+ Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Release] iPlus 2.0b for iPhone Jailbreaking | Activation | Unlocking

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Crap. Youtube doesn't work 'cannot connect to youtube' Tried the youtube activator, still doesn't work Is there a fix for this?
    Thanks

Crap. Youtube doesn't work 'cannot connect to youtube'

Tried the youtube activator, still doesn't work

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Can I just say this seems totally ridiculous. I'm not sure why this is such a "huge" announcement. ZiPhone works perfectly. AND it doesn't install all these horrible attempts at bsd and all the fixes. Just use ziphone then install cydia package installer. It moves everything and creates symlinks for you. It installs a real BSD with everything already working. Plus java, ruby, and python. Then you can just install "fake bsd" for installer apps. It's much more stable imho. And as far as bootloaders.... uhhg.. is it really necessary to have a "fake 3.9" just in case? iPlus is a good idea in theory(as far as installing everything that needs to be fixed and certain apps with the unlock/jailbreak/activation) but the bsd subsystem they are installing is flawed to begin with. Cydia = pwnage.
    iPhone: iPhone 3G (had original OTB 1.1.1)
    firmware: 2.1
    status: Not Pwned (too much trouble for not as much reward now that Appstore is around, I like being able to back up my iPhone and do updates without having to completely erase everything and start over.)
    service: AT&T (Cingular) USA
    MMS: not applicable

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok so i have a jailbroken 1.1.4 iphone (used ziphone) its on AT&T but i want to unlock it now so that i can use it overseas when i travel... i dont know what BL i have my modem firmware is 04.04.04_G... and im doing the same to my girls phone and hers is all the same but she wants to use a t-mobile sim so how would i get the edge to work...

Thanks a million...

Green Apple
    Thanks

If my 4.6 BL phone will end up with a 3.9 FakeBlank bootloader, how do I go about to get it to be a 4.6BL again?

Thanks

Guys... this bootloader discussion is worthless. Who cares what bootloader you have as long as it works. Click Here: 3rd Post

The ONLY reason to have the newer version is if you need to take it in for repair or something. Though even in this instance I think a simple "re-virginizing" of your phone would work wonders. Plus if you guys were worried about your "warranty" etc. you never would have joined the iphone hacking community in the first place.
    Last edited by burtthaman; 03-14-2008 at 12:05 AM.
    status: Not Pwned (too much trouble for not as much reward now that Appstore is around, I like being able to back up my iPhone and do updates without having to completely erase everything and start over.)

Thanks

Now I see why no one's using this method:

My youtube doesn't work and I get NO SERVICE/Bars.

Restoring back to stock...

After 5 trys, I'll wait for something stable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoolander369 View Post
    Now I see why no one's using this method:

My youtube doesn't work and I get NO SERVICE/Bars.

Restoring back to stock...

After 5 trys, I'll wait for something stable.
    ZiPhone is stable... 2.5 works perfectly and it has a GUI and works in under a minute...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by burtthaman View Post
    ZiPhone is stable... 2.5 works perfectly and it has a GUI and works in under a minute...

Don't you still have to jailbreak with independence for the AC2/USB Jailbreak?

Also, my google maps locate feature didn't work, is there a fix for this?

Thanks

Edit: My google maps locate me feature didn't work AFTER ziphone 2.5c.
    Last edited by zoolander369; 03-14-2008 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Forgot!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've tried both ZiPhone and iPlus jailbreak methods, and end up with no youtube and messed up mail with both. I've tried some of the "fixes" with no luck. This is the first time I've had any jailbreaking problems, and i've done them all since 1.0.2. Funny how different phones end up with different issues with each upgrade and jailbreak. I guess I've just been lucky up to this point. I'll stay unmodded 'till 2.0.

Thanks

I'm not sure why it's so small. I can't figure out how to make it larger. Click on the picture and it will show full version.

This does everything you need. I'd install a few sources (community, MMi, etc.) then install cydia right afterward. Then install fake bsd. DO NOT INSTALL BSD SUBSYSTEM

Quote Originally Posted by skyote View Post
    I've tried both ZiPhone and iPlus jailbreak methods, and end up with no youtube and messed up mail with both. I've tried some of the "fixes" with no luck. This is the first time I've had any jailbreaking problems, and i've done them all since 1.0.2. Funny how different phones end up with different issues with each upgrade and jailbreak. I guess I've just been lucky up to this point. I'll stay unmodded 'till 2.0.
    what service provider?
    Last edited by burtthaman; 03-14-2008 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ATT never unlocked just jailbreaking.

Thanks

I have ATT and I used the Jailbreak method (option 3) with ZiPhone after doing a restore mode full restore to 1.1.4. I always set my phone up as a new iphone also instead of importing old settings/info or whatever and then just sync my contacts, calendar, etc. later.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

do a google search "fix 1.1.3 ziphone cannot connect" should lead to the instructions on how to fix,(hackint0sh.org) I used them after 1.1.4 zibri jb only, has to do with ssh to iPhone find and delete an activation file, and replace a couple other files. reboot phone and it will ask to be activated connect to iTunes and be activated, post better instructions tom, no copy paste yet on my iphone
    Last edited by coreymc; 03-14-2008 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Better instructions

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey, I've had this unlocked and jailbreaked iPhone firmware 1.0.2 for ages now, don't really know why, but well I've decided to move on, and Have a question... Will this program help me get to the newest possible firmware, or do I have to do some kind of virginizeing or something like that before? Well thanks for any help...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Alluuu, Just do everything with Ziphone, it is so easy, it even puts the phone in recovery mode for you by just clicking on a button. You then restore your phone and then click on do it all and then you should have the version you require. It only takes 10-15 minutes maximum

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey quick question whats the difference when you use ziphone to install bds where you have to install a fake one with Cydia kind of confused ?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey i was wondering if i restore to 1.1.4 and run the iplus and get everything done unlock activate jailbreak and bootloader downgrade to 3.9 fake blank. is it possible for me to restore back to 1.1.3 and still have the 3.9 fakeblank bootloader?

also will my baseband stay untouched if i restore back to 1.1.2 or 1.1.3? meaning the unlock will still be patched.
    Last edited by ih8mispace; 03-14-2008 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post
    This means that the process is fully reversible (unlike some other tools),
    I see all over the this is "reversible". How? Not one person has been able to answer this question yet as far as I can see.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

it's been discussed in the hackint0sh forum.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default iplus 2.0b jailbrek
    is this jailbreak more efficient than ziphone? And how do I find out what my boatloader is and what's the difference between the boatloaders? 3.9bl & 4.6bl

+ Reply
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast