Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
06-28-2009, 05:19 PM #161
06-28-2009, 05:19 PM #162
06-28-2009, 05:20 PM #163
The Following User Says Thank You to Mista Brothason For This Useful Post:
06-28-2009, 05:20 PM #164
First post here so i'm not sure what people will think of my opinion but here goes:
Waiting to release the jailbreak until 3.0.1 makes very little sense as far as unlocking is concerned. If apple really does patch the hole for ultrasn0w in the new release then those on 3.0.1 still won't be able to unlock their phones. If they do release the jailbreak now then those waiting for a jailbreak release before they purchase the phone will at least be able to have an unlocked phone on 3.0.0 firmware. If the jailbreak is released after 3.0.1...then those who waited for a jailbreak won't be able to unlock their phones. If there really are two exploits...why not release an updated redsn0w using one of the exploits then hold onto the other exploit for after the release of 3.0.1.
Just my 2 cents
06-28-2009, 05:20 PM #165
And when did I say I was going to do my own? We are talking about the decision to release a program, not how to make it or anything technical like that. I know Im not smart enough to make my own jailbreak but I do know I am smarter than you on this subject
Last edited by Bernie-Mac; 06-28-2009 at 05:27 PM.iLive an iLife
06-28-2009, 05:23 PM #166
06-28-2009, 05:24 PM #167
06-28-2009, 05:24 PM #168
06-28-2009, 05:28 PM #169
as i said...it is my opinion. Forums were created to allow everyone to express their own opinion. I think you've either forgotten or are far to young to remember. Have you never heard the term "forum for debate"?
Last edited by Andylogo; 06-28-2009 at 05:32 PM.
06-28-2009, 05:34 PM #170
You are entitled to your opinion. As is everyone else. All I pointed out is that it differs from the Dev Teams. People will make up their own mind as to which opinion carries more weight.
Thank you for suggesting I might be too young - it's been a long time since anyone has suggested thatHe who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.
06-28-2009, 05:37 PM #171
06-28-2009, 05:41 PM #172
06-28-2009, 05:41 PM #173
06-28-2009, 05:44 PM #174
06-28-2009, 05:49 PM #175
06-28-2009, 05:49 PM #176
Fantastic, my 3GS looks so plain compared to my JB 2G.
GeoHot please release to all so all tools can make use of this.I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.
06-28-2009, 05:51 PM #177
Should I start a poll? It will be 3 weeks before Apple drops an update on us. Should the dev team wait or should they release it right away? Of course none of this matters because geohot and chronic team will release theirs about 5 minutes after they are done with the GUI.
The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:
06-28-2009, 05:51 PM #178
Bernie-Mac, do you not get it?
If Apple release 3.0.1 tomorrow and then the jailbreak is released, then there will be a grace period of everyone, including people buying BRAND NEW 3GS's (some stores are still out of stock), being jailbroken no matter what.
Apple is not going to release 3.0.2 the next day, or the next week. There will be a mid-lengthy time period before 3.0.2 is released. Apple would look stupid pushing out 2 updates in a short space of time.
With 3.0.1 so close, it would be rediculous to release the jailbreak now.
If the jailbreak is released now, Apple could hold off an extra week or so to release 3.0.1, and then the only people who can jailbreak are people who have a 3GS already AND have been to purplera1n.com.
All new phones will come with 3.0.1 loaded and will NOT be able to be jailbroken. Not until a brand new exploit is found, which could take aaaaaaaaages.
I trust you stealth and that is some insightful information you have given us, as always. I just hope 3.0.1 is released tomorrow for the better of everyone involved!The Original Autobot of MMiJesus couldn't turn into a fire engine
LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."
Suck it up, Sucker
The Following User Says Thank You to reeko For This Useful Post:
06-28-2009, 05:58 PM #179
Btw who is the chronic team?? GeoHot for the win!!!!!!
Thanks to you to Dev Team but without GeoHot you guys are nothing!
I don't know why you guys are arguing, it's not as though any of our opinions matter
06-28-2009, 06:03 PM #180
I do get it. Were going to have a grace period now. Stealth, the one you trust so much, said we wont see 3.0.1 for a few weeks so whether the grace period is between 3.0 and 3.0.1 or 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 we still have one so why not enjoy it now? And, as stated before, this exploit is going to be patched sooner or later so why not just release it now?iLive an iLife