Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upcoming iPhone App to Offer English to Arabic Speech Translation

Thanks

Thumbs up Upcoming iPhone App to Offer English to Arabic Speech Translation
    Sakhr Software, a company known for it's expertise in English to Arabic (and vice-versa) speech translation is all set to release an iPhone app!

This upcoming application, developed by Sakhr Mobile and Dial Directions (a company acquired by Sakhr Mobile sometime back) offers really freaky neat speech translation from English to Arabic (and vice-versa), unlike many services which are a total mess even for the text translation - Google do you hear that? It scans the Arabic words and then simply translates them. Small phrases like "The prime minister will form a new government" (holy crap) can be pretty easily translated.

The app obviously has great use for the government but it can help the end consumer to a real great extent as well! In fact, Sakhr has already been providing this service to U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Department of Justice so we have no reason to doubt their experience of the market.

[FastCompany]

Thanks JazJon for the tip!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sayam For This Useful Post:

aloooy (07-01-2009), fugsi (07-02-2009)

Nice, would love to see this for many other languages....
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Why would this be on the front page?

Haha this reminds me of the "Global Voice Translator" feature on the Pomegranate NS08

Pomegranate | NS08

Damn that's pretty neat.

First page why?? why not like a more useful translator, spanish english , french english , german english , chinese english...
    Last edited by qgshadow; 07-01-2009 at 07:57 PM.

It works better than a lot of other translators, that's why.
    ================================================

================================================

Quote Originally Posted by qgshadow View Post
    First page why?? why not like a more useful translator, spanish english , french english , german english , chinese english...
    aaaa whats so useful in translating these countries? There just like translating Arabic.But yeah they should consider doing more language,which im sure will come out soon too.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Why frontpage though???

Btw what happened to "AppleChic"????? She was crap!!!!!! Glad she's gone, I think we all upset her, lmao!!!
    The instructions for 3GS jailbreak should be on front page

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

this would be useful to me. i speak arabic but as a second language. i could totally use this on my next trip overseas. i could also read and write it so it wont be hard for me to read whats on the screen incase i need to. To those asking why is it on front page well its actually an amazing program. arabic is a very hard language to learn and very complicated to spell and know how to pronounce certain words. This could definitely lead to more popular languages like spanish and french or german but dont forget in this day and age arabic is a pretty popular language and could be very useful. dont be so close minded

12. The Following User Says Thank You to salayyad For This Useful Post:

Landslideclothing (07-06-2009)

Another "I will never use app" but I guess maybe some other folks might find it great. I still do not think is all that to be front page but hey... Who am I to decide.

Who cares if it's on the front page or not why is everybody bitchin wtf just shut up, if you don't like it then don't complain on here and if you want them to make some more different language apps then e-mail them, what a bunch of cry babies lol.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S550Benz For This Useful Post:

Landslideclothing (07-06-2009), yoTelefonoCuatro (07-02-2009)

Thanks

+1^^^^ it shows what the iphone can do. i dont see any other phones with this capability so thats one reason and i seen several other reputable websites with this story and nobody ******** about front page.

I bet if it were in Spanish or somethin they would've been glad to see it on the front page but just because it's in Arabic they just hate on it, might be a racist thing...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to S550Benz For This Useful Post:

CrazyArab108 (07-02-2009)

Thanks

nvm, thought I read something different.
    Last edited by noop; 07-01-2009 at 09:23 PM.
    useful? hit the thanks button!

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Not sure why anyone would have a problem with front page on this - anybody else have a device you can speak into and have it translate to another language? That you got for $99?

That being said... of course it'd be cooler if it was in more languages, etc - but the concept is frickin awesome.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

salayyad (07-01-2009), thetoothfairy (07-01-2009)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Well you didn't get for $99 because your paying for the contract too.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

i think its crazy accurate i never seen anything do it like this. i wish many more languages get included. i come across many different nationalities and interact with so many people i would love to be able to pick up a few phrases. I would love to see russian and german also. But PF you said it perfect show me another device that can do this. thats why its front page. open your minds people its a bigger world than you think. if you leave the country you will see the usefulness to this but of course in other languages also.

Quote Originally Posted by qgshadow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sayam View Post
    Sakhr Software, a company known for it's expertise in English to Arabic (and vice-versa) speech translation is all set to release an iPhone app!
    Anyway, this is a great story because it really differentiates the iPhone from the other smartphones out there. Nice find sayam. I just wish that they had a general idea for pricing on this.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

I think this is a great app. I also would like to see it get more languages. But this is a step for it. It would help with people traveling or just wanting to talk to someone who is local from a different country. We have someone at my work that speaks Arabic and at some points he has a tough time finding the right word for what he wants to say. I can understand him for most of it. Coming to a new country or visiting one people generally find it frustrating to try to figure out the right word that you want to say.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast