Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Capture Your iPhone 3GS iBEC and iBSS on Mac

Thanks

Arrow How to Capture Your iPhone 3GS iBEC and iBSS on Mac
    This guide will help you to get some important iBEC and iBSS files for your iPhone 3GS which will be required for jailbreak once it is released.

Things you Need:

We recommned you to backup before following the steps.

Follow the steps below to get the files:

Step One:

Click and Hold the Finder icon in the dock and select Go to Folder.. from the pop-up options.

Step Two:

Type "/Users/'your username'/Library/Caches/Cleanup At Startup" in the pop-up box and click the 'Go' button. (Remove '' part from 'your username'). This will open the 'Cleanup At Startup' folder in the Finder window. Leave this window open.

Step Three:

Create a new folder, 'MOST IMPORTANT FILES IN THE WORLD' in this example.

Step Four:

Open iTunes and connect your iPhone 3GS to the computer in DFU Mode. Select it from the list of devices in the left sidebar. Hold option and click Restore button. Navigate to the iPhone firmware you downloaded before, select it and click 'Open'.

Your iPhone will now begin restoring to the 3.0 firmware. You will be warned that this will erase your phone. Click the 'Restore' button to continue.

Step Five:

When the restore is in progress check the "/Users/'your username'/Library/Caches/Cleanup At Startup" folder you opened before. A new folder will appear with a name similar to 'iPhone Temporary Files.noindex'. When the folder appears, select it, and press Command+c to copy it to the clipboard.

Open the 'MOST IMPORTANT FILES IN THE WORLD' folder you made before and paste 'iPhone Temporary Files.noindex' there. This will make a copy of your unique iBEC and iBSS.

Make sure you finish these steps before the restore is completed and you're done!

All the credit for the technique goes to DevTeam

P.S. Thanks to Melech518 for all the screenshots!

UPDATE: If you have already obtained a USB Dump from Purplera1n.com, no need to follow the guide

UPDATE 2: Seems that Purplera1n just gives iBSS so if you want iBEC as well (can't restore to totally stock 3.0 without it), follow this method as well.
    Last edited by sayam; 07-02-2009 at 02:08 AM.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sayam For This Useful Post:

aboudiiiiii (07-01-2009), Ahmedito (07-02-2009), blueslate (07-02-2009), brandon202215 (07-02-2009), cushcalc (07-02-2009), edssti (07-04-2009), Girrelephant Master (09-10-2009), knickboy87 (07-05-2009), rolandgabor (07-02-2009), sadamx (07-04-2009), SirDude (07-02-2009)

first

If we have our ECID code from purplera1n do we still need to do this
    Last edited by gatorslax20; 07-01-2009 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gatorslax20 For This Useful Post:

gameviper (07-01-2009)

Thanks for all the credit Sayam and posting my guide. I hope this will help a lot of you with obtaining the iBEC and iBSS in one try. I will be around if anyone gets stuck..
    Last edited by Melech518; 07-02-2009 at 12:14 AM.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

blueslate (07-02-2009), brandon202215 (07-02-2009), cushcalc (07-02-2009), DaCodec (07-02-2009), DuBCaDiLLaC (07-04-2009), nukykola (07-02-2009), slayorktc (07-02-2009)

Thanks

10 char limit
    Last edited by sayam; 07-01-2009 at 11:17 PM.

ok im puzzled, your guide says to do the copy from restore mode. others have said it must be dont through DFU only...other say both...what do i do? and as a followup, if i have the ECID, do i need to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by gatorslax20 View Post
    first

If we have our ECID code from purplera1n do we still need to do this
    I am curious about this too. I did the ECID and purplera1n process... do I still need to do this ALSO? Or is this a new technique?

Quote Originally Posted by hydroabiscuit View Post
    ok im puzzled, your guide says to do the copy from restore mode. others have said it must be dont through DFU only...other say both...what do i do? and as a followup, if i have the ECID, do i need to do this?
    This is the simple way to do all of the above. You do not need to do both DFU and Restore. When you use the restore option or the dfu option the same files are created in the "Cleanup At Startup" folder. This folder contains ALL of the files needed!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

slayorktc (07-02-2009)

Still get you iBSS and iBEC just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by royalnewjersey View Post
    I am curious about this too. I did the ECID and purplera1n process... do I still need to do this ALSO? Or is this a new technique?

No you do not need to do this according to some, but i think it is smart to do considering the Dev Team will be implementing this in their JB. Plus purplera1n will only give you the iBSS and no iBEC
    Last edited by Melech518; 07-02-2009 at 02:20 AM.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

coolcuts (07-02-2009), crtausche (07-02-2009), rolandgabor (07-01-2009), slayorktc (07-02-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Just to be on the safe side yes
    in an earlier post, i got my ECID dump, when my phone rebooted into regular mode by accident and connected to itunes in regular mode. it said a dialog of "waiting for activation", and i immediately unplugged it all nervous. Oddly though, the screen on itunes just showed me the registration screen.

Yet, expecting the "plug-into-itunes" screen, instead i got the regular "slide to unlock" screen...with springboard and all, the service icon said "no service" obviously because of the stock ATT sim inside" so i left it in airplane mode.

My question is...if i already have my ECID, AND i get the iBEC/iBSS dump, could i theoretically get the springboard after restore, or would i be stuck on the "slide for emergency" screen instead? Mind you, i'm a t-mobile customer, not AT&T

in an earlier post, i got my ECID dump, when my phone rebooted into regular mode by accident and connected to itunes in regular mode. it said a dialog of "waiting for activation", and i immediately unplugged it all nervous. Oddly though, the screen on itunes just showed me the registration screen.

Yet, expecting the "plug-into-itunes" screen, instead i got the regular "slide to unlock" screen...with springboard and all, the service icon said "no service" obviously because of the stock ATT sim inside" so i left it in airplane mode.

My question is...if i already have my ECID, AND i get the iBEC/iBSS dump, could i theoretically get the springboard after restore, or would i be stuck on the "slide for emergency" screen instead? Mind you, i'm a t-mobile customer, not AT&T
    I am a Tmo customer as well!
    It is safe to keep the phone plugged in. Nothing will happen. You will get right back to the springboard after the restore. The waiting to activate is just your itunes recognizing the ATT sim in the phone and unlocking the spring board.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

eyefone4949 (07-01-2009), royalnewjersey (07-01-2009), slayorktc (07-02-2009)

previously known as iPhoneman2K, iphoneman76 iPhoneMuscle's Avatar
    Thanks

It's tried and proven... GREAT WORK!

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    I am a Tmo customer as well!
    It is safe to keep the phone plugged in. Nothing will happen. You will get right back to the springboard after the restore. The waiting to activate is just your itunes recognizing the ATT sim in the phone and unlocking the spring board.
    then i will try (after i get some sleep first, lol), then report back with my findings
    Last edited by hydroabiscuit; 07-01-2009 at 11:14 PM. Reason: ack, typo! lol

Thanks

Seems that Purplera1n just gives iBSS so if you want iBEC as well (can't restore to totally stock 3.0 without it), follow this method as well.
    Last edited by sayam; 07-02-2009 at 02:09 AM.

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't have the "Cleanup At Startup" folder so i create it and followed the instructions and I have the files.
    never heard of the "Cleanup At Startup folder" before.
    Last edited by LGgeek; 07-01-2009 at 11:39 PM.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Ok, question........I was about to buy a 3GS but I did not win it big in Vegas. My question is should I buy a 3GS now or wait. I have the money but like most, I was gonna wait until the jailbreak was released before buying one. But with 3.1 FW approaching, or it appears that way, I was wondering if I should wait or just buy one this weekend. Thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    I don't have a Users/myusername/Library/Caches/Cleanup At Startup folder , so what should I do create it ?

is it hidden ?
    Users/myusername/Library/Caches/Cleanup At Startup

myusername should be the username on your computer
    Mine is Rosco's for example...

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    Ok, question........I was about to buy a 3GS but I did not win it big in Vegas. My question is should I buy a 3GS now or wait. I have the money but like most, I was gonna wait until the jailbreak was released before buying one. But with 3.1 FW approaching, or it appears that way, I was wondering if I should wait or just buy one this weekend. Thoughts??
    Buy this weekend
    Last edited by Melech518; 07-01-2009 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

LGgeek (07-02-2009)

Can this process be done on a crappy PC?
    If so, is it really that different?
    Thanks,
    CHR!S

Any sign of a windows guide?

I havent tried on PC but I am assuming the Cleanup At Startup folder is somewhere on windows as well..

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast