Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 599

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone 3GS Jailbreak purplera1n Released! [Windows]

  1. #221
    Livin the iPhone Life Simtech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    2,387
    Thanks
    105
    Thanked 304 Times in 276 Posts

    It's back to the Old School way, before SummerBoard and WinterBoard!!!


    Just took about 1.5 hours to finish! lol!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Simtech For This Useful Post:

    reeko (07-03-2009)

  3. #222
    Livin the iPhone Life reeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,564
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 166 Times in 136 Posts

    I am going to see what happens after 3.1. if he ups and leaves like he did before and leaves all the hacking to people like the dev team then we are back to square one. if he sticks around and JB's 3.1 then ill bung $20 odd his way.

    Categories works aswell btw, testing tricker3g now
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine


    LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

    Suck it up, Sucker

  4. #223
    My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I live in a house
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 44 Times in 28 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
    thanks! I kept typing in the number 5
    Thats jokes so did i.

  5. #224
    iPhoneaholic LSZ33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Killeen, Texas, United States
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 30 Times in 24 Posts

    i too plan on donating soon.

    BTW it's been reported that tricker3G doesn't work.

  6. #225
    the only thing that prevents me from JB'ing is ultrasn0w. i want to use it, im dying to...but i hear of wifi errors and other hiccups...i dont know if it safe to do this yet

  7. #226
    Livin the iPhone Life reeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,564
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 166 Times in 136 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hydroabiscuit View Post
    the only thing that prevents me from JB'ing is ultrasn0w. i want to use it, im dying to...but i hear of wifi errors and other hiccups...i dont know if it safe to do this yet
    even if there is you could restore or use it with hiccups and wait for updates.not the end of the world.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine


    LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

    Suck it up, Sucker

  8. #227
    does anyone know if there will be a sticky on how to jb once the dev teams makes their release? like i said im a new guy to jb and would like to have a easy guide to follow and i was just stating how simple it would be to like make a sticky on how to back up, restore if need be and do a jb. Coming from M3 we had a bible with all the basic mods that people would pretty much ask how to all the time.. Make me feel welcome here guys right now i'm not feeling it. be sure to help a new guy out

  9. #228
    Ok what does backgrounder do now??? U can run games and search safari?

    This is news to me

  10. #229
    While it's great this has been released, it's not a full jailbreak (meaning some things like Winterboard don't work). I'll wait for the full jailbreak...
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

  11. #230
    what is *******??

  12. #231
    Livin the iPhone Life reeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,564
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 166 Times in 136 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by z28kid View Post
    does anyone know if there will be a sticky on how to jb once the dev teams makes their release? like i said im a new guy to jb and would like to have a easy guide to follow and i was just stating how simple it would be to like make a sticky on how to back up, restore if need be and do a jb. Coming from M3 we had a bible with all the basic mods that people would pretty much ask how to all the time.. Make me feel welcome here guys right now i'm not feeling it. be sure to help a new guy out
    This is the way things where before the geohot left and the dev team took over, spoon feeding the jailbreaks to everyone.

    The best place for guides if you aren't sure is iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PurpleRa1n (Windows)

    I use them if im ever stuck.

    And honestly, it sounds harsh, but the only real way to learn is by just following the guides and picking it up. it's not that difficult.


    BACKGROUNDER

    At the moment you can only background one application but im sure in the future it will be more.
    Example of using backgrounder: your playing a game, and get an email. Usually you would have to press home (closing the game), check your email, then start the game again. With backgrounder if you hold down the home button for a couple of seconds it puts you back to the home screen but leaves the app running in the 'background'

    The 3GS has allot more memory than the 3g so backgrounder is really really useful now IMO. I never really used it before.

    To stop backgrounder open the app again and hold the home button for a couple of seconds or use sbsettings to kill the process.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine


    LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

    Suck it up, Sucker

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reeko For This Useful Post:

    bobright (07-03-2009), jerrykid323 (07-03-2009), z28kid (07-03-2009)

  14. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    While it's great this has been released, it's not a full jailbreak (meaning some things like Winterboard don't work). I'll wait for the full jailbreak...
    well... you're wrong technically. it's just that winterboard doesn't work... but whatever.

    I tried once and don't feel like messing around until Winterboard is working and patched up. The best part of JB!!

  15. #233
    iPhoneaholic equlizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    can i put my "free games" back on or will they work?

  16. #234
    Livin the iPhone Life reeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,564
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 166 Times in 136 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by equlizer View Post
    can i put my "free games" back on or will they work?
    I managed to take the ludicrously priced 5.99 DOOm app for a test drive on my 3GS without any issues if thats what you mean.

    It's now deleted, piece o' crap. Knew i wouldn't like the rail part of it. Sell out app.

    But we know the rules about even hinting at that type of thing on here so ....
    Last edited by reeko; 07-03-2009 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine


    LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

    Suck it up, Sucker

  17. #235
    Awesome but to many problems right now, ill hold off until Geohot fixes them or else there is another jailbreak release?
    Thanks for the post!


  18. #236
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by equlizer View Post
    can i put my "free games" back on or will they work?
    not sure yet but im downloading some ipa files too find out.

  19. #237
    Haven't seen this asked, but I'd LOVE to remove the Freeze app now since it's useless after you install Cydia.

    This jb reminds me of the day 2.0 came out. Apps that weren't compatible just needed to be updated. It's just a part of this whole business. You definitely need patience when doing this, and those of you that never had the fun of jailbreaking 1.02 on the 2G have NO idea what a huge amount of patience it took to do the process. Nothing is instant, so tricker3G (as an example) will get update soon enough, then we can all enjoy our Slingapp over 3G again. For now, baby steps.

    Steps to remove the Freeze app if possible would greatly be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

  20. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    This is the way things where before the geohot left and the dev team took over, spoon feeding the jailbreaks to everyone.

    The best place for guides if you aren't sure is iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PurpleRa1n (Windows)

    I use them if im ever stuck.

    And honestly, it sounds harsh, but the only real way to learn is by just following the guides and picking it up. it's not that difficult.


    BACKGROUNDER

    At the moment you can only background one application but im sure in the future it will be more.
    Example of using backgrounder: your playing a game, and get an email. Usually you would have to press home (closing the game), check your email, then start the game again. With backgrounder if you hold down the home button for a couple of seconds it puts you back to the home screen but leaves the app running in the 'background'

    The 3GS has allot more memory than the 3g so backgrounder is really really useful now IMO. I never really used it before.

    To stop backgrounder open the app again and hold the home button for a couple of seconds or use sbsettings to kill the process.
    Thank you and yes i know the only way to learn is by following the guides, when i was on m3 i pretty much never had to ask a question because I could follow the guide that anyone could figure out because it didnt have words that people didnt know and if it did it would explain step by step what it was and how or what it may have did. Thanks for the guide and I hope there will be one for the official release of jb like i stated before

  21. #239
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by equlizer View Post
    can i put my "free games" back on or will they work?
    Yes i tried with ********** and works just like a charm

    Playing Doom Resurrection now lol
    Last edited by finalfantasy; 07-03-2009 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  22. #240
    Livin the iPhone Life reeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,564
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 166 Times in 136 Posts

    Ok, tried tricker3G.

    Something is up because with it installed the itunes, appstore + slingplayer app all quit to the home screen after launch.

    Uninstalled it, resprung and everythings working fine again. Apple must have fixed that little loop hole.

    I'm thinking slingplayer over 3G may not be a reality on the 3GS
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine


    LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

    Suck it up, Sucker

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •