+ Reply
Page 51 of 106 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2114

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First official photos of a jailbroken 3G[s] released. Tool not too far away!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by thedanks weed lmao, got any?
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,694 Times in 5,954 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thedanks View Post
    weed
    lmao, got any?

Thanks

Default Need Some Advice Guys
    So nobody knows what going to happen within the next few days regarding the jailbreak, but I'm sure most of you have heard about this:

iPhone 3G[S] OVERHEATING - Battery Issues Likely Cause of iPhone 3GS Overheating | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

So I haven't gotten mine yet, apple says they're going to start using new batteries, anyone have the same problem?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ath_x64's Avatar
    Thanks

^
    They are working on it, as has been posted they are fixing a couple of bugs in the GUI and in the actual jailbreak.

Chronic are not saying they are waiting until after 3.0.1, on the Dev Team.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    So nobody knows what going to happen within the next few days regarding the jailbreak, but I'm sure most of you have heard about this:

iPhone 3G[S] OVERHEATING - Battery Issues Likely Cause of iPhone 3GS Overheating | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

So I haven't gotten mine yet, apple says they're going to start using new batteries, anyone have the same problem?

Mine has not gotten hot at all since I bought it.
    I have been playing with Motion X GPS and a few other apps without any hint of heating up. all with WiFi on to see if I can duplicate it.

It is possible that the batteries are being affected by third party chargers. Samsung had an issue with that years ago where thrid party chargers were damaging the charging system and affecting the batteries. after a few charges they would overheat during use and kill the phone (in one case burning the face of a person using it)

I wonder if something similar is going on here.
    Last edited by Ath_x64; 06-30-2009 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Chronic Dev Team are far more advanced than the Dev Team, only reason they're sooo ahead is because of the awesome teen known as GeoHot!!!!
    A.T - Apple Retail Store - iPhone 3GS availability at the Apple Store

Both Manchester stores have stock of all models between them

The O2 Call Centre monkeys are clueless when it comes to this type of thing - a colleague of mine was told by them 2 weeks prior to the 3G-S Release that "no new model would be released this year"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WCR4_6 For This Useful Post:

MetallicaFan1991 (06-30-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ath_x64's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WCR4_6 View Post
    A.T - Apple Retail Store - iPhone 3GS availability at the Apple Store

Both Manchester stores have stock of all models between them

The O2 Call Centre monkeys are clueless when it comes to this type of thing - a colleague of mine was told by them 2 weeks prior to the 3G-S Release that "no new model would be released this year"
    sounds like AT&T here in the US. they were telling people that the 3G S was sold out on Saturday and that you would have to order one (waiting 7-14 days) but the Apple Stores had plenty and only a 30 minute wait.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default battery issue
    I have that problem when using certain CPU intensive apps, like leaf trombone. I also have a serious issue with battery drain, my 3g & my 2g BOTH hold battery better. I have been investigating this on Apple's forums, I am not alone, but there are several suggestions I plan to implement. I am not using any 3rd party chargers.

Thanks

I think I'm just going to pick one up today, regardless of the overheating rumors.

My window of time is closing for me to get my ECID thing before 3.0.1

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Not me

So far my 3GS has gotten no warmer than my 3G -- and I've been using the crap out of it.

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

My 3G S has gotten pretty warm..
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

^O2 can't even enable MMS for me, I keep getting a link instead of the MMS, no matter what phone and I phoned them up 4 times and all they keep doing is sending settings!! They don't understand what I'm trying to say, I'm going to have a go at them next time!!!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmerrill View Post
    I have that problem when using certain CPU intensive apps, like leaf trombone. I also have a serious issue with battery drain, my 3g & my 2g BOTH hold battery better. I have been investigating this on Apple's forums, I am not alone, but there are several suggestions I plan to implement. I am not using any 3rd party chargers.
    Quote Originally Posted by eballesq View Post
    So far my 3GS has gotten no warmer than my 3G -- and I've been using the crap out of it.
    I think it has to be 3rd party chargers. I'd like to ask someone who had a real overheating problem with the 3G[s] and see if they used only the apple charger.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

I think I'm just going to pick one up today, regardless of the overheating rumors.

My window of time is closing for me to get my ECID thing before 3.0.1
    Just get it. I went and bought 2 yesterday so I would have them here with the purplera1n...no problems, no overheating, no drainage. Like any new phone I just let them charge for 24 hours before using....but if you want to jailbreak I would suggest getting them soon
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Melech518 For This Useful Post:

SilverFox (06-30-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    lmao, got any?
    lol...

too bad you are too far away

NO MORE NEEDS TO BE SAID!!

Thanks

A.T, it sets itself up automatically after you are activated at 3.0. They send you a text preparing you for the following text which is a picture.

Do you have a proper iPhone contract or simplicity or something?
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello.. First post here

Eagerly awaiting the 3gs jailbreak.. but curious if anyone has heard of:

Unlock iPhone 2G, 3G & 3Gs 3.0 - Easy iPhone Unlock - iPhone 3.0 Unlock

I know there are a million scams out there regarding this stuff, but this one is endorsed by zibri on his blog which seems sort of weird... I googled for reviews and things but could not find any real salient details on them..

Certainly want to support geohot/chronic/devteam and would love the free version, but curious if these guys are full of fud or not..

Thanks..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melech518 View Post
    Just get it. I went and bought 2 yesterday so I would have them here with the purplera1n...no problems, no overheating, no drainage. Like any new phone I just let them charge for 24 hours before using....but if you want to jailbreak I would suggest getting them soon
    How much time do you think I have?

Also, how and where should I buy it (btw, I'm switching from verizon to at&t so it'd be under new contract)?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spotmanz View Post
    Hello.. First post here

I know there are a million scams out there regarding this stuff, but this one is endorsed by zibri on his blog which seems sort of weird... I googled for reviews and things but could not find any real salient details on them..

Certainly want to support geohot/chronic/devteam and would love the free version, but curious if these guys are full of fud or not..

Thanks..
    Of course it's a scam!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    A.T, it sets itself up automatically after you are activated at 3.0. They send you a text preparing you for the following text which is a picture.

Do you have a proper iPhone contract or simplicity or something?
    Well actually I'm using an iPhone 2G with the hack that makes MMS appear in the Messages app. All was working fine until I decided to text MMS to O2 to get settings, I thought it would trick them into thinking I have a 3G but nope I was wrong, they realized I have a 2G, I can send fine, just can't receive.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

How much time do you think I have?

Also, how and where should I buy it (btw, I'm switching from verizon to at&t so it'd be under new contract)?
    You have plenty of time. When 3.0.1 is released they will still be shifting stock of 3.0 iPhones so i wouldn't go panic stations yet, it just depends on how seriously Apple are taking this jailbreak
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spotmanz View Post
    Hello.. First post here

Thanks..
    I wouldn't do it! Wait...