Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Capture Your iPhone 3GS iBEC and iBSS on Mac

Quote Originally Posted by dayloon View Post
    Any sign of a windows guide?
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Capture Your iPhone 3GS iBEC and iBSS (Windows)

There you go bud.
    16gb iPhone4 black

If I helped you in anyway please hit thank you.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to swpelchat For This Useful Post:

bpwalker74 (07-02-2009), disturbedreaper (07-02-2009), eballesq (07-02-2009), jayman5446 (07-02-2009), Melloout (07-02-2009), neonsector (07-02-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Users/myusername/Library/Caches/Cleanup At Startup

myusername should be the username on your computer
    Mine is Rosco's for example...

Buy this weekend
    I will do so. Another question, how did you get your homescreen in finder to show icons next to each folder in the screenshot you provided of your computer? Is that from a MBP or an iMac?

no offense to the dev team, but i think this is completely confusing and uncalled for. why not just do the purplera1n method? it takes like 2 secs and there is no risk of pwning your phone to 3.1 by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    I will do so. Another question, how did you get your homescreen in finder to show icons next to each folder in the screenshot you provided of your computer? Is that from a MBP or an iMac?
    I use a program called Candybar
    Iconfactory : Home
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

Melloout (07-02-2009), ninthchamber99 (07-02-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    I use a program called Candybar
    Iconfactory : Home
    Cool, thanks. It looks really good. When I get home I will be downloading that one.

Got mine. I am on Windows Vista and had to type %temp% on the start bar to find the place these go to (and delete a bunch of folders. I also had to put my 3GS in DFU mode to get the folder with both files in it (and had to move fast to drag/copy the folder to an external USB drive. It worked though and I am ready!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If i'm not mistaken windows users can also follow this guide:

Get Your 3G S iBSS Certificate for Upcoming Jailbreak | PurpleRa1n
    There're never enough iPhone Mods
    If anything I said helped you, Please press the Thanks! button

Quote Originally Posted by manny0 View Post
    no offense to the dev team, but i think this is completely confusing and uncalled for. why not just do the purplera1n method? it takes like 2 secs and there is no risk of pwning your phone to 3.1 by accident.
    yeah why restore your phone when you can do it with out and in 1 minute.
    THANK OR DIE

Quote Originally Posted by manny0 View Post
    Well no offense to you, but it's not uncalled for. The Dev's have specifically said that you WILL NEED the IBEC and IBSS files created by this process in order to jailbreak in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by blog.iphone-dev.org
    These will be required to jailbreak your phone in the near future
    The purplera1n file (from my understanding) was an earlier method/safety net which contains your unique iPhone 3g[s] ECID. That file may/may not still be required along with the IBEC and IBSS files.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Dev's have just found where apple keeps the IBEC/IBSS files needed for jailbreaking the 3g[s], whereas the ECID (purplera1n file) is needed for firmware authorization upon restore on the iphone 3g[s]. They are used for different things.

In other words, do both... just in case
    Last edited by royalnewjersey; 07-02-2009 at 01:17 AM.

Thanks

I hate to post a repetative question here but using the method in this link:

Get Your 3G S iBSS Certificate for Upcoming Jailbreak | PurpleRa1n

I was able to locate my ECID which i then posted pasted into puplera1n and got what i think its the IBSS file even though the file downloaded does not have a file extension... now i see another file "IBEC" which is talked about in this tutorial yet I dont think i have it... so considering what i already have (ECID & what i believe is the IBSS file) do i still need to follow the steps on this guide?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to williamjv For This Useful Post:

slade (07-02-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by royalnewjersey View Post
    Well no offense to you, but it's not uncalled for. The Dev's have specifically said that you WILL NEED the IBEC and IBSS files created by this process in order to jailbreak in the near future.

The purplera1n file (from my understanding) was an earlier method/safety net which contains your unique iPhone 3g[s] ECID. That file may/may not still be required along with the IBEC and IBSS files.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Dev's have just found where apple keeps the IBEC/IBSS files needed for jailbreaking the 3g[s], whereas the ECID (purplera1n file) is needed for firmware authorization upon restore on the iphone 3g[s]. They are used for different things.

In other words, do both... just in case
    Purplera1n gives you the iBSS certificate. This other method gives you the iBSS and iBEC. Geohot found where it was originally, and the Devs just found it. I believe the Dev team is implementing these files into their jailbreak, prob because they didnt know another way to jailbreak prior. Its a good idea if you plan on using the Dev Teams JB to get these files. The method I created is a much simpler way to get these files than what the Devs have posted about the /tmp folder. This will save you half of the time and only one restore so give it a shot...
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

royalnewjersey (07-02-2009)

Thanks

Melech518

I noticed you mentioned another method which you posted. Do you have a link to that by any chance? I tried searching your post so i wouldnt ask another question yet after 5 pages of posts by you, i didnt see anything LOL (you're a busy guy)

Edit: nevermind my question about your guide.... i just noticed at the end of the tutorial that you were given the credit for the screenshots so this is it LOL

I dont have my Mac available and wont have it for a while so i guess i'll go with the windows way unless i get my mac sooner than i think i will
    Last edited by williamjv; 07-02-2009 at 01:39 AM.

I'm confused. The update says this: "And if you have already obtained a USB Dump from Purplera1n.com, no need to follow the guide."

But all the comments from Melech518 are saying we DO need to do this if we want to use the Dev Team's jailbreak method.

Did I obtain a USB Dump from purplera1n.com? All I did was plug in my EICD number into purplerain, and I got a small file in return.

Thanks

This whole thing is getting stupid. This crap to compete with geohot. Why don't they show us the jailbreak first? Even if they dont release it, prove they have something
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Cash has given me a 1337er title Kaatje's Avatar
    Thanks

3GS users... be smart! do not update to 3.1b. Do get ECID and the Ibss and iBEC files!!

Machine: Mac Pro Early 2009: CPU(s): 2 x Intel Xeon X5570 2.93GHz RAM: 32.00GB Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 1024 MB Display: Dual Apple 24" LED Cinema OS: Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.4 Disk: 7TB - iPhone 32GB 3G S⃣

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Thirteen days and still NO J/B......Sad

Cash has given me a 1337er title Kaatje's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    This whole thing is getting stupid. This crap to compete with geohot. Why don't they show us the jailbreak first? Even if they dont release it, prove they have something
    Dude, chill out already.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwayne View Post
    Thirteen days and still NO J/B......Sad
    It takes time to stay ahead of the cat and mouse game that the dev team and Apple play. Rest assured, just like in Tom and Jerry, the mouse always wins in end.
    Last edited by Kaatje; 07-02-2009 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Machine: Mac Pro Early 2009: CPU(s): 2 x Intel Xeon X5570 2.93GHz RAM: 32.00GB Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 1024 MB Display: Dual Apple 24" LED Cinema OS: Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.4 Disk: 7TB - iPhone 32GB 3G S⃣

What if I have 2 phones?

Thanks

If 3.1 is released and will make my battery life stop sucking and make call connections stop from dropping/ people getting my answer phone then why do i care for a 3.0 jailbreak?
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea well I'm about ready to sell my 3GS!!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast