+ Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Capture Your iPhone 3GS iBEC and iBSS on Mac

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
so can i get a simple answer?....i did the purple rain thing...is that good enough? or do i HAVE to do this?...and i dont even have a mac so i
    Thanks

so can i get a simple answer?....i did the purple rain thing...is that good enough? or do i HAVE to do this?...and i dont even have a mac so i would have to do extra work that im too lazy to do...is this absolutely neccasary?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryan christopher View Post
    Which icon set are you using for the folders?
    Hi, I am sorry I do not remember the name of the icons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
    so can i get a simple answer?....i did the purple rain thing...is that good enough? or do i HAVE to do this?...and i dont even have a mac so i would have to do extra work that im too lazy to do...is this absolutely neccasary?
    If you want to be able to restore to 3.0 in the future you should do these steps.
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i updated to the 3.1 beta can i still do this?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did the entire procedure again using the terminal script from iClarified.
    This time I get IBEC and IBSS created today/current time!
    Strangely enough I am sure both file were created at 7:59, after some seconds my IBEC creation time was 8:00.

Could it be that during the DFU restore process multiple instances/versions of IBECV and IBSS are written to HD?

If so, how can we be sure to get the right one?

In any case, I don't see any reason for PANIC yet, we can always repeat the DFU procedure with our 3.0 ipsw if we happen to have the wrong files now.

Thanks

ok I have done it like 3x and can only get my iBEC can someone tell me how to get my iBSS plz? right now I'm fresh from a restore backup.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vriesfde View Post
    Update: I checked the creation date of the IBSS and IBEC files inside the downloaded 3.0 ipsw, these are from 22 May 2009!
    So, they (the 21May ones) are definitely not the files from the firmware parked in a temp folder, but they are from the phone itself.
    if you downloaed the firmware an it ends in .ipsw.zip, simply rename it and delete the .zip so it becomes only .ipsw

Then follow the method on iClarified
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ricm68 View Post
    I get a message that tells me that the folder doesn't exist. What am I doing wrong???
    Any ideas.
    Thanks.
    be more specific. do you mean when you use the iBEC and iBSS Grabber???

If so, you need to press the ...and make a folder somewhere on your local machine that you can point the grabber to store the files in while its "watcing"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mp3Supply For This Useful Post:

laz305 (07-02-2009)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I used the grabber, worked great! (crashed after it copied the folders but I got them so no harm) Thanks for all your hard work every one.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    I used the grabber, worked great! (crashed after it copied the folders but I got them so no harm) Thanks for all your hard work every one.
    yah it crashed when i did it to, but its after it collects the files...

Thanks

Nice tool for no0bs lol

really wasnt hard at all

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mp3Supply View Post
    be more specific. do you mean when you use the iBEC and iBSS Grabber???

If so, you need to press the ...and make a folder somewhere on your local machine that you can point the grabber to store the files in while its "watcing"

where do we get this grabber and how to use it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    if you downloaed the firmware an it ends in .ipsw.zip, simply rename it and delete the .zip so it becomes only .ipsw

Then follow the method on iClarified
    Thanks for the tip, however I already knew this, iPhone user since version 1.02.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lov3christian View Post
    i updated to the 3.1 beta can i still do this?

I dont believe you can , it was reported not to upgrade to 3.1

NO MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID!!

Thanks

if you mess up the first time can you restore from backup and try it again? Please Help

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bmp06gti View Post
    omg hurry the **** up with the jail break already

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag
    Dear child, you have to learn patience. It's annoying people like yourself that wanna rush right into everything and then cry when you brick your dads new iPhone. When the jailbreak is released, it's released, so save us all the minor annoyance of looking at posts like this, ok? *sigh*

This is why I've lost compassion for all the idiots that rush into upgrading to the latest FW on day one and then realize they did something wrong, or they're too stupid to follow VERY SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS as a PRECAUTION for a future jailbreak. Who knows. We might not need these files, but if the people resposible for creating the Jailbreak method "suggest" we get them as a precaution, then why do we see page after page of people asking why? Why not? It takes a little time, is simple as hell to do even if you're a Caveman, and later if you don't need them will it kill you to just delete them? Christ. This isn't rocket science. Those of us that had to jailbreak our 2G's back before the fancy GUI Jailbreak apps were available knew what patience it took to do this. Now it's a cake-walk. Two Restores to get these files is too much for some of you?! That's funny.

To the OP, thanks for the info. I'm on a PC and did the two Restores to grab both files even though I did the purplra1n method yesterday. I'm in the minority of patient individuals that enjoy taking my time to do things right the first time I guess. Also, thanks to everyone else that contributed valuable info for the Windows users here. Much appreciated.

**EDIT** No shock that after I posted this I read that more people upgraded to 3.1 and are NOT Devs. Morons.

Quote Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    if you mess up the first time can you restore from backup and try it again? Please Help
    Yeah, don't worry about it. You can Restore as many times as you have to if you missed grabbing the folder on the first attempt.

<---Wissinoming guy eating a Chinks steak while posting this. lol
    Last edited by ronfin44; 07-02-2009 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ronfin44 For This Useful Post:

Squeaky369 (07-02-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    Dear child, you have to learn patience. It's annoying people like yourself that wanna rush right into everything and then cry when you brick your dads new iPhone. When the jailbreak is released, it's released, so save us all the minor annoyance of looking at posts like this, ok? *sigh*

This is why I've lost compassion for all the idiots that rush into upgrading to the latest FW on day one and then realize they did something wrong, or they're too stupid to follow VERY SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS as a PRECAUTION for a future jailbreak. Who knows. We might not need these files, but if the people resposible for creating the Jailbreak method "suggest" we get them as a precaution, then why do we see page after page of people asking why? Why not? It takes a little time, is simple as hell to do even if you're a Caveman, and later if you don't need them will it kill you to just delete them? Christ. This isn't rocket science. Those of us that had to jailbreak our 2G's back before the fancy GUI Jailbreak apps were available knew what patience it took to do this. Now it's a cake-walk. Two Restores to get these files is too much for some of you?! That's funny.

To the OP, thanks for the info. I'm on a PC and did the two Restores to grab both files even though I did the purplra1n method yesterday. I'm in the minority of patient individuals that enjoy taking my time to do things right the first time I guess. Also, thanks to everyone else that contributed valuable info for the Windows users here. Much appreciated.

**EDIT** No shock that after I posted this I read that more people upgraded to 3.1 and are NOT Devs. Morons.

Yeah, don't worry about it. You can Restore as many times as you have to if you missed grabbing the folder on the first attempt.

<---Wissinoming guy eating a Chinks steak while posting this. lol
    I second that.

As much as I want the JB now, I would rather wait a few more days, then have to re-do it a dozen times because we rushed them... It took almost six months for the iPod Touch 2G, and the 3GS has only been out for roughly two weeks...

Thanks

Who cares about the iPod Touch 2G? People who buy that will only end up either buying an iPhone or selling the Touch

Suck it up, Sucker

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    Who cares about the iPod Touch 2G? People who buy that will only end up either buying an iPhone or selling the Touch
    haha what? I love how scientific you make your OPINION out to be to cloak how stupid that statement is. lol. Hundreds of thousands of iPod Touch's have been sold, so I'd have to say a LOT of people care about them. I know a bunch of people at work with them that aren't iPhone owners or even care about the iPhone.

Not a day goes by on [here] I don't read something as silly as this, posted by another opinionated individual.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can i do this procedure even if my iphone is totally "new" (locked and not activated)?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    haha what? I love how scientific you make your OPINION out to be to cloak how stupid that statement is. lol. Hundreds of thousands of iPod Touch's have been sold, so I'd have to say a LOT of people care about them. I know a bunch of people at work with them that aren't iPhone owners or even care about the iPhone.

Not a day goes by on [here] I don't read something as silly as this, posted by another opinionated individual.
    Fishing, no bait, and caught a n00b. Congratulations

Suck it up, Sucker