Page 6 of 106 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 56 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ Sorry guys but I do talk to them. I don't just follow tweets and blog posts. The chronic dev team were the driving force behind the 24kpwn exploit that jailbroke the iPod 2G and now allowing geohot to jailbreak the 3GS. Sorry I get annoyed when they don't get the credit they deserve. We would be waiting a lot longer if it were not for guys like chronic, posixninja, and the other members. The dev team wants the spotlight, they will release right away if the chronic dev team gets close. In fact they are furhter along then the dev team except for not having a tool to just patch. Believe me geohot was snubbed and if you look thru his tweets you can read between the lines. They didn't credit him for giving them an important piece of the jailbreak puzzle.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

dmerrill (06-30-2009), inzandity (06-28-2009), k.nitsua (06-28-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

I was under the impresion that the Jailbraik was that low down the chain that Apple would need to change the hardware to stop any device that is already Jailbraikable from being Jailbroke, So whats the wait for 3.01 update have to do with anything. If it can be jaibroke now then it will aways be jailbraikable.

Correct me if I'm wrong but thats my understanding and I've been around since 1.14.

;-)
    Last edited by Real_Iphonecrazy; 06-28-2009 at 02:28 PM.

Im on US tmobile and just bought a 3GS off ebay after I saw this!
    Cmon guys! Dont let me down!

Thanks

Believe me, when they post information it's to show the other team that they secured something first.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Real_Iphonecrazy's Avatar
    Thanks

I was under the impresion that the Jailbraik was that low down the chain that Apple would need to change the hardware to stop any device that is already Jailbraikable form being Jailbroke, So whats the wait for 3.01 update have to do with anything. If it can be jaibroke now then it will aways be jailbraikable.

Correct me if I'm wrong but thats my understanding and I've been around since 1.14.

;-)
    Last edited by Real_Iphonecrazy; 06-28-2009 at 02:29 PM.

@StealthBravo,, I guess so i dont know,, your the one talking to them,, anyways,, when the dev teams fight,, WE WIN :P its nothing but a dialectic, and the synthesis is what we seek

Thanks

Stealth, if the jailbreak gets released before 3.0.1 then i will give you mad respect and will never doubt a thing you say, ever again.

For now it seems to me like no matter whats happened before, geohot and the dev team are working on something, together, and seeing as the chronic dev team have never released a tool before it just makes logical sense to release an updated redsn0w.

Time will tell though im sure, and i hope your right SB and we see the jailbreak allot sooner
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^ Sorry guys but I do talk to them. I don't just follow tweets and blog posts. The chronic dev team were the driving force behind the 24kpwn exploit that jailbroke the iPod 2G and now allowing geohot to jailbreak the 3GS. Sorry I get annoyed when they don't get the credit they deserve. We would be waiting a lot longer if it were not for guys like chronic, posixninja, and the other members. The dev team wants the spotlight, they will release right away if the chronic dev team gets close. In fact they are furhter along then the dev team except for not having a tool to just patch. Believe me geohot was snubbed and if you look thru his tweets you can read between the lines. They didn't credit him for giving them an important piece of the jailbreak puzzle.
    ^+1....for sure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    Stealth, if the jailbreak gets released before 3.0.1 then i will give you mad respect and will never doubt a thing you say, ever again.

For now it seems to me like no matter whats happened before, geohot and the dev team are working on something, together, and seeing as the chronic dev team have never released a tool before it just makes logical sense to release an updated redsn0w.

Time will tell though im sure, and i hope your right SB and we see the jailbreak allot sooner
    If they were working together, wouldn't we have a product already? Especially if it's a 10 line change? It's tough to say because nobody says they are/aren't. Going to have to be patient and listen to SB

Default Sb
    ty sb, kinda sux that dev team has the tool, and they could just update it. i was thinking about selling my white 3gs and buying a 3g on ebay, i know that sounds crazy, but all we have to do is be patient, even tho its really hard to be right now. thank you to both dev teams including geohot! your work is greatly appreciated!

same here I can't wait to see how smooth WB runs on my new 3GS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by comthre3 View Post
    @StealthBravo,, I guess so i dont know,, your the one talking to them,, anyways,, when the dev teams fight,, WE WIN :P its nothing but a dialectic, and the synthesis is what we seek

Competition is always good and in the case it will bring a faster jailbreak.

Thanks

AND

Stealth: geohot confirmed that the 24kpwn exploit works on the 3GS bootrom. Does this mean that the whole purplera1n stuff is now dead and buried? Or do we still need the generated file from purplera1n.com?
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by inzandity View Post
    If they were working together, wouldn't we have a product already? Especially if it's a 10 line change? It's tough to say because nobody says they are/aren't. Going to have to be patient and listen to SB
    Very good point. You haven't seen a jailbroken 3GS on the iPhone dev teams blog have you? And why in planetbeings tweet would he say that they were a few days behind geohot? If they were working together than they would be on the same page. The fact is they might not be showing it to the public and, I am probably over stepping my bounds, but geohot and the dev team are not cool with each other. They respect each other but they are not working together at this moment. The chronic dev team is working with geohot in some aspects. They have the task right now of building a new gui tool. If they could finish the gui soon, then they could beat the dev team to a release.

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    AND

Stealth: geohot confirmed that the 24kpwn exploit works on the 3GS bootrom. Does this mean that the whole purplera1n stuff is now dead and buried? Or do we still need the generated file from purplera1n.com?
    He recommends to still do the dump but its not needed at the moment. Also, purplera1n is alive and well
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 06-28-2009 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Very good point. You haven't seen a jailbroken 3GS on the iPhone dev teams blog have you? And why in planetbeings post would he say that they were a few days behind geohot? If they were working together than they would be on the same page. The fact is they might not be showing it to the public and, I am probably over stepping my bounds, but geohot and the dev team are not cool with each other. They respect each other but they are not working together at this moment. The chronic dev team is working with geohot in some aspects. They have the task right now of building a new gui tool. If they could finish the gui soon, then they could beat the dev team to a release.
    Awesome...this just sounds like good news all around. So far SB, you have been right on the money...you did say pictures would start to develop on Sunday and JB by the end of the week

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by inzandity View Post
    Awesome...this just sounds like good news all around. So far SB, you have been right on the money...you did say pictures would start to develop on Sunday and JB by the end of the week
    LOL. I am sticking to that statement

Really? End of the week? When its already done?

iPhone? More like MyPhone salayyad's Avatar
    Thanks

wasnt geohotz the guy that did the first iphone unlock with the hardware hack and some dude gave him a car or something

Quote Originally Posted by salayyad View Post
    wasnt geohotz the guy that did the first iphone unlock with the hardware hack and some dude gave him a car or something
    Yep, traded his unlocked 4GB iPhone for a Nissan 350z and 3 8GB iPhones. Not a bad deal eh? I bet the guy that traded feels like he got a little screwed now though

Page 6 of 106 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 56 ... LastLast