+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone SDK 3.1 Availaable

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
i updated my iPhone 2G (not AT&T) and its now not activated! a purple screen with the itunes logo is on it.. my uuid is registered in a dev slot.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i updated my iPhone 2G (not AT&T) and its now not activated! a purple screen with the itunes logo is on it..
    my uuid is registered in a dev slot.

anyone experienced the same thing?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

WOW that was fast. What bugs are there that we know about? I have pretty heavuly been using my 3GS and have noticed none of them? Is there a modem firm upgrade in this thing to try and lock out unlockers or what?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

@ Monadzback- good point, but a little less harsh on the fella. ( post on this website are for information and to help others, not to just be the first response. This ain't the emergency team ) early still drunk, sorry if this post don't make sense. I must hit the pillow soon.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    WOW that was fast. What bugs are there that we know about? I have pretty heavuly been using my 3GS and have noticed none of them? Is there a modem firm upgrade in this thing to try and lock out unlockers or what?
    Yes, upgraded to 5.08.01
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks

The one bug on my 3gs that pissed me off is when I type in the google search bar in safari and mess up. It won't let me move the cursor to the right so I can erase a letter or word. Other then that it's perfect to me

iPhone? More like MyPhone Miro89's Avatar
    Thanks

i hope this fixes the overheating problem

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Voice Control Enhancement
    hey not sure if anyone has noticed this just yet... One thing that bothered me about the voice control on the 3GS is that you can not initiate it via bluetooth headset. You also could not activate it via the phone and have it speak to you or pick up your voice via bluetooth. That kind of made it useless for me...

I just upgraded my phone to 3.1 beta last night, and this morning synced my bluetooth headset to it. The first thing I tried was to initiate Voice Control via the headset... no luck, I tried all button combinations on my headset...

One thing that works now that didnt before is that if you have your headset paired to your phone, when you activate voice control on the phone it speaks to you and picks up your voice over the headset!

looks like they are getting there, hopfully the next step will be for them to let you initiate it from your headset...

Quote Originally Posted by Dust Busta View Post
    Heres whats new
    * Non-destructive video editing means trimming a clip no longer saves over the original video but gives you the option to “Save as copy…”
    * Voice Control now works over Bluetooth
    * iPhone vibrates when moving icons
    * Updated AT&T profile to 4.2(MMS??)
    * Updated modem firmware to 5.08.01

When you say voice control now works over Bluetooth, have you been able to get it to let you start the voice control from the headset? or can you only start it from the phone?
    Last edited by RessayFlex; 07-01-2009 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n0ise View Post
    i updated my iPhone 2G (not AT&T) and its now not activated! a purple screen with the itunes logo is on it..
    my uuid is registered in a dev slot.

anyone experienced the same thing?
    You have to be registered and activated with a carrier (unless the phone was bought factory unlocked). Since it is a 2G you can downgrade back to 3.0 (via DFU/Restore) and wait until a jailbreak solution is available.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Have they updated the AVRCP Bluetooth profile to let you advance songs using your bluetooth headset?

Thanks

I hope that they did update the avrcp whatever sobi can skip songs with my S9's

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stlcaddie View Post
    @ Monadzback- good point, but a little less harsh on the fella. ( post on this website are for information and to help others, not to just be the first response. This ain't the emergency team ) early still drunk, sorry if this post don't make sense. I must hit the pillow soon.
    Lol. My post was deleted anyways.

Thanks

Everyone needs to remember if your jailbroken or unlocked via software you need to stay away from this update!!!
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Not if your using an iPhone 2G

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Not if your using an iPhone 2G
    Of course. Thank you.
    160GB iPod Classic
    8GB 2G - Firmware 2.2.1 PWN'D
    8GB 3G - Firmware 3.0 PWN'D
    16GB 3G S - Firmware 3.0 Ra1n'n Purple
    64GB iPad 3G - Spirit'd
    32GB iPhone 4

iPhone? More like MyPhone interstink's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Congratulations, you are now not able to jailbreak. Once you go to the 3.1 software, it is impossible to go back.
    Not much different then 3.0 - Jailbreak has yet to become available. I dont think Jailbreak will be an issue, I think the UNLOCK is what would be in question. I think Jailbreak will always be possible, in one method or another.

At this point Dev-Team should release current Jailbreak - If they in fact are able to actually Jailbreak. If anything, it will stop many from upgrading to 3.1 and push others to purchase 3Gs NOW.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

- Trimming video clips on the iPhone 3GS now offers the ability to save the edited version as a copy rather than simply overwriting the original file.
    - Voice Control over Bluetooth is now available, allowing users to Initiate calls and control music playback via Bluetooth headsets.
    - MMS is now enabled by default, but still not supported by AT&T.
    - iPhone vibrates when rearranging Home screen icons.
    - A "Fraud Protection" toggle is now available in Safari settings.
    - iPhone startup and shutdown and app launching times have improved.
    - New APIs allow developers of third-party application to access and edit videos.
    - OpenGL and Quartz have seen improvements.

This is directly from MacRumors. If this is true I am excited about the bluetooth call initiation. Would love to be able to initiate a call with the jawbone when the phone is in my pocket. Hell, would be nice to initiate playlists and such with the jawbone too while in the car
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Banned
    Thanks

There's an extra a in the title.

Thanks

i love my 2G just can't seem to get a 3G let alone the 3GS. but my gripe with 3.0 is that its buggy. I cannot get liveclock to work like before on 2.2.1 the stock clock stays after i added the feature to work and thats about it so Why can't we have the Video camera the 3GS has in an update????

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    - Trimming video clips on the iPhone 3GS now offers the ability to save the edited version as a copy rather than simply overwriting the original file.
    - Voice Control over Bluetooth is now available, allowing users to Initiate calls and control music playback via Bluetooth headsets.
    - MMS is now enabled by default, but still not supported by AT&T.
    - iPhone vibrates when rearranging Home screen icons.
    - A "Fraud Protection" toggle is now available in Safari settings.
    - iPhone startup and shutdown and app launching times have improved.
    - New APIs allow developers of third-party application to access and edit videos.
    - OpenGL and Quartz have seen improvements.

This is directly from MacRumors. If this is true I am excited about the bluetooth call initiation. Would love to be able to initiate a call with the jawbone when the phone is in my pocket. Hell, would be nice to initiate playlists and such with the jawbone too while in the car
    If all this is true, I guess 3.1 really is mainly for 3GS users. I'm so glad I upgraded!
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been using 3.1 for a bit now and still can not figure out or see any changes. What's the deal?