+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Capture Your iPhone 3GS iBEC and iBSS on Mac

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
/yawn So now because I was a WM developer prior to the iPhone coming out I'm 50 y/o? haha k. Good one. Did ya get that off a Mr. Bean
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

/yawn

So now because I was a WM developer prior to the iPhone coming out I'm 50 y/o? haha k. Good one. Did ya get that off a Mr. Bean episode?

I appreciate your constant attempts to humor me with your weak Internet cliche's. It's actually entertaining.

Your last comment mentioning your cawk is a clear hint at Projection. I'd talk to someone about that. Maybe this is why the British like to say they "smoke fags" instead of cigerettes. hahahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

Thanks

And he's jumped right back on my penis

ronfin44, its been fun. im signing off with this one. thankyou, and good night
    Last edited by reeko; 07-03-2009 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

...and like clockwork he talks about his penis again. I suppose when penis is always on your mind you can't help it. haha classic Projection!

pwnt

Time to end this middle-school crap. It was fun watching you use your Internet Handbook to attack me, but seriously guy, your wit is weaker than wet toilet paper. You're clueless about what Projection is, though I'm sure you'll Google it now lol. So I'll allow you to have the last word here in closing. After-all, it's the least I can do since you humored me with your Mr. Bean Ha Ha's. lol

YOUR NEXT POST ABOUT PENIS GOES HERE:
    |
    |
    |
    |
    V

haha
    Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

Thanks

Ok, I dont know what the posts in this thread have turned into but back on topic..................I just wanted to pass along this guide:

iClarified - iPhone - How to Capture Your iPhone 3GS iBEC and iBSS (Mac) [Updated]

it worked for me. Im not doubting this thread's guide, but I found this other one easier. Sorry that I cant give credit where it is due since I came across a thread that listed this website as good guide to use. I am choosing to wait for the dev team to put these files to use instead of using the newly released purplera1n from geohot.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Try this again, just 3 quick questions....
    So I have done the rain and got the file from that... but I dont see a iBSS file there. The file I got was a text file. Should it be? I have also done both restores in dfu and out of dfu. Both times I got the iBEC file only. Do I need to do it one more time with the method above to get the iBSS??
    Thanks for all the hard work!

PS Can't we all just get along???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mxpimp47 View Post
    whats irritating is how all of a sudden the forum got so big in the past year from all these impatient people. i have been following the forum before i even registered and all my questions were asked after doing a bit of reading. i still have questions about stuff but i dont usually post. i dont know everything by any means. but i just read as much as possible. usually that helps when people read. yes it can be frustrating to come into the middle of a topic that has a whole lot of pages! but all it does is fill up more useless crap for us to read through when people start typing away! and now there is hundreds of users that just join to ask some question that was already answered, and never post again. which there is nothing wrong with posting a question, just aslong as its not posted time and time again.
    AMEN!! People really have got to read. I got my files using the iclairafied way. Worked flawlessly

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Just did it the iClarified way and got the files. I got two files with the date and time today unlike people earlier on in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by jamriman View Post
    I messed up. Any way to downgrade back to 3.0 from 3.1? Thanks!!
    Lmao!! Are your for real?
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 07-05-2009 at 05:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So what if I do all the reading, including all these BS arguments, and find conflicting answers?
    So I ask what I believe to be an easy and quick question. Than all you arrogant jack*sses ***** how us noobs dont read. Maybe thats why I never post, I never get my answers. But when I have been jailbreaking since the first touch JB and havent had to post any questions about it... and now I do... get off your high horses! Help us out a little. All I needed was a simple yes or no.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Everytime I download the 3.0 firmware it saves it as a zip file. When I try to unzip it it won't unzip. Is there something I'm missing???? Program or something.

Windows XP

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ^^^^ @bpwalker74 - I'm having the same problem. Did you figure it out?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 3gsmorena View Post
    ^^^^ @bpwalker74 - I'm having the same problem. Did you figure it out?
    Well I spent all night and this morn reading in other places than here. The only thing I can find is to rename the .zip file to .ipsw

When I get home I'm going to try this but I also downloaded it here at work and it downloaded right.

Hope this helps.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bpwalker74 For This Useful Post:

3gsmorena (07-06-2009)

Thanks

Yep, if you rename the file to just .ipsw (deleted the .zip) it will be fine.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

14. The Following User Says Thank You to reeko For This Useful Post:

3gsmorena (07-06-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

iClarified's method is much simpler.

iClarified - iPhone - How to Capture Your iPhone 3GS iBEC and iBSS (Mac) [Updated]
    Step Ten
    That's it. We now have captured our iBEC and iBSS. You can move these to a safe place to be used for a future jailbreak of your iPhone 3GS.

***Thanks to c0ns0le for posting the script to make it easier for those not fast with copy/paste.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok I am new to jailbrakeing. So I have the 3gs and not jailbroken with 3.0 FW. If I want to jailbrake still using 3.0, I have to do this? Or is this for when I want to restore back to 3.0?
    I don't know if I made sence.
    If some one could PLEASE help me and guide me through and explain to me what exactly this is because I really want to jailbreak while in 3.0 but would like to update to 3.1 once available.

Again, if some could explain in SIMPLE terms, I would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I sucessfully applied this method to my phone and the iClarified method to a mates iphone. However, after doing it i noticed that the "date created" for his IBSS/IBEC files was the current date and the "date created" for my files is 21/5/2009. Any reason for this? and could it be a problem in the future?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation Am I able???
    Hey hi, I don't have ECID and I didn't obtain my iBEC and iBSS files. But my iphone 3GS 3.0 firmware is already jailbroken and is unclock with ultrasnow/redsnow, am I be able to jailbreak and unlock 3.1 once its release.

Thanks

Just relax and wait your ok
    as long as u don't upgrade

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@ z3r01... Who was your response to? I'm in the same situation as zeeshanjs... Thanks in advance!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm confused about whether I need to save the iBSS and iBEC files.

I have a jailbroken, unlocked 3G S still running on 3.0. Do I need to save the iBSS and iBEC files in order to preserve the unlock when I upgrade to jailbroken 3.1. Should I save them anyway? Can I do it on iTunes 9.1, or do I have to use an old iTunes.

Finally, if I understand correctly, I will have to re-jailbreak and re-unlock in 3.0 after saving these files because the phone will be restored to the standard Apple 3.0, not the Pwnge version.

Thanks for your advice.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

You cannot do this anymore, And DO NOT ATTEMPT or you will be forced to go to 3.1 and lose your unlock
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

+ Reply
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678