With backgrounder if you hold down the home button for a couple of seconds it puts you back to the home screen but leaves the app running in the 'background'

The 3GS has allot more memory than the 3g so backgrounder is really really useful now IMO. I never really used it before.

To stop backgrounder open the app again and hold the home button for a couple of seconds or use sbsettings to kill the process.
    Thank you and yes i know the only way to learn is by following the guides, when i was on m3 i pretty much never had to ask a question because I could follow the guide that anyone could figure out because it didnt have words that people didnt know and if it did it would explain step by step what it was and how or what it may have did. Thanks for the guide and I hope there will be one for the official release of jb like i stated before

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes i tried with ********** and works just like a charm

Playing Doom Resurrection now lol
    Last edited by finalfantasy; 07-03-2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Ok, tried tricker3G.

Something is up because with it installed the itunes, appstore + slingplayer app all quit to the home screen after launch.

Uninstalled it, resprung and everythings working fine again. Apple must have fixed that little loop hole.

I'm thinking slingplayer over 3G may not be a reality on the 3GS

Suck it up, Sucker

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast