+ Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Capture Your iPhone 3GS iBEC and iBSS on Mac

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by meagain What if I have 2 phones? Then do this process for each phone
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meagain View Post
    What if I have 2 phones?
    Then do this process for each phone
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

The cleanup at startup folder would never open...I had no folder named such on my mac.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    The cleanup at startup folder would never open...I had no folder named such on my mac.
    Have you done a restore on your 3g[s] yet? I am not sure this folder exists until doing a restore. If it still does not appear then create the folder Cleanup At Startup in the given directory. The files will then appear with the restore in that folder.

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ok so correct me if I'm wrong...I did puplere thing and got my for the ibss certificate. But when doing this process on Windows, all I was able to retrieve was the iBEC file. Am I still good to go?

Thanks

^Yes

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

kstewart71 (07-02-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you very much. Much easier than iClarified.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    ^thanks...all I need to know

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    This whole thing is getting stupid. This crap to compete with geohot. Why don't they show us the jailbreak first? Even if they dont release it, prove they have something
    Reeko, both Geohot and DevTeam has made all the 'stuff' possible so please don't say that either one of them is lying as both deserves EQUAL respect though some believe either of the two is superior . . .

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Possible Better Way - ECID

I would like to offer a more EASY-TO-GET way, rather then this posted method. There is actually now a new program that will get all this information for you, rather then doing all these steps. It seems to be a much easier way, especially for any noobs out there. Let me know what you think.

Send me a "thanks" if you like it.

Please see this LINK: ECID Grabber & iBEC and iBSS Grabber | iPhone News, Help and Guides

Take care
    Last edited by iphoneuser2008; 07-02-2009 at 02:31 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay. Well, I've lost count now. I was trying to keep score, ya know? "All those for doing these two additional thingies, say "aye". Opposed..blah blah..." You know the drill. But, somebody in my household asked me a question, and I lost count. Then I thought to myself "Okay then, I'll just tally up the total Modmyi lifetime individual postings of all the participants in each of the opposing sides. That should lend some credence one way or the other. Right?" (being the analytical thinking and scientifically inclined person that I am, of course :P) The phone rang.

Ya wanna pour me that drink now?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post
    Okay. Well, I've lost count now. I was trying to keep score, ya know? "All those for doing these two additional thingies, say "aye". Opposed..blah blah..." You know the drill. But, somebody in my household asked me a question, and I lost count. Then I thought to myself "Okay then, I'll just tally up the total Modmyi lifetime individual postings of all the participants in each of the opposing sides. That should lend some credence one way or the other. Right?" (being the analytical thinking and scientifically inclined person that I am, of course :P) The phone rang.

Ya wanna pour me that drink now?
    WTF lol...what???? What opposing sides are you speaking of?

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

lol...don't mind me, Melech. I tend to write things down, sort of the way my mind thinks them through. Yeah, I know. Scary, isn't it. Anyway, I was just havin' some fun.

P.S. I just wonder. Should people with a very dry sense of humor, drink more?
    Last edited by spongebobiwan; 07-02-2009 at 02:29 AM.

Thanks

Why not??

Green Apple
    Thanks

I keep getting folder doesnt exist when i type in my user name string

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manny0 View Post
    I keep getting folder doesnt exist when i type in my user name string
    Posted Earlier:
    Quote Originally Posted by Melech518
    Have you done a restore on your 3g[s] yet? I am not sure this folder exists until doing a restore. If it still does not appear then create the folder Cleanup At Startup in the given directory. The files will then appear with the restore in that folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by iphoneuser2008 View Post
    Possible Better Way - ECID

I would like to offer a more EASY-TO-GET way, rather then this posted method. There is actually now a new program that will get all this information for you, rather then doing all these steps. It seems to be a much easier way, especially for any noobs out there. Let me know what you think.

Send me a "thanks" if you like it.

Please see this LINK: ECID Grabber & iBEC and iBSS Grabber | iPhone News, Help and Guides

Take care
    The link you posted is for Windows users.
    This thread is about the process on a Mac OS. Good find tho
    Last edited by Melech518; 07-02-2009 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Posted Earlier:

The link you posted is for Windows users.
    This thread is about the process on a Mac OS. Good find tho

Opps,,,My Bad.

thx

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I need help with this. I bought my phone through the firebug hack in the apple store and have never plugged it in. I just plugged it in and it is asking me to set up the phone or restore from a backup. Should I go ahead and set it up as a new phone then follow the directions or will this install the 3.1? Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billznik2 View Post
    I need help with this. I bought my phone through the firebug hack in the apple store and have never plugged it in. I just plugged it in and it is asking me to set up the phone or restore from a backup. Should I go ahead and set it up as a new phone then follow the directions or will this install the 3.1? Thanks!
    Set it up as a new phone. You are fine. 3.1 hasnt been released yet, it is only in the beta stages and can only be downloaded by beta testers for the time being.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hello,
    what I found a bit strange:

At first I've tried the guide posted on the iPhone Dev Team blog (guide by iClarified). I succeeded in getting the iBEC. Getting iBSS was not so successful so I used the guide here.

What's a bit strange:
    When you look at the file date (created / modified) for the iBEC I got using the iClarified guide then the date is today (at the time of the procedure).

When you look at the file date for the iBEC / iBSS received via method mentioned here on modmyi then the date shows 21 of May 2009 for me.
    Could this be an issue? Are those files really the correct files signed by Apple?

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn, we in the UK can't use that firebug hack *crys*, full price
    First I got to sell my iTouch 2G and iPhone 2G then get the 3GS!!!!
    How do these two particular files/folders determine a jailbreak, I don't understand?
    Apple's dates are messed up, they've listed MJ's(R.I.P.) death as something like 25th May in iTunes

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    If 3.1 is released and will make my battery life stop sucking and make call connections stop from dropping/ people getting my answer phone then why do i care for a 3.0 jailbreak?
    No cracked apps for you then! I got the same problem on my 2G, people go straight to my voicemail even though the iPhone's on and has full signals!!! Happens to me quite often.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 07-02-2009 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th